• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

19 minutes ago, other one said:

From everything I read across the internet acquaintances I have, Target is going to pay a heavy price for opening their bathrooms up to both sexes...   We are going to stop shopping there altogether until they change back.

I needed to get some stuff in a specific packaging size that some other stores have quit carrying. So I thought "I know I will go to target and see if they have it" .... then immediately thought "hmm given that they are having transgender bathrooms now I think I will spend my money elsewhere even if it means accepting a packaging size I dont like". 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

9 hours ago, OldSchool2 said:

But have you heard the latest from the NY Times?

Ted Cruz and John Kasich to Coordinate Against Donald Trump

"Senator Ted Cruz and Gov. John R. Kasich of Ohio have agreed to coordinate in future primary contests in a last-ditch effort to deny Donald J. Trump the Republican presidential nomination, with each candidate standing aside in certain states amid growing concerns that Mr. Trump cannot otherwise be stopped...."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/25/us/politics/ted-cruz-john-kasich-donald-trump.html?emc=edit_na_20160425&nlid=34808475&ref=cta&_r=0

Another example of how neither Cruz or Kasich are good leaders.  Supposedly they want to team up to beat the actual winner, only for this outcome to happen they have to work together (which they had trouble doing right after they made this agreement), and then the delegates that Trump has already won, actually have to vote for the second or third runner up instead.   Again, politics in action to deliberately go against the voters.  I guess neither Cruz or Kasich has yet figured out their flaws that are preventing them from taking the lead, so instead of cleaning up their act, they choose to try to steal something they don't have. 

2 minutes ago, Butero said:

Everything they are doing is completely within the rules.  If people don't like it, they have to change the system.  Until then, if Kasich and Cruz want to team up, that is their right.  I didn't vote for Trump, and I am still hoping one of the other candidates will get the nomination at a brokered convention, but I still plan to vote for Trump if he prevails.  He may still win.  He is going to do very well tomorrow, and could still make it to 1237 delegates.  All the people that keep saying he has no chance of doing that are not looking at the math.  He can very easily get there.  Still, the system is what it is, and both Kasich and Cruz know that they can still become the nominee at a brokered convention so why not go for it?  It is not stealing if it is within the rules.  That is just the way it is. 

Understood.  I am not in favor of "rules" allowing politicians to disregard the voters choice.  It is stealing the choice of nomination from the voters.  It is more of the politics that many are fed up with.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

13 hours ago, hmbld said:

...  I guess neither Cruz or Kasich has yet figured out their flaws that are preventing them from taking the lead, so instead of cleaning up their act, they choose to try to steal something they don't have. 

Rush Limbaugh said you can't claim people are stealing something you don't (yet) have.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

OOOOps,,,,,,,,thanks Old School,I see it was Morning Glory,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, OldSchool2 said:

Rush Limbaugh said you can't claim people are stealing something you don't (yet) have.

actually you can.....   you just can't accuse them of sealing it directly from you.

But I would agree with you if you say that they are not stealing at all for they are breaking no laws.....   just exposing how much the way parties choose their delegates do not really go along with what the general public thought it did.

Cruz is not really doing anything illegal, just that much of the electorate thinks it's not ethical.....   they are finding out our electoral system is not what they thought and they are upset about it.   I personally hope new parties come out of it and the Republican party along with the Democratic party just dies and goes away.  Do away with the Oligarchy that has controlled things for a hundred years.

9 hours ago, OldSchool2 said:

I would say Trump does indeed have more votes, and is in the lead, and is seen by the republicans as being the one the voters are picking.  Yet they wish to take away (steal) the nomination that the voters are selecting.  

1 hour ago, hmbld said:

I would say Trump does indeed have more votes, and is in the lead, and is seen by the republicans as being the one the voters are picking.  Yet they wish to take away (steal) the nomination that the voters are selecting.  

Again, if you don't break the GOP's rules for state primaries, how can anyone be accused of stealing delegates candidates don't yet have?

4 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

Again, if you don't break the GOP's rules for state primaries, how can anyone be accused of stealing delegates candidates don't yet have?

lol.  Politics is all about unethical behavior that is not illegal.  And sometimes politicians seem to actually believe they are above the law.  Regardless if it is legal or not, do you support a system where citizens votes are meaningless?  

14 minutes ago, hmbld said:

lol.  Politics is all about unethical behavior that is not illegal.  And sometimes politicians seem to actually believe they are above the law.  Regardless if it is legal or not, do you support a system where citizens votes are meaningless?  

No, that's why I'm an unaffiliated registered voter who doesn't vote in pointless party primaries.