• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Angels,,,

I usually pass by the really long OP's but I stopped to look because of the Subject Title & t7he more I read the more I kept on reading,thanks Sis ,great Thread & very much a positive & encouraging one at that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Bless you Beloved!

But none of us is helpless. Every action and every thought is a choice, and there are always choices. Choose you this day whom ye will serve.

posted by Ezra

Ahhh,for me that is the heart of it!!!! NONE OF US ARE HELPLESS,it's all about choices,Whom shall we serve?!!!!! Great words Brother,fantastic and really ,everyone has contributed fantastic replies!

Even posts can be a distraction & as Angels said,,,,,,,,FOCUS,FOCUS,FOCUS!!!! The less we can put the "me" & the "I" in everything the easier it becomes to walk in Spirit & in  Truth with the Heart & Mind of Christ,,,,,,we read an un-edifying OP,a snarky remark,a personal attack etc,,,,,,,we are not helpless,we have a choice to "RE-act" or "respond" or even "not to",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,stay Jesus focused & it will be well,look for those little "Promptings " of His Holy Spirit to lead ,guide,direct & give us the right Words to say(or to be quiet)

We are here,United by our Faith,One Body,the Same Spirit with Jesus Christ our Head,,,,,One Goal,One Purpose,One Love,One Grace,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Praise & Glory to our Loving,Merciful ,Gracious Father in Heaven,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Halleluyah!!!                          With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

21 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Angels,,,

I usually pass by the really long OP's but I stopped to look because of the Subject Title & t7he more I read the more I kept on reading,thanks Sis ,great Thread & very much a positive & encouraging one at that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Bless you Beloved!

Ahhh,for me that is the heart of it!!!! NONE OF US ARE HELPLESS,it's all about choices,Whom shall we serve?!!!!! Great words Brother,fantastic and really ,everyone has contributed fantastic replies!

Even posts can be a distraction & as Angels said,,,,,,,,FOCUS,FOCUS,FOCUS!!!! The less we can put the "me" & the "I" in everything the easier it becomes to walk in Spirit & in  Truth with the Heart & Mind of Christ,,,,,,we read an un-edifying OP,a snarky remark,a personal attack etc,,,,,,,we are not helpless,we have a choice to "RE-act" or "respond" or even "not to",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,stay Jesus focused & it will be well,look for those little "Promptings " of His Holy Spirit to lead ,guide,direct & give us the right Words to say(or to be quiet)

We are here,United by our Faith,One Body,the Same Spirit with Jesus Christ our Head,,,,,One Goal,One Purpose,One Love,One Grace,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Praise & Glory to our Loving,Merciful ,Gracious Father in Heaven,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Halleluyah!!!                          With love-in Christ,Kwik

Agree so much dear Kwik, we must make the decision who we will serve every minute of the day but as long as we are still here's still here we will get distracted , the key is to realize when that happens and to deal with it in the right way.

In the end when we look back at our life which things will stand out from Jesus?

1 Cor.13:12

Love
11When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things.12For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known. 13But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.

In Jesus name we stand ~~:emot-heartbeat:

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I think too many people don't take the time to really enjoy life while we are here.....   I don't see anywhere it says we can't live a holy life here going and doing and being happy.....    we don't have to have a martyr complex and be miserable all our lives to follow Jesus.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

I believe one of the biggest distractions we all face are our phones.  I basically hate my phone; not because it's a bad phone, it's actually an 'all the bells and whistles' Iphone.  I hate it because I HAVE to use it, I HAVE to have it with me all time and it consumes too much time and brain cells. How on earth did we survive before smart phones???? Oh, and I hate it because I HAVE to pay the bill every month.  :huh:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

I think a big distraction is when we argue about dress codes, and what Bible translation should be used. Should we read the NIV or the KJV?   Next thing we are screaming at each other accusing one another of not loving Jesus while the world is full of hurting, lost people in pain in need of help and the love of Christ. I think the devil loves it when he can get Christians to go at each other over things that should be just between you and God.  It is ok to talk about stuff. But when a church for example spends its time fussing about what people should wear or what music they should listen too, I think that is getting the Church focus off of the work of God. Which to me I think is reaching out to the hurt and the lost.

And this was not meant to be address to anyone on here. But more of addressing churches who do this stuff to people.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

when I was young I was familiar with a church split over the color of new carpeting that they had all agreed to replace.  at my early age it seemed quite comical.....    but it wasn't....   not at all.

4 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I think a big distraction is when we argue about dress codes, and what Bible translation should be used. Should we read the NIV or the KJV?   Next thing we are screaming at each other accusing one another of not loving Jesus while the world is full of hurting, lost people in pain in need of help and the love of Christ. I think the devil loves it when he can get Christians to go at each other over things that should be just between you and God.  It is ok to talk about stuff. But when a church for example spends its time fussing about what people should wear or what music they should listen too, I think that is getting the Church focus off of the work of God. Which to me I think is reaching out to the hurt and the lost.

And this was not meant to be address to anyone on here. But more of addressing churches who do this stuff to people.

Agree Lady, there are  so many of distractions around us and we should focus on the big things and not on the miners, a lot of those little things are not even worth thinking of.

Agree the devil is most happy when Gods children criticise and judge their brothers and sisters so he can keep them from loving each other.

Love you sister:emot-heartbeat:

3 hours ago, other one said:

when I was young I was familiar with a church split over the color of new carpeting that they had all agreed to replace.  at my early age it seemed quite comical.....    but it wasn't....   not at all.

Really? How ridiculous , those things should not happen but they still happen all the time .

Christians can be their own biggest enemies :(

On 4/25/2016 at 3:26 PM, MorningGlory said:

I believe one of the biggest distractions we all face are our phones.  I basically hate my phone; not because it's a bad phone, it's actually an 'all the bells and whistles' Iphone.  I hate it because I HAVE to use it, I HAVE to have it with me all time and it consumes too much time and brain cells. How on earth did we survive before smart phones???? Oh, and I hate it because I HAVE to pay the bill every month.  :huh:

Hi MG,

I don't use my phone much , I have a pay as you go plan and only use it if i have to. :)

But I can say that the computer can be my biggest distraction, I'm interesting in so my different things and that can consume a lot of my time. :(

I can't wait for the nicer weather to arrive so we can walk on the beach and enjoy nature more :)

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Angels.....

I believe it was Ezra or maybe it was otherone ,,,,,,,,,hmm,well anyway,one of them said,,,,,,,,"We are not helpless" & that stands out to me as I always say"We are accountable" ,,,it is the same thing.....

What I am saying is,,,,Although "distractions" caused by "this or that" or "this one or that one" are the obviously the  work of the enemy ,the not so obvious is our re-actions to the distractions      Rather than 'kicking the dust off our feet" ,many times we fall into the snare of becoming frustrated and playing the blame game,we know (recognize)the enemy just threw a wrench in the middle of things and yet instead of moving on & re-focusing on God & Godly things we ourselves become the distraction-lol

Eg: I hate it when "they do this & that" and it leads to "this & that" and "these are the ones at fault",,,,,,,,,,,,,   You see,now "we" are the distraction,now we are distracting others(besides ourselves) and putting the FOCUS on the distractor,,,,,,,,,just want they wanted to begin with

We cannot entertain the enemy,we gotta "get out of Dodge"-lol   Change the subject to something edifying,encouraging,praise worthy,lovely,Heavenly,Godly,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,simple?not really,,,,,not for us unless we keep our eyes on Jesus

God is Awesome,He is Almighty,He is the Ultimate Authority & a no nonsense God,,,,,,,,,,,"We are not helpless"we can turn anything around as we can do ALL things in Christ Jesus

Genesis 50:20
But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much peo

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Colossians 3:1-2 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

James 4:7 So submit to God. But resist the devil and he will flee from you.

This is a great discussion,I would like to take a moment to Praise God & give Him thanks,,,,,,,

Thank You,Heavenly Father,,,,,,,,,,,we are so grateful for this,Your Worthy Ministry,,,,,the Blessed Place You have Provided us with to gather together in Your Holy Name & Your Holy Presence that we can exalt You,glorify you,receive Your Revelation,Guidance,Instruction & Oh,Your Bountiful Blessings by the Power of Your Most Holy Ghost,,,,,,in the Mighty & Matchless Name of Jesus,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,continue to work through us all and to draw others unto Yourself that they too,be Saved & live a life more abundant ,,,,,just as You have given us,by Your Grace,,,,,,,,,,,,,may Your Will be done on earth as it is in Heaven,Glory to You!!!

With love-in Christ,Kwik