spiderman1917

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

The original post is not about the Messianic movement, one law, or any other group. It sounds to me that Spiderman is speaking to a Jewish person. If Spiderman is talking to this person about Jesus, that is the right thing to do.

However, if the Jewish person is claiming that AISH is showing the belief of all Jewish people concerning the Messiah, a Jewish person should know better as that is simply not true. All the Spiderman has to do is ask this person what the beliefs are of Reform Jewish people concerning the Messiah. Reform Jewish people would not agree with the AISH link. There are more Jewish people who are Reform then any other group of Jewish people in the U.S. Reconstructionist Jewish people disagree with AISH. Many Conservative Jews also disagree. Obviously Messianic Jews disagree with AISH.

17 minutes ago, Qnts2 said:

The original post is not about the Messianic movement, one law, or any other group. It sounds to me that Spiderman is speaking to a Jewish person. If Spiderman is talking to this person about Jesus, that is the right thing to do.

However, if the Jewish person is claiming that AISH is showing the belief of all Jewish people concerning the Messiah, a Jewish person should know better as that is simply not true. All the Spiderman has to do is ask this person what the beliefs are of Reform Jewish people concerning the Messiah. Reform Jewish people would not agree with the AISH link. There are more Jewish people who are Reform then any other group of Jewish people in the U.S. Reconstructionist Jewish people disagree with AISH. Many Conservative Jews also disagree. Obviously Messianic Jews disagree with AISH.

The original post is about Jewish views on the Messiah, and the messianic age. Many Messianics call themselves messianic because they practice Judaism, as well as study scripture through a Jewish lense. in view. Yes there are one law proponents within the movement, of which Gentiles adhere to as Messianics themselves.

What Spiderman gave you came from a Jewish site. Here is more from another Jewish site.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=tikkun+olam&form=EDGHPC&qs=AS&cvid=4ad2abcedc97483a9dfc7c19f9aed9bb&pq=tikkun%20olam&PC=LCTS#

tikkun olam=fixing or repairing of the world.

This idea (kabbalistic) is the performing of the mitvot, as having an actual effect to change the world. This here agrees with what the other article speaks of concerning Jerusalem as a center for all learning. The Rabbis believe to belong to Israel to initiate in the messianic age.

Mitzvot = Keeping the law

As a former Messianic, I have to disagree with you and your accounts of the Movement.

39 minutes ago, Qnts2 said:

Obviously Messianic Jews disagree with AISH.

Obviously this is not accurate qnts! Perhaps some do not, or not fully, But many do have their own version of it, and are in the process of practicing, or reheasing it. As Tikkun olam is part and parcel of the messianic ( thousand year reign) kingdom to come, in the world to come. 

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Beth+Tikkun+Messianic+Fellowship+Ohio&FORM=R5FD3#

As you can see here is a copy and paste from that web site concerning their two fold mission

Come Fellowship

Saturday Morning Services

Prayer Time: 9:30 AM
Morning Study: 11:00 AM
Afternoon Oneg: 12:00 PM

Welcome to the online home of Beth Tikkun Messianic Fellowship located in Tallmadge, OH.
The name Beth Tikkun means "place of restoration". This reflects the two-fold mission of Beth Tikkun Messianic Fellowship: to restore the church to its Jewish roots, and to introduce Jewish people to their Messiah, Yeshua.

Looks like the Church needs to return, while the Jew needs to be introduced.

Perhaps not, but having been involved with the movement in the past I think some mean something akin to the following

Since the gentile Church did not follow Jewish tikkun olam, Jews did not recognize Messiah?

3 hours ago, Joline said:

The original post is about Jewish views on the Messiah, and the messianic age. Many Messianics call themselves messianic because they practice Judaism, as well as study scripture through a Jewish lense. in view. Yes there are one law proponents within the movement, of which Gentiles adhere to as Messianics themselves.

What Spiderman gave you came from a Jewish site. Here is more from another Jewish site.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=tikkun+olam&form=EDGHPC&qs=AS&cvid=4ad2abcedc97483a9dfc7c19f9aed9bb&pq=tikkun%20olam&PC=LCTS#

tikkun olam=fixing or repairing of the world.

This idea (kabbalistic) is the performing of the mitvot, as having an actual effect to change the world. This here agrees with what the other article speaks of concerning Jerusalem as a center for all learning. The Rabbis believe to belong to Israel to initiate in the messianic age.

Mitzvot = Keeping the law

As a former Messianic, I have to disagree with you and your accounts of the Movement.

I have told you before, the place you attended was not Messianic Judaism. It was Two House with some One Law views.

Spiderman said he was talking to a Jewish person and they were obviously talking about the Messiah. Talking to Jewish people about Jesus is good. 

Tikkun Olam does mean repairing the world. The main method practiced is giving to charity to repair the world. Per capita, Jewish people are some of the largest donators to charity.

Belonging to Israel is not viewed as initiating the messianic age. There is one extreme group of hyper-orthodox who believe that Jewish people keeping the Mosaic law will hasten the Messiah. That group tried to get Jewish people to 'lay tefillin', but after many years with no messiah, they came to the conclusion that if Gentiles would keep the Noachide laws, that would help to hasten the Messiah, so they started an effort to get Gentiles to keep the Noachide law. Those who recruit for the Noachide movement should be avoided as once they convince you to keep the Noachide laws, they will begin to teach you the Jesus is not the Messiah, and to try to convince Messianic Jews to renounce Jesus.   

17 minutes ago, Qnts2 said:

I have told you before, the place you attended was not Messianic Judaism. It was Two House with some One Law views. 

Tikkun Olam does mean repairing the world. The main method practiced is giving to charity to repair the world. Per capita, Jewish people are some of the largest donators to charity.

Belonging to Israel is not viewed as initiating the messianic age. There is one extreme group of hyper-orthodox who believe that Jewish people keeping the Mosaic law will hasten the Messiah. That group tried to get Jewish people to 'lay tefillin', but after many years with no messiah, they came to the conclusion that if Gentiles would keep the Noachide laws, that would help to hasten the Messiah, so they started an effort to get Gentiles to keep the Noachide law. Those who recruit for the Noachide movement should be avoided as once they convince you to keep the Noachide laws, they will begin to teach you the Jesus is not the Messiah, and to try to convince Messianic Jews to renounce Jesus.   

You are correct, we have spoken of this before. And you are wrong about the place I attended. They have since become one law, but were not when I attended. I did not even know about one law until I got on the internet. It is because of what MESSIANICS were teaching on the net that I left the movement.

several others have already told you, You do not accurately reflect what WE KNOW we experienced. I know what was taught qnts. I know what I read during those years.

Just now, Joline said:

You are correct, we have spoken of this before. And you are wrong about the place I attended. They have since become one law, but were not when I attended. As several others have already told you, You do not accurately reflect what WE KNOW we experienced. I know what was taught qnts. I know what I read during those years.

I am familiar with Two House and One law as I have spoken against it consistently. What you write about fits those categories but does not fit Messianic Judaism, which opposes both Two House and One law. On another forum, I quoted the statement of faith of the 2 largest Messianic Judaism organizations, but you refused to believe they mean what they say. Since I am a Messianic Jew, and I know people and leaders involved, I think you are totally wrong.

1 minute ago, Qnts2 said:

I am familiar with Two House and One law as I have spoken against it consistently. What you write about fits those categories but does not fit Messianic Judaism, which opposes both Two House and One law. On another forum, I quoted the statement of faith of the 2 largest Messianic Judaism organizations, but you refused to believe they mean what they say. Since I am a Messianic Jew, and I know people and leaders involved, I think you are totally wrong.

I am familiar with one law as well. And I am also familiar with the history of some of those were listed within it's leadership. You already know all this we went round about it before. I know what those under their leadership were teaching right on the internet. Don't tell me I did not experience what I experienced Please. Others who have been through the same as me have asked the same of you as well. Messianic Judaism has a sorted and varied history. I believe you are merely attempting to paint it as one thing which it was not historically. Not in the 90's anyway.

7 minutes ago, Joline said:

I am familiar with one law as well. And I am also familiar with the history of some of those were listed within it's leadership. You already know all this we went round about it before. I know what those under their leadership were teaching right on the internet. Don't tell me I did not experience what I experienced Please. Others who have been through the same as me have asked the same of you as well. Messianic Judaism has a sorted and varied history. I believe you are merely attempting to paint it as one thing which it was not historically. Not in the 90's anyway.

I never said you did not experience what you experienced. I said you confuse Messianic Judaism with Two House and One Law and fail to understand they are different. Because of your experience, and lack of understanding that Messianic Judaism is not Two House or One law, you spend a lot of time railing against Messianic Judaism, often making accusations which are not accurate. Yes, we have gone around on this for years, and you have gone around on this with other Messianic Jews who told you the same thing that I have, but you refuse to believe any of us. You were hurt by Two House and felt deceived but you are blaming a group you were never a part of. So you continually attack Messianic Jews.

added: this thread is not about Two House, One law, or Messianic Judaism. Please do not make it about those.

10 minutes ago, Qnts2 said:

I never said you did not experience what you experienced. I said you confuse Messianic Judaism with Two House and One Law and fail to understand they are different. Because of your experience, and lack of understanding that Messianic Judaism is not Two House or One law, you spend a lot of time railing against Messianic Judaism, often making accusations which are not accurate. Yes, we have gone around on this for years, and you have gone around on this with other Messianic Jews who told you the same thing that I have, but you refuse to believe any of us. You were hurt by Two House and felt deceived but you are blaming a group you were never a part of. So you continually attack Messianic Jews.

This utterly untrue! Absolutely untrue. I left Messianic Judaism because of what I was reading from them on the internet. And other messianic Jew's have not told me I was wrong. What is going on here is some messianics are attempting to distance themselves from other Messianics is all. And attempting to put them in other categories. That's all. Many Messianics have left the internet because of this. I did not go to a messianic synagogue and hear about other sects of messianics. I discovered them in the Messianic Judaism forums when I began to use the internet. Some of whom were leadership in Congregations whos Rabbis were also leaders in the mjaa.

that is why I left the movement. Nobody was willing to call anybody a heretic. So, I left.

2 minutes ago, Joline said:

This utterly untrue! Absolutely untrue. I left Messianic Judaism because of what I was reading from them on the internet. And other messianic Jew's have not told me I was wrong. What is going on here is some messianics are attempting to distance themselves from other Messianics is all. And attempting to put them in other categories. That's all. Many Messianics have left the internet because of this. I did not go to a messianic synagogue and hear about other sects of messianics. I discovered them in the Messianic Judaism forums when I began to use the internet. Some of whom were leadership in Congregations whos Rabbis were also leaders in the mjaa.

that is why I left the movement. Nobody was willing to call anybody a heretic. So, I left.

Again, you did not attend a Messianic Judaism synagogue. You attended a Two House synagogue, which is predominantly Gentile. Since I have been on a forum you were on, I have seen many Messianic Jews tell you that you were wrong. You can not tell the difference between Messianic Judaism and Messianic Gentile movements. Many Messianic Jews have left forums dominated by Two House and One Law. Two House and One law tend to congregate in forums by the name of Messianic Judaism and some have gotten the Messianic Jews bounced or banned from their own forums. Again, you continually attack Messianic Jews making false accusations. I left of forum because of Christian Gentiles confusing Messianic Jews and Messianic Gentile movements and continually attacking Messianic Jews, falsely accusing us. 

Truthfully, I came here to enjoy pleasant discussions with genuine Christians. This is a great forum. I hate to see it become a platform to show hate towards Messianic Jews. 

And again, the OP has nothing to do with Messianic Judaism, One law or Two House, so, this is my last response to your garbage/