• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  3

April 24, 2016
In accordance with the Passover, today is the day when the Priests would offer offer a "sheaf" (omer) in the Temple after the Passover (Lev 23:10).  This is part of the Bikkurim.
This Jesus did when He offered Himself up to the Father after His Resurrection.

Jesus fulfilled the Spring Festivals (Appointed Times) in His First Advent.  I put it to you that He will fulfill the Fall Festivals with His parousia at His Second Advent.

The sequence of events I'd like to offer here, goes from the seminal event in the Garden to an eschatological point of debate.

First, Jesus is seen in the Garden with Mary in John.  Here, He has risen, but, importantly, He went from Sheol, or the spiritual place of the dead, not to the Father in Heaven - but to earth.  Now He must ascend to the Father.  This means where Jesus was in death, was not in Heaven.  (This is an important eschtological part of any theology - "Where do we go when we die?)

John 20:14 When she had said this, she turned around and * saw Jesus standing there, and did not know that it was Jesus. 15 Jesus *said to her, " Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?" Supposing Him to be the gardener, she *said to Him, "Sir, if you have carried Him away, tell me where you have laid Him, and I will take Him away." 16 Jesus *said to her, "Mary!" She turned and said to Him in Hebrew, " Rabboni!" (which means, Teacher). 17 Jesus *said to her, "Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God. '"

Now, an important part of this story, often overlooked, is why Mary could not 'hold onto' Jesus.

The reason, I think, is in this passage in the Old Testament which speaks about Joshua (Yeshua in the Hebrew, or Iesous in the Greek; which is the same as Jesus in the English. Joshua = Jesus: they are the same name but just different transliterations)

Zec 3:1 Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right hand to accuse him. 2 The Lord said to Satan, " The Lord rebuke you, Satan! Indeed, the Lord who has chosen Jerusalem rebuke you! Is this not a brand plucked from the fire?" 3 Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments and standing before the angel. 4 He spoke and said to those who were standing before him, saying, " Remove the filthy garments from him." Again he said to him, "See, I have taken your iniquity away from you and will clothe you with festal robes." 5 Then I said, "Let them put a clean turban on his head." So they put a clean turban on his head and clothed him with garments, while the angel of the Lord was standing by.

First we find that Jesus' "filthy garments" are actually sin, or iniquity.  This may be one reason Mary couldn't or shouldn't lay hands on the risen Lord: He was covered in spiritual filth and she would be so imbued.  A second equally valid reason may be induced that Jesus is carrying evidence with Him to Heaven: the world's sin.

Now a second point in Zechariah is that Satan, who has the ability to be in the Throne of Heaven like he was in the book of Job accusing God's children, is here accusing Jesus.  However, his accusation is false since Jesus, while covered in sin, did not sin.

Significantly: God doubly rebukes Satan.  This is significant.  Plus, Satan is not heard again in this courtroom scene.

My logical conclusion is that like with any courtroom, the Judge (God the Father) has a bailiff, or enforcement.  This is seen in Revelation chapter 12:

Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven, Michael and his angels waging war with the dragon. The dragon and his angels waged war, 8 and they were not strong enough, and there was no longer a place found for them in heaven. 9 And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him. 10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying,
"Now the salvation, and the power, and the kingdom of our God and the authority of His Christ have come...

I'll cut off the quote there - for not only was Satan thrown down - it is timed with the granting of authority to Christ Jesus - which we see in Zechariah 3:

6 And the angel of the Lord admonished Joshua, saying, 7 "Thus says the Lord of hosts, 'If you will walk in My ways and if you will perform My service, then you will also govern My house and also have charge of My courts, and I will grant you free access among these who are standing here.
The Branch
8 Now listen, Joshua the high priest, you and your friends who are sitting in front of you—indeed they are men who are a symbol, for behold, I am going to bring in My servant the Branch.

Jesus is the High Priest, on the order of Melchizedek - (Hebrews 7:1 - 8:6).

As a side note, Jesus took prisoners in His train (Ps 68:18- You have ascended on high, You have led captive Your captives) and I think that is reflected here in Zec 3:8 as the men who are a symbol, or, "men wondered at" (in the KJV, which does the best in translating the Hebrew I think at this point) and these men who witness Jesus' trial in Heaven - are the 24 Elders of the book of Revelation.

In addition, when John is told to "Come up here" - and he writes of all He sees - he never includes Satan in the Temple of God in chapters 4 and 5.

It is my theological position that Satan can have no place beside the risen Lord!  

And that for a short time - just 2 days to an immortal creature such as Satan - he has been dead set against the Jews, wasting no time trying to wipe them out in two rebellions, the second of which saw the dispersal of the Jews and the obliteration of their nation until just recently in 1947.

Well today is a special day, and I hope you all appreciate what has been done for us.

(P.S. Easter is a pagan idea, and it is NEVER mentioned in the Bible.  The one verse you might find in your English versions is still pasha in the Greek - which means the Passover - one of the Appointed Times with God.  And I suggest that if you have an appointment with God - that you not only keep it, but don't be late!)

Edited by Marcus O'Reillius