Watching for Jesus

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

The Jewish people who deny that Jesus was the Messiah, are waiting for their Messiah to come.

When he comes, will this Messiah build the temple and start the daily sacrifice?

Who will fulfill that role; the antichrist (the beast) or the false prophet?

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  308
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

Greetings "Watching for Jesus",

On 25/04/2016 at 10:03 AM, Watching for Jesus said:

The Jewish people who deny that Jesus was the Messiah, are waiting for their Messiah to come.

When he comes, will this Messiah build the temple and start the daily sacrifice?

Neither of these. Jesus is returning to convert the Jews and they will then form the first dominion of the Kingdom of God. Jesus will reign over them from Jerusalem upon the Throne of David and the Temple will be built.

Romans 11:25-28 (KJV): 25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. 28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers’ sakes.

Micah 4:1-8 (KJV): 1 But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the LORD shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it. 2 And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. 3 And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. 4 But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid: for the mouth of the LORD of hosts hath spoken it. 5 For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of the LORD our God for ever and ever. 6 In that day, saith the LORD, will I assemble her that halteth, and I will gather her that is driven out, and her that I have afflicted; 7 And I will make her that halted a remnant, and her that was cast far off a strong nation: and the LORD shall reign over them in mount Zion from henceforth, even for ever. 8 And thou, O tower of the flock, the strong hold of the daughter of Zion, unto thee shall it come, even the first dominion; the kingdom shall come to the daughter of Jerusalem.

Kind regards
Trevor

Edited by TrevorL

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 1:26 AM, TrevorL said:

Greetings "Watching for Jesus",

Neither of these. Jesus is returning to convert the Jews and they will then form the first dominion of the Kingdom of God. Jesus will reign over them from Jerusalem upon the Throne of David and the Temple will be built.

Romans 11:25-28 (KJV): 25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. 28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers’ sakes.

Micah 4:1-8 (KJV): 1 But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the LORD shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it. 2 And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. 3 And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. 4 But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid: for the mouth of the LORD of hosts hath spoken it. 5 For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of the LORD our God for ever and ever. 6 In that day, saith the LORD, will I assemble her that halteth, and I will gather her that is driven out, and her that I have afflicted; 7 And I will make her that halted a remnant, and her that was cast far off a strong nation: and the LORD shall reign over them in mount Zion from henceforth, even for ever. 8 And thou, O tower of the flock, the strong hold of the daughter of Zion, unto thee shall it come, even the first dominion; the kingdom shall come to the daughter of Jerusalem.

Kind regards
Trevor

HI Trevor,

I agree with you that when Jesus returns, He will build a Temple in Jerusalem.

My questions are referring to the temple that is spoken of in the following verses. 

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Who will build this temple that the man of sin (who I believe will be the antichrist) sits in?

Isn't there a false Messiah coming before Jesus returns?

If so, who will be this false Messiah?  The antichrist?  The false prophet?  Someone else?

Jeff

Greetings Jeff,

25 minutes ago, Watching for Jesus said:

Who will build this temple that the man of sin (who I believe will be the antichrist) sits in?

Isn't there a false Messiah coming before Jesus returns?

If so, who will be this false Messiah?  The antichrist?  The false prophet?  Someone else?

I believe 2 Thessalonians 2 is speaking of the falling away, or apostasy, that commenced in the days of the Apostles. This developed and grew to become the Roman Catholic Church centred in the Papacy. Daniel 7 describes this apostate and persecuting power using the figure of the little horn of the 4th (Roman) beast. This power will oppose Christ when Jesus returns from heaven to establish his kingdom upon the earth. The concept of the antichrist being a Jew and building the 3rd temple in Jerusalem was invented by a Jesuit Catholic to divert the claims made by many Protestants during the Reformation. This Catholic teaching has been adopted and partly modified by many Pentecostals and some Evangelicals.

Kind regards Trevor

3 minutes ago, TrevorL said:

Greetings Jeff,

I believe 2 Thessalonians 2 is speaking of the falling away, or apostasy, that commenced in the days of the Apostles. This developed and grew to become the Roman Catholic Church centred in the Papacy. Daniel 7 describes this apostate and persecuting power using the figure of the little horn of the 4th (Roman) beast. This power will oppose Christ when Jesus returns from heaven to establish his kingdom upon the earth. The concept of the antichrist being a Jew and building the 3rd temple in Jerusalem was invented by a Jesuit Catholic to divert the claims made by many Protestants during the Reformation. This Catholic teaching has been adopted and partly modified by many Pentecostals and some Evangelicals.

Kind regards Trevor

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for your reply.

Jeff

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

On 25/04/2016 at 6:03 PM, Watching for Jesus said:

Since we know that Daniel's 70th week must be fulfilled, we can be sure that (a) a temple will be built in Jerusalem by the Jews, (b) the Antichrist (the Beast) will be revealed with signs and lying wonders, (c) the Jews will receive him as their Messiah, (d) he will deceive them and set up the Abomination of Desolation in the Temple.  This will trigger the Great Tribulation.

1 hour ago, Ezra said:

Since we know that Daniel's 70th week must be fulfilled, we can be sure that (a) a temple will be built in Jerusalem by the Jews, (b) the Antichrist (the Beast) will be revealed with signs and lying wonders, (c) the Jews will receive him as their Messiah, (d) he will deceive them and set up the Abomination of Desolation in the Temple.  This will trigger the Great Tribulation.

Hi Ezra,

I have believed in this scenario most of my life, but recently I am having trouble understanding how the actions of the antichrist will fulfill the expectations that the Jewish people have of their Messiah.

I am wondering if someone else, not the antichrist, will come as the Messiah and build the Temple and start the daily sacrifice.

The antichrist will definitely stop the daily sacrifice and then set up the abomination of desolation, but is there scripture that says he will build the Temple and start the daily sacrifice?

I believe the Messiah will have to be a Jewish man, but I am leaning now on the thought that the antichrist will be a Muslim man.

Maybe both of these men, along with other leaders, will sign the covenant of Daniel 9:27.

Jeff

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

5 hours ago, Watching for Jesus said:

The antichrist will definitely stop the daily sacrifice and then set up the abomination of desolation, but is there scripture that says he will build the Temple and start the daily sacrifice?

The Antichrist will not necessarily build the Temple, but he will definitely hijack the Temple. First he will put a stop to the daily sacrifices, then he will set up the Abomination of Desolation, after which he will claim to be God (from within the Temple).

Will he meet the expectations of the Jews?  Absolutely. If he can dazzle the world with supernatural miracles, and then cause the Muslim world to accept him (or the False Prophet) as their Mahdi, he can also convince them that they must now be at peace with Israel, while he convinces the Jews that he is their long-awaited Messiah, bringing peace and prosperity to Israel.  We have no idea what kind of miracles he will perform, but they will surely deceive the world into thinking that he is divine.

A good example is Barack Obama, who fooled the world into giving him a Nobel Peace Prize, and fooled America into making him the first black President. He had no supernatural ability, but could talk a good talk. Multiply that by 1,000 and you have a world ruler who literally controls the world (with Satanic power) for 3 1/2 years.

Greetings again "Watching for Jesus",

8 hours ago, Watching for Jesus said:

I have believed in this scenario most of my life, but recently I am having trouble understanding how the actions of the antichrist will fulfill the expectations that the Jewish people have of their Messiah.

Without directly answering Ezra or your previous perception of events, I suggest that you have a brief look at the Antichrist article on Wiki, especially the paragraphs “Protestants”, Roman Catholicism” and “Futurism”. I actually believe that just as Jesus did not openly endorse the religious systems and leaders of his day, so at his return he will at first return only to the faithful and those who love his appearing. Those that subscribe to wrong teaching such as the concept of the Antichrist setting up the 3rd Temple will actually oppose Christ at his coming

Kind regards

Trevor

Edited by TrevorL

9 hours ago, Ezra said:

The Antichrist will not necessarily build the Temple, but he will definitely hijack the Temple. First he will put a stop to the daily sacrifices, then he will set up the Abomination of Desolation, after which he will claim to be God (from within the Temple).

Will he meet the expectations of the Jews?  Absolutely. If he can dazzle the world with supernatural miracles, and then cause the Muslim world to accept him (or the False Prophet) as their Mahdi, he can also convince them that they must now be at peace with Israel, while he convinces the Jews that he is their long-awaited Messiah, bringing peace and prosperity to Israel.  We have no idea what kind of miracles he will perform, but they will surely deceive the world into thinking that he is divine.

A good example is Barack Obama, who fooled the world into giving him a Nobel Peace Prize, and fooled America into making him the first black President. He had no supernatural ability, but could talk a good talk. Multiply that by 1,000 and you have a world ruler who literally controls the world (with Satanic power) for 3 1/2 years.

Hi Ezra,

I have always believed as you do, but now, I cannot see the Jewish people accepting anyone else but a Jewish man as their Mashiach or Messiah, and I cannot see the Muslim world accepting a Jewish man as their Mahdi.

The Muslim world is awaiting their Mahdi and their prophet Isa (he will be Jesus to the Muslims).  I see the Mahdi as fulfilling the role of the antichrist and Isa as fulfilling the role of the false prophet.  The Muslim world is also awaiting one who is called Dajjal.  To the Muslims, Dajjal will be a false Messiah.

Is it possible that a man, other than the antichrist, will come to fulfill the role of the Mashiach to the Jewish people and also be Dajjal to the Muslim world; their false messiah?

Jeff