• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, WilliamL said:

Major volcanic eruptions can have that effect.

A pole shift or reversal would cause the Pacific Ring of Fire to go off. "[E]very mountain and island [will be] moved out of its place" after the "great earthquake" of Rev. 6:12, and the skies will be darkened worldwide.

I agree with you William, the great earthquake will cause volcanic eruptions and the skies to be darkened worldwide (the sun to be darkened and the moon to turn to blood).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,061
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

45 minutes ago, Watching for Jesus said:

I agree with you William, the great earthquake will cause volcanic eruptions and the skies to be darkened worldwide (the sun to be darkened and the moon to turn to blood).

I believe it says that the sun will become as black as sack cloth and the moon turn to blood......    how can the sun be darkened to the point of being black and yet we see any part of the moon.  the eruptions would be between us and both the moon and sun.  I fail to see how the super bright sun could be black and still see the moon....

I think it also says the powers of the heavens will be upset also....    no telling what all will be happening....

But I will say that the scientists tell me that if there is a planet x, the effect it could have on us would explain that part of the Bible.

i don't know of all the possibilities, but I can't see volcanoes doing it that way.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

That goes too much into date setting for me.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

-

Edited by Watching for Jesus

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

8 hours ago, WilliamL said:

Major volcanic eruptions can have that effect.

A pole shift or reversal would cause the Pacific Ring of Fire to go off. "[E]very mountain and island [will be] moved out of its place" after the "great earthquake" of Rev. 6:12, and the skies will be darkened worldwide.

Pole shifts have never caused problems in the past. Why would they do so now?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,111
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

2 hours ago, other one said:

how can the sun be darkened to the point of being black and yet we see any part of the moon?

I live about 60 miles as the crow flies from the headwaters of the Rio Grande, which area burned in a massive firestorm a few years ago. During the day, even at this distance the sun was often blotted out. But at night, the air cooled, the fires subsided, the particulates settled out more quickly, and the moon was indeed seen blood red. It very much seemed like a preview...

Much of the smoke and fires from burning volcanoes likewise comes from burning forests; and likewise, night times bring cooler temperatures and faster settling of particulates.

1 hour ago, ayin jade said:

Pole shifts have never caused problems in the past. Why would they do so now?

I beg to differ. Read Immanuel Velikovsky's Worlds in Collision, or L. Taylor Hansen's The Ancient Atlantic, to read accounts of the devastation caused by the last two pole reversals: at the Flood, and at the Exodus. There have been two other pole reversals in historical times, equally devastating. Velikovsky's book also describes the lesser but still severe cataclysms caused by a number of 8th-century BC pole shifts, one occurring when Sennacherib's army was destroyed.

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

On 4/28/2016 at 5:03 PM, other one said:

I believe it says that the sun will become as black as sack cloth and the moon turn to blood......    how can the sun be darkened to the point of being black and yet we see any part of the moon.  the eruptions would be between us and both the moon and sun.  I fail to see how the super bright sun could be black and still see the moon....

I think it also says the powers of the heavens will be upset also....    no telling what all will be happening....

But I will say that the scientists tell me that if there is a planet x, the effect it could have on us would explain that part of the Bible.

i don't know of all the possibilities, but I can't see volcanoes doing it that way.

You are assuming the text says these things will happen the same day.  It doesn't say that. It just says the moon will be turned to blood and the sun black as sack clothe BEFORE the day of the Lord.  And the "day of the Lord" is not one literal 24 hr period either.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

It isn't so much the September 23rd sign alone that is significant, it is how it fits into other phenomenon.

The Blood Moon Tetrad has been mentioned.  4 Blood Moons that occurred on the feast days of Passover and Tabernacles two consecutive years, 2014-2015.  To occur that way is fairly rare.  3 times this has happened in 1000 years.

The Bethlehem Star event in 2015 right between the 2015 pair of the lunar eclipses (blood moons) of 2015. The wise men who visited the child Yeshua had seen the star 2 years prior.  The 2015 event was 2 years ago.  It is a close conjunction of Regulus, the king star in constellation Leo, and Jupter, the king star of the solar system.  Hasn't happened since roughly 3-2 BC.  

Also, this Sept 23rd event occurs at the close of Rosh Hashanah, or the Feast of Trumpets.  And the American solar eclipse happened just before the start of Teshuvah, or season of repentance starting on Elul 1 of the Hebrew calendar which is the 33 days before Rosh Hashanah and 40 days before Yom Kippur.  Rosh Hashanah has traditional Hebrew views of the righteous are sealed and separated before the "days of awe" which are the 7 days between Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur (day of Atonement).  Rosh Hashanah (feast of Trumpets) is also known as Yom Teruah (the awakening blast which speaks of resurrection) is called "the day that no man knows" because it falls on the 1st of the month of Tishri and the month start cannot be established till two certified witnesses confirm the new moon.  Also, the "last trump" is blown at the end of the feast when "the twinkling of an eye", or last sliver of sun is seen as it sets on the 2nd day of the feast.  

Then you combine these aspects of 2017...

120 years after the first Zionist Congress to establish a homeland for Jews.  1897.  People were given 120 years prior to the flood in Noah's day.

100 years after the Balfour declaration that Great Britain opened immigration to the land of Israel for Jewish people.

70 years after UN 181 that partitioned modern Israel.

50 years since Israel recaptured all of Jerusalem in 1967, making 2017 a Jubilee year.  

There are many other converging signs that cause many people to believe that this September 23rd event has major significance. We'll have to see.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

I think that the September 23rd hype comes to dangerously into date setting.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,061
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

I think that the September 23rd hype comes to dangerously into date setting.

some people are making it that way....   problem is that it seems to be a date and a rather unique one.....    but what it is pointing out seems to be just about anything and everything....   it's kind of frustrating.