IGNORED

Christian how do you interpret this verse?

psalmone

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/15/1970

1Pe_5:10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

Do you think this is a stage of tribulation that the Christian may face and then relax?
Or do you think we endure hardship to the end?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

No, I don't think this specifically describes the final tribulation, but the whole experience of persecution that is a cornerstone or the history of Christianity.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

22 minutes ago, psalmone said:

1Pe_5:10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

Do you think this is a stage of tribulation that the Christian may face and then relax?

Refers to the Blessings from suffering, persecutions

1. Perfection. 2 cor. 13:5, Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

2. Establishment in the faith, Romans 1:11, For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established;

3. Spiritual strength. Gr. sthenos, to bind together and strengthen so there will be no warping, splitting, or danger of falling apart.

4. Settling or grounding one in the faith. 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, psalmone said:

What this verse is telling us is that trials, tribulation, afflictions, and troubles will come to all who live godly in Christ Jesus (and will not end at a specific time), but the end result will be worthwhile. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

We are to persevere the evil,pain and suffering in this world. God will lift us up form whatever we face.He will give us the strength to endure. Our foundation is safe and secure when we are with Christ.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,777
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

16 hours ago, Butero said:

If you go back a few verses, the meaning becomes more clear. 

1 Peter 5:8-10  Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.  But the God of all grace, who hath called us into his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you. 

What this is saying is that we all face temptations and trials of our faith.  Many of these things come from the devil, who is our enemy.  He is going about looking to destroy anyone he can.  We are to resist those temptations, and we are also to realize that we are not alone in the things we are having to deal with.  The devil is tempting everyone else and seeking to destroy their lives.  Sometimes we think we are going through things that nobody else can understand.  Everyone is in a spiritual fight for their very existence.  Peter is encouraging us in saying that God will take those trials and temptations and perfect us.  He will establish us and give us strength and help us to become steady as a rock and stable, not tossed too and fro. 

As a general rule, temptations come and they go.  You face a temptation today, you resist the devil, and he will flee for a season, but that doesn't mean he won't return.  We are in a constant warfare, and will be in a war until we meet the Lord, but know that he has the power to give you the strength to overcome anything.  You will never be tempted above that which you are able to bear.  He will also take those bad things that happen and turn them around for your good.  So if you are asking if your temptations go on constantly till you die or Jesus returns, one will come and go and you will usually have a time of peace, and then another will come and go.  It is like in a military battle.  The enemy will fire upon you for a time and then retreat.  Then they will strengthen themselves and attack again.  Put on the armor of God, and be ready at all times. 

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.  Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.  Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all to stand.  Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with the truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness, And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God:  Ephesians 6:10-17

This is a good post, I thank you for your input.

I have something also to say, our desires are ours, and the Lord found each and everyone of us in deferent situations and with deferent desires, that's why he is asking us to repent, he is not asking the devil to repent, he is asking us to repent and to resist not to go back.

It's often a struggle to change ones self. And it is not easy and not without suffering, depriving ones own self from the things they were used to. 

Of course the Devil knows our weaknesses and not all the times, but some time he will lead us to accept and yield to our temptations, and often sometimes, even setting us up to temptation.

So we need to be watch our self's and be careful and no to blamed the Devil for everything

Many of my own, I wanted them anyway, and I learned them from  my friends, or on my own, I did not need the help of the Devil, I was a willing vessel.

This is one of the situations, others will be dealing with the death of loved ones, even premature deaths or accidents, unemployment, sickness, and family crisis situations. 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

On 4/26/2016 at 5:56 PM, psalmone said:

Buteros post above gives excellent insight to the meaning of the verse.

Before I became a believer, the previous was a description of me, for I walked in the Spirit of antichrist according to the prince of the power of the air.  I was as a roaring lion seeking whom I might devour and I had a particular dislike for all things biblical.

The man responsible for preaching Christ to me went home after meeting me and told his wife he had met the first man ever possessed by a devil.  He was right. 

Upon my conversion though I became like a wave of the sea tossed to and fro by every wind if doctrine.  I was unstable at best and my new found faith tested at every turn.  I suffered great humiliation at first and eventually was driven out of my church for disagreeing with the pastor.  

As I grew I became more mature in my faith and less able to be moved.  Those things that were bitter sufferings for me early on are nothing to deal with today.

The more of the scriptures I live through the more I love and appreciate what they say.  An early mentor of mine told me to put my bible on the shelf and get out and minister unto the spiritually sick for a time then come back and reread my bible.  I was reluctant but having obeyed I have a whole new appreciation for scripture.  The bible is not an academic exercise.  It is best understood, for me, by practical application because by the grace of God when I exerience these things I have a frame of reference for understanding them.

Thanks for the topic!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,789
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 4:56 PM, psalmone said:

We have been born from heaven to remain here in the (old flesh trained by the dead first born self)... this is the teaching / learning structure, that has pleased God,
for us all. In this structure we are to recognize the nature of evil verses the nature of Good (and) in so much as seeing as God Sees through The Word and agreeing
with Him that His Way 'IS' the only way and that His Truth 'IS' the only truth and that His Life 'IS' the only life... because many will not come to Him to be enabled
for this path they hate and persecute us... even our own bodies are against us >but< if we are the real deal then this will be found true
Ge 33:14 Ex 18:23 1 Ch 16:34 1 Ch 16:41 2 Ch 5:13 2 Ch 7:3 2 Ch 7:6 2 Ch 20:21 Ezr 3:11 Est 8:6 Est 8:6 Job 8:15 Job 31:23 Ps 9:7 Ps 30:5 Ps 30:5 Ps 52:1 Ps 72:5 Ps 72:7 Ps 72:17  Ps 81:15 Ps 89:29 Ps 89:36 Ps 100:5 Ps 102:12 Ps 102:26 Ps 104:31 Ps 106:1 Ps 107:1 Ps 111:3 Ps 111:10 Ps 112:3 Ps 112:9 Ps 117:2 Ps 118:1 Ps 118:2 Ps 118:3 Ps 118:4 Ps 118:29 Ps 119:160 Ps 135:13 Ps 136:1 Ps 136:2 Ps 136:3 Ps 136:4 Ps 136:5 Ps 136:6 Ps 136:7 Ps 136:8 Ps 136:9 Ps 136:10 Ps 136:11 Ps 136:12 Ps 136:13 Ps 136:14 Ps 136:15 Ps 136:16 Ps 136:17 Ps 136:18 Ps 136:19 Ps 136:20 Ps 136:21 Ps 136:22 Ps 136:23 Ps 136:24 Ps 136:25 Ps 136:26 Ps 138:8 Ps 145:13 Pr 27:24 Jer 33:11  Eze 22:14 Mt 10:22 Mt 24:13 Mk 4:17 Mk 13:13 Jn 6:27 Ro 9:22 1 Co 13:7 2 Th 1:4 2 Ti 2:3 2 Ti 2:10 2 Ti 3:11 2 Ti 4:3 2 Ti 4:5 Heb 6:15 Heb 10:32 Heb 11:27 Heb 12:2 Heb 12:3 Heb 12:7 Heb 12:20 Jas 1:12 Jas 5:11 1 Pe 1:25 1 Pe 2:19
This is a long walk with God about endurance and in the meditations you will grow to love His method of teaching us through it The Person of Himself...    Love, Steven

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

I so agree with Esra's post.  Those who seek to live Godly lives in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.  

On April 27, 2016 at 6:11 PM, Ezra said:

What this verse is telling us is that trials, tribulation, afflictions, and troubles will come to all who live godly in Christ Jesus (and will not end at a specific time), but the end result will be worthwhile. 

On April 26, 2016 at 2:56 PM, psalmone said:

To make us perfect means maturing us.  Peter talks a lot about Christians growing and maturing.  Our hardships often change as we grow or grow older.  But God uses them all to make us more like Jesus.   

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

On 26 April 2016 at 10:56 PM, psalmone said:

Peter's letter talks about persecution in general.

This life, however harsh, is brief in comparison with eternity. And God will not abandon those whom He has called to share in His glory. His grace will enable us to stand firm until the moment that we enter His eternal Kingdom.