• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

Enoch, that's an F on your homework. you didn't even read the paper at all, did you? 
it includes some of the things you already know about, that you're demanding i produce. 

produce your own arguments. don't just follow me around trying to start them. 

all you ever want to do is argue.
about words, about carnalities, about off-topic red herrings. 
you are 'one of those who causes divisions' -- it's obvious. 
maybe you weren't always this way - who knows? but i can see in a week's passage that it's a giant waste of time interacting with you.

the Bible says i should avoid a person like you. 

bye

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

On 4/27/2016 at 1:38 PM, post said:

a sample of scripture that references "stretching out" the heavens ((consistent with observational evidence from astronomy that suggests the universe is expanding)) -- more than 2 witnesses!

Thus says God, the Lord, who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and what comes from it, who gives breath to the people on it and spirit to those who walk in it
(Isaiah 42:5) 

I made the earth and created man on it; it was my hands that stretched out the heavens, and I commanded all their host.
(Isaiah 45:12) 

Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, who formed you from the womb: “I am the Lord, who made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself"
(Isaiah 44:24)

to him who spread out the earth above the waters, for his steadfast love endures forever
(Psalm 136:6)

It is he who sits above the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers; who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them like a tent to dwell in
(Isaiah 40:22)

My hand laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand spread out the heavens; when I call to them, they stand forth together.
(Isaiah 48:13)

The burden of the word of the Lord concerning Israel: Thus declares the Lord, who stretched out the heavens and founded the earth and formed the spirit of man within him

(Zechariah 12:1)

It is he who made the earth by his power, who established the world by his wisdom, and by his understanding stretched out the heavens.
(Jeremiah 10:12)

Bless the Lord, O my soul!
O Lord my God, You are very great;
You are clothed with splendor and majesty,
Covering Yourself with light as with a cloak,
Stretching out heaven like a tent curtain.

(Psalm 104:1-2)

He alone stretches out the heavens and treads on the waves of the sea.
(Job 9:8) 

And the likeness of the firmament upon the heads of the living creature was as the colour of the terrible crystal, stretched forth over their heads above.
(Ezekiel 1:22) 

can you join him in spreading out the skies, hard as a mirror of cast bronze?
(Job 37:18)

I, even I, am he who comforts you.

Who are you that you fear mere mortals,

human beings who are but grass,

that you forget the Lord your Maker,

who stretches out the heavens

and who lays the foundations of the earth,

that you live in constant terror every day

because of the wrath of the oppressor,

who is bent on destruction?
(Isaiah 51:12-13)

He made the earth by his power; he founded the world by his wisdom and stretched out the heavens by his understanding.
(Jeremiah 51:15)

et cetera . . .

I find it Absolutely Bewildering that every single time you're challenged, you post INANE Straw Man Fallacies in SUPPORT of your Arguments.

Have I said that the Heavens weren't stretched out by GOD ??  Can you please Quote Me Specifically....?

All this wasting time over...

post: "... observable evidence of astronomy indicate that the universe began at a single point in time and proceeded from a single point in space."

post: "the Genesis account understood in a particular way actually lines up perfectly with a "big bang" beginning to the universe. "

Enoch2021:

Please Post the Scientific 'big bang' theory...?

Please post this "Observable Evidence" from astronomy?

Please post from Scripture where the Universe "proceeded" from a single point in Space...?

What do you do :blink:, well...

Red Shift then 12 Verses from Scripture stating that the heavens are Stretched out by GOD.  

Not even mentioning wholesale "DODGING" where I explicitly showed Stamp on The Forehead Contradictions between the 'big bang' and The Holy Bible.

Red Shift doesn't = the 'big bang' theory.

Red Shift doesn't = the universe expanded from a single point in space.

Bible Passages referencing 'the Stretching of the Heavens" doesn't = the 'big bang' theory.

Bible Passages referencing 'the Stretching of the Heavens" doesn't = the universe expanded from a single point in space.

Can you grasp this? 

If he can't, can a Third Party   help.gif

regards

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

On 4/27/2016 at 6:12 AM, post said:

download.jpg

I have asked this very question of every atheist I've ever encountered, mostly online, and I've never gotten an answer.  This is really kind of basic.

1 hour ago, Enoch2021 said:

I find it Absolutely Bewildering

isn't it strange that whenever i post scripture, you don't address any of it -- you just call it "inane" and "fallacy" ? 

i find it bewildering that you act this way, but your avatar says the word of God is one of your primary interests. 

1 hour ago, MorningGlory said:

I have asked this very question of every atheist I've ever encountered, mostly online, and I've never gotten an answer.  This is really kind of basic.

i'm actually kind of encouraged when i see them coming to Christian sites online -- even if they're really just trolling. 
no one comes to Christ unless the Father draws them -- none of these people come unless they are drawn. i hope that their appearing represents the Spirit of God tugging at them and nudging them towards believers. 
and if they come to troll, then it is a blessing for us, because we're found worthy of being mocked for the Lord's sake. 

it really speaks to the majesty of Christ that He cannot be ignored. His own sheep respond to Him with love, clinging to Him, and so many who don't believe get so worked up over Him -- in His name is such power! that even some who absolutely reject Him become totally obsessed with Him - some people who hate God talk more about Him than some of us do, and we're the ones claiming that our whole life is found in Him!
that's challenging, too. convicting -- we should have equal if not greater obsession, shouldn't we? 
if we truly love Him with all our hearts, minds and souls? 

((for the reader being confused by Enoch))

"big bang" is not a conventional explosion. it refers to the expansion of space itself - the "stretching out" of the universe in every direction simultaneously, as though it were a piece of elastic fabric on a canvas stretcher, or a tent. a common illustration is the surface of a balloon being blown up.
one of the primary evidences that led to these types of theories, in agreement with scripture, which describes the heavens/firmament being "stretched" or "spread out" in at least 17 different places from several authors (really, one author - the Holy Ghost), is redshift. 
the universe appears to be expanding in every direction simultaneously. if one 'plays this effect backwards in time' (just as you would if you had evidence of a bullet hole, playing the trajectory of the projectile backwards by derived direction and velocity approximations) it indicates that the entire universe was at one time, presumably the time that it was created, a singularity -- a 0-volume point.

there is no known cause for this observed expansion, that by measurement of redshift of heavenly bodies everywhere we look appears to have been going on as far back in time as we can "see" -- no know cause to secular science, which does not consider God as a reality. but as for us, repeating myself here because Enoch's been muddying the waters, we know that the universe was made by His word. He spoke, and said "let there be light" and there was light. and He said "let there be an expanse" and there was an expanse. this is how all of Genesis describes His method of creation -- and how the Psalm i quoted ((which Enoch is characteristically ignoring)) also describes it: 

By the word of the LORD the heavens were made,
their starry host by the breath of his mouth.

(Psalm 33:6) 

by the breath of His mouth. 
so how many places does the breath of God's mouth emanate from? one. a single place. His mouth. 

The universe proceeded from one place - God's mouth - at one time - when He made them by His word. and He stretched it out. 

please don't be caught up in Enoch's predilection for strife. his google is not broken. he should be smart enough to put two and two together. 
and MorningGlory, i apologize if i'm in any way contributing to your perfectly nice thread being turned into another meaningless, unprofitable argument.