• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  78

From the article: 

"In my experience it is something common among atheists: an inexplicable, incongruent and visceral hatred for the very God they imagine does not exist."

"Indeed, Romans 1:20 notes, “For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.”

"Yet excuses they make."

http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/j-matt-barber/big-bang-blows-atheism-sky-high-even-science-may-eventually-catch-gods-word

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,053
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1_363.jpg

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

both the Bible and observable evidence of astronomy indicate that the universe began at a single point in time and proceeded from a single point in space. 

the difference is that the Bible explains what that point was -- the mouth of God, when He said "let there be a universe" 
and how it occurred - 

By the word of the LORD the heavens were made,
their starry host by the breath of his mouth.

(Psalm 33:6) 

13 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

"In my experience it is something common among atheists: an inexplicable, incongruent and visceral hatred for the very God they imagine does not exist."

download.jpg

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  738
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

It's not the gods we worry about, it's their followers.  

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

6 hours ago, post said:

both the Bible and observable evidence of astronomy indicate that the universe began at a single point in time and proceeded from a single point in space. 

Please post this "Observable Evidence" from astronomy?

Please post from Scripture where the Universe "proceeded" from a single point in Space...?

Didn't you say last Friday ( http://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/196256-is-time-infinite/?do=findComment&comment=2361460 )...

post: "the Genesis account understood in a particular way actually lines up perfectly with a "big bang" beginning to the universe. "

Which I then retorted (without response, like 98% of the challenges to your Incoherent Claims) with...

Enoch2021:  oh goodness gracious, in the Cover Your Eyes particular "Way" ??...

Lets See: 

"big bang" --- Naturalistic Cause: singularity, quantum fluctuation, 'nothing' (lol) et al.

GOD'S WORD --- GOD caused it.

"big bang" --- Billions of Years Ago (Can't have "evolution" without it [ it doesn't exist anyway])

GOD'S WORD --- Thousands of Years.

"big bang" --- Stars/Sun before the Earth.

GOD'S WORD --- Earth before the Stars/Sun.

"big bang" --- Earth: Molten Rock First.

GOD'S WORD --- Earth: Water First.

"big bang" --- Fish before Trees.

GOD'S WORD --- Trees before Fish.

"big bang" --- Dinosaurs before Birds.

GOD'S WORD --- Birds before Dinosaurs.

ect, ect.

Yes, "Lines Up Perfectly" :blink:

Can you grace us with the "Official" Scientific 'big bang' Theory...?

regards

aww, it's like a little puppy dog following me around with his toy that he wants to play with :wub:

here you go, sweetums. you can play with this for a while. 
be sure and get back to me with a detailed point-by-point criticism of everything in the paper describing with substantive, justified arguments and examples why everything in here is wrong. you're a smart guy. i believe you can do it. 

On the Interpretation of Red-Shifts: A Quantitative Comparison of Red-Shift Mechanisms

when you're done with that, if you're not too sleepy, please justify yourself by proving for all of us incontrovertibly from the scripture that the universe was not created by the word emanating from God's mouth in a single moment and stretched out henceforth. consider counterarguments and present defenses, give a complete set of references and do not quote anyone else; do your own work. 

cheers!

redshift.jpg

a sample of scripture that references "stretching out" the heavens ((consistent with observational evidence from astronomy that suggests the universe is expanding)) -- more than 2 witnesses!

Thus says God, the Lord, who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and what comes from it, who gives breath to the people on it and spirit to those who walk in it
(Isaiah 42:5) 

I made the earth and created man on it; it was my hands that stretched out the heavens, and I commanded all their host.
(Isaiah 45:12) 

Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, who formed you from the womb: “I am the Lord, who made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself"
(Isaiah 44:24)

to him who spread out the earth above the waters, for his steadfast love endures forever
(Psalm 136:6)

It is he who sits above the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers; who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them like a tent to dwell in
(Isaiah 40:22)

My hand laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand spread out the heavens; when I call to them, they stand forth together.
(Isaiah 48:13)

The burden of the word of the Lord concerning Israel: Thus declares the Lord, who stretched out the heavens and founded the earth and formed the spirit of man within him

(Zechariah 12:1)

It is he who made the earth by his power, who established the world by his wisdom, and by his understanding stretched out the heavens.
(Jeremiah 10:12)

Bless the Lord, O my soul!
O Lord my God, You are very great;
You are clothed with splendor and majesty,
Covering Yourself with light as with a cloak,
Stretching out heaven like a tent curtain.

(Psalm 104:1-2)

He alone stretches out the heavens and treads on the waves of the sea.
(Job 9:8) 

And the likeness of the firmament upon the heads of the living creature was as the colour of the terrible crystal, stretched forth over their heads above.
(Ezekiel 1:22) 

can you join him in spreading out the skies, hard as a mirror of cast bronze?
(Job 37:18)

I, even I, am he who comforts you.

Who are you that you fear mere mortals,

human beings who are but grass,

that you forget the Lord your Maker,

who stretches out the heavens

and who lays the foundations of the earth,

that you live in constant terror every day

because of the wrath of the oppressor,

who is bent on destruction?
(Isaiah 51:12-13)

He made the earth by his power; he founded the world by his wisdom and stretched out the heavens by his understanding.
(Jeremiah 51:15)

et cetera . . .

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

11 minutes ago, post said:

here you go, sweetums. you can play with this for a while. 
be sure and get back to me with a detailed point-by-point criticism of everything in the paper describing with substantive, justified arguments and examples why everything in here is wrong. you're a smart guy. i believe you can do it. 

On the Interpretation of Red-Shifts: A Quantitative Comparison of Red-Shift Mechanisms

redshift.jpg

Ahhh... how is Red-Shift the Scientific big bang Theory??  If I ask you to Validate a Banana do you show this...

CAT_zpsfcoma0g6.jpg   ??

when you're done with that, if you're not too sleepy, please justify yourself by proving for all of us incontrovertibly from the scripture that the universe was not created by the word emanating from God's mouth in a single moment and stretched out henceforth.

1. Straw Man Fallacy; I never said the universe wasn't created by The WORD of GOD.

I asked you to SUPPORT what "you" claimed (post: "... observable evidence of astronomy indicate that the universe began at a single point in time and proceeded from a single point in space.") by answering these...

Please post this "Observable Evidence" from astronomy?

Please post from Scripture where the Universe "proceeded" from a single point in Space...?

2. As a Matter of Fact, I have a Full Presentation Pummeling Red Shift on this very Forum :kaffeetrinker:, Here: http://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/177846-red-shift-death-knell-for-big-bang-starlight-distance/?do=findComment&comment=2088087

When you're done with that gotcha.gif , take a gander @ these ( http://kgov.com/evidence-against-the-big-bang )...  

- Mature galaxies exist where the BB predicts only infant galaxies (like the 13.2Bly-away EGS8p7) 
- An entire universe-worth of missing antimatter contradicts most fundamental BB prediction
- Observations show that spiral galaxies are the missing millions of years of BB predicted collisions
- Clusters of galaxies exist at great distances where the BB predicts they should not exist
- A trillion stars are missing an unimaginably massive quantity of heavy elements, a total of nine billion years worth 
- Galaxy superclusters exist yet the BB predicts that gravity couldn't form them even in the alleged age of the cosmos
- A missing generation of the alleged billions of first stars [Population III Stars] that the failed search has implied simply never existed
- Missing uniform distribution of earth's radioactivity
- Solar system formation theory wrong too
- It is "philosophy", not science, that makes the big-bang claim that the universe has no center
- Amassing evidence suggests the universe may have a center
- Sun is missing nearly 100% of the spin that natural formation would impart
- The beloved supernova chemical evolution story for the formation of heavy elements is now widely rejected
- Missing uniform distribution of solar system isotopes
- Missing billions of years of additional clustering of nearby galaxies
- Surface brightness of the furthest galaxies, against a fundamental BB claim, is identical to that of the nearest galaxies
- Missing shadow of the big bang with the long-predicted "quieter" echo behind nearby galaxy clusters now disproved
- The CMB and other alleged confirmed big bang predictions 
- These "shouldn't exist" – a supermassive black hole, an iron-poor star, and a dusty galaxy – but they do
- Fine tuning  

p.s. It took me all of 10 minutes, 5 minutes was devoted to tightening a pipe under my sink ;)