JohnD

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

The topic may seem a bit deceptive at first. What I am focusing in on is this life. This universe. Which according to the Word of God is essentially a stage set as a proving ground between two opposing eternal destinies. And the things God the Word created and implemented just to make this stage between the two eternal destinies possible are mind blowing. We are familiar with most of them. And we take that familiarity for granted. As though it were a mastery of the incredible design and function of the mechanism that is the universe.

Gravity. What is gravity? Does it radiate? Does it attract? Does it repulse? Does it impulse? Is it magnetic? Electromagnetic? How can it pull a feather to the ground the same way it does a bowling ball or a ton of steal?

What causes gravity?

I apologize for my character flaw here... I have to share what "I believe" gravity is...

Space exerts its own volume. Things in that volume displace space. So space and the things are at a push-of-war against each other. Space being superior it wins in most aspects of the push of war (which in bodies larger than a certain size we experience as gravity around that body). And of course these celestial bodies interact with others creating earh-moon systems solar systems star clusters galactic wings and centers whole galaxies and so on.

We see the same basic principle in water displacement causing buoyancy or aerial displacement causing lift.

Another concept about this stage between the two destinies... perception.

For example, the solids we perceive of as solid consist of atoms so far distant from one another the atoms in our bodies should be able to pass right through them. I mean I realize there are positive and negative charges involved here and there are actual barriers between two "bodies" so to speak. But that quote from Lincoln about life being a persistent illusion really triggered some thoughts in me tonight. Right down to the solid appearing keys of this keyboard... illusion.

Any other mind boggled folks out there?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/30/1968

Interesting idea about gravity. As soon as I read it I thought of Gen. 1:1-3, the "face of the deep" and "waters". I have never completely understood these terms but understood them to be more than just H2O. It also evokes some wonder about "light" emerging.

Gravity waves were just observed for the first time late last year (Laser Interferometer Gravitational-wave Observatory). Maybe that fits too.

Regarding atoms and space, that too is pretty remarkable. 99.99999999% empty space in a hydrogen atom. There is more nothing than something in an atom. I heard someone use the analogy that, if the nucleus were the size of a basketball, the electron would be the size of a tennis ball and it's orbit would be around 10 miles away. That's a whole lot of nothing in between! What could possible cause a tennis ball to remain connected with a basketball that is 10 miles away?

Colossians 1:16-20 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. For it pleased the Father that in him should all fullness dwell; And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

2 hours ago, JohnD said:

.... Another concept about this stage between the two destinies... perception.

For example, the solids we perceive of as solid consist of atoms so far distant from one another the atoms in our bodies should be able to pass right through them. I mean I realize there are positive and negative charges involved here and there are actual barriers between two "bodies" so to speak. But that quote from Lincoln about life being a persistent illusion really triggered some thoughts in me tonight. Right down to the solid appearing keys of this keyboard... illusion.

Yes, so I offer the following from "The Incredible Shrinking man":

"I was continuing to shrink, to become... what? The infinitesimal? ... So close - the infinitesimal and the infinite. But suddenly, I knew they were really the two ends of the same concept. The unbelievably small and the unbelievably vast eventually meet - like the closing of a gigantic circle. I looked up, as if somehow I would grasp the heavens. The universe, worlds beyond number, God's silver tapestry spread across the night. And in that moment, I knew the answer to the riddle of the infinite. I had thought in terms of man's own limited dimension. I had presumed upon nature. That existence begins and ends in man's conception, not nature's. And I felt my body dwindling, melting, becoming nothing. My fears melted away. And in their place came acceptance. All this vast majesty of creation, it had to mean something. And then I meant something, too. Yes, smaller than the smallest, I meant something, too. To God, there is no zero. I still exist!"

4 hours ago, OldSchool2 said:

Yes, so I offer the following from "The Incredible Shrinking man":

"I was continuing to shrink, to become... what? The infinitesimal? ... So close - the infinitesimal and the infinite. But suddenly, I knew they were really the two ends of the same concept. The unbelievably small and the unbelievably vast eventually meet - like the closing of a gigantic circle. I looked up, as if somehow I would grasp the heavens. The universe, worlds beyond number, God's silver tapestry spread across the night. And in that moment, I knew the answer to the riddle of the infinite. I had thought in terms of man's own limited dimension. I had presumed upon nature. That existence begins and ends in man's conception, not nature's. And I felt my body dwindling, melting, becoming nothing. My fears melted away. And in their place came acceptance. All this vast majesty of creation, it had to mean something. And then I meant something, too. Yes, smaller than the smallest, I meant something, too. To God, there is no zero. I still exist!"

Well said.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.91
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

6 hours ago, JohnD said:

What causes gravity?

I apologize for my character flaw here... I have to share what "I believe" gravity is...

Space exerts its own volume. Things in that volume displace space. So space and the things are at a push-of-war against each other. Space being superior it wins in most aspects of the push of war (which in bodies larger than a certain size we experience as gravity around that body). And of course these celestial bodies interact with others creating earh-moon systems solar systems star clusters galactic wings and centers whole galaxies and so on.

Hello, Question:  You made The Title "Time and Eternity" and your OP is basically about Gravity.

I'm not seeing the connection.

But that quote from Lincoln about life being a persistent illusion really triggered some thoughts in me tonight. Right down to the solid appearing keys of this keyboard... illusion.

That is hilarious.  Abraham Lincoln said no such thing...

"Reality is merely an Illusion albeit a very persistent one" --- Albert Einstein 

"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Saying that a tail is a leg doesn't make it a leg." --- Abraham Lincoln

https://books.google.com/books?id=WYIA-pEQTCAC&pg=PA236&lpg=PA236&dq=abraham+lincoln+reality+is+merely+an+illusion&source=bl&ots=zDQ_PN5QbS&sig=gDKntQGa3PwTv3e7Hb8EKVjjJ98&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiCp4nGpL7MAhXInYMKHTtJDa4Q6AEIHDAA#v=onepage&q=abraham lincoln reality is merely an illusion&f=false

regards

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

I have often wondered about this question actually two questions. I mean no disrespect and have no answer. I am hoping some one can give some understanding to it.

Rev 1:14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

Q1 is this a description of God?

Q2 white as snow; brings to mind old age; Im under the impression God does not age

thanks

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

15 hours ago, JohnD said:

i love you!  :emot-heartbeat:

and yes -- it amazes me every time the realization hits, that everything we call "solid" is 99.999999% empty space. all those treasures stored up on earth -- composed of nothing! all those things we worry over and stress about -- nothing! 

and it boggles even further still, to think that i am little more than nothing myself, but God stepped down to offer me treasures in heaven. heaven! to know Him! 

13jqa7.jpg

Capture.JPG

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

8 hours ago, coheir said:

I have often wondered about this question actually two questions. I mean no disrespect and have no answer. I am hoping some one can give some understanding to it.

Rev 1:14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

Q1 is this a description of God?

Q2 white as snow; brings to mind old age; Im under the impression God does not age

thanks

also here -- 

As I looked, thrones were set in place, and the Ancient of Days took his seat. His clothing was as white as snow; the hair of his head was white like wool. His throne was flaming with fire, and its wheels were all ablaze.
(Daniel 7:9) 

white is also symbolizing purity & holiness, like here --

"Come now, let us settle the matter," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool."

(Isaiah 1:18) 

Um, thanks.

The Lincoln quote... misquote... it was the quote that got me thinking obviously not the source of it or I would have investigated it. So I hope those who would try to make an issue of my misquote will allow the subject matter to prevail and find a lesser thread to persecute me further. Thanks in advance.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

What is gravity?  

Consider that God said that the man of God should have his family in subjection with all gravity.

That Jesus said that if he were lifted up he would draw all men unto himself.

Gravity comes from grave and grave is a separation from gre which means victory, therefore I declare that gravity deals with the laws of attraction within a specific realm.  For this cause those who are of the earth, sensual and devilish, are brought down to hell while those who have their treasures in heaven are lifted up.  

Gravity depicts mass and attraction.

That was me having fun with it.  Thanks for putting up with me!

And of course my name is DeMoss which is close to DeMass or demassification, therefore my job is to help you get out of the gravitational pull of the massive government that is sucking in all the masses and place you under the loving care of the Great God in Heaven who loves you!

Good day :)