IGNORED

What is the "Scientific Theory" of evolution...?

Enoch2021

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.91
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

We are told that 'evolution' is the most validated 'theory' in the history of science for ever and ever and ever.  Ok, well.... can somebody simply post it then:

The Scientific Theory of evolution...?  Voila  (Tip: A Reference/Citation is probably appropriate in this case, since this is " Science ", Right ?)

Thanks  thumbsup.gif

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

((in case you want to argue about it)) 

howstuffworks.com | contact us

you're welcome!   :) 

9 hours ago, post said:

http://science.howstuffworks.com | how evolution works

((in case you want to argue about it)) 

howstuffworks.com | contact us

you're welcome!   :) 

I didn't ask for "LINKS",  I queried for The "Scientific Theory" of evolution (with appropriate citation).

ProTIP: On actual Science Forums, just posting a "Link" and saying "SEE" is a Banning Offense --- it stretches credulity well past it's breaking point.

regards

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Enoch

It is impossible to prove that the theory of evolution is absolutely true. The theory maintains that plant evolution, animal evolution and the major geological changes to the earth unfolded over billions of years. Thus, the full theory cannot be demonstrated in the laboratory. Processes like the rise of mountains and erosion are simply too slow to be observed during one person's lifetime. Elements of the theory (e.g. species evolution of fruit flies in the laboratory and of Tilapia fish in East African lakes) have been observed. But nobody was on hand to observe what the world and its life forms looked like hundreds of millions of years ago.

However, sufficient evidence exists in support of evolution to convince 99.85% of America's earth and life scientists that the theory is valid. Evolution is the key unifying theory that unifies many different branches of science, from cosmology to biology.                             B.A.Robinson

I don't understand how to "show" or post the validity of a "Theory" that is moot,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, With love-in Christ,Kwik

I suppose the above quote tells me I am not in the 99.85% of Americans?

6 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Enoch

I don't understand how to "show" or post the validity of a "Theory" that is moot,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, With love-in Christ,Kwik

I suppose the above quote tells me I am not in the 99.85% of Americans?

Hey kwik.

From your Quote above...

"It is impossible to prove that the theory of evolution is absolutely true. The theory maintains...."

1.  "theory of evolution", what 'theory'??  noidea.gif

2.  "The theory maintains", :rolleyes: See what I mean??

Let this marinate for a moment, from your quote above...

"It is impossible to prove that the theory of evolution is absolutely true."  

If it's impossible to prove, then....How is it a Scientific Theory to begin with :blink: since Scientific Theories are Validated/Confirmed Hypotheses??  ...

A Scientific Theory summarizes a hypothesis or group of hypotheses that have been supported with repeated testing. {Emphasis Mine} 
http://chemistry.about.com/od/chemistry101/a/lawtheory.htm

A Scientific Theory consists of one or more hypotheses that have been supported with repeated testing. {Emphasis Mine} 
http://www.fromquarkstoquasars.com/hypothesis-theory-or-law/

A Scientific Theory represents an hypothesis, or a group of related hypotheses, which has been CONFIRMED through REPEATED EXPERIMENTAL TESTS. {Emphasis Mine} 
http://teacher.nsrl.rochester.edu/phy_labs/appendixe/appendixe.html

p.s. 'cosmology' isn't Science either...

“Cosmology may look like a science, but it isn’t a science. A basic tenet of science is that you can do repeatable experiments, and you can’t do that in cosmology.” 
Gunn, J., cited in: Cho, Adrian, A singular conundrum: How odd is our universe? Science 3171848–1850, 2007.

regards

10 hours ago, post said:

This is from your "Link"...

"Billions of years ago, according to the theory of evolution, chemicals randomly organized themselves into a self-replicating molecule."

1.  'theory of evolution', what's that?

2.  "Billions of Years ago" -- Begging The Question (Fallacy) unless they can provide their Time Machine (Make/Model/Serial#)...?

3.  "...chemicals randomly organized themselves into a self-replicating molecule".   :laugh_point:  Really, Start here...

1. Functional DNA/RNA/Proteins NEVER spontaneously form "naturally", outside already existing cells, from Sugars, Bases, Phosphates, and Aminos, respectively.
It's Physically and Chemically IMPOSSIBLE.  <---- One of which is a 2nd Law of Thermodynamics Violation.
That's just the Hardware!

To refute, Please show a Functional 30 mer- RNA or Protein (most are 250 AA or larger) that formed spontaneously "Outside" a Cell/Living Organism, CITE SOURCE! The smallest "Functional" DNA (Genome) is a little over 100,000 Nucleotides... so that ain't happenin !

Conclusion from the Grand Poobah's of OOL Research...

"We conclude that the direct synthesis of the nucleosides or nucleotides from prebiotic precursors in reasonable yield and unaccompanied by larger amounts of related molecules could not be achieved by presently known chemical reactions."
Gerald F. Joyce, and Leslie E. Orgel, "Prospects for Understanding the Origin of the RNA World," p. 18 The RNA World, R.F. Gesteland and J.F. Atkins, eds. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 1993.

Then the WOOLLY Mammoth in the Room... 

2. How Did Stupid Atoms Write Their Own Software....? In other words, show how Ink/Paper/Glue Molecules can Author Technical Instruction Manuals/Blueprints...? 

Go ahead...?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Hey Enoch

That is absolutely true & correct,I had quite a problem with one of my professors(way back when)& that became quite an issue,,,,,,,The is NO CONFIRMING any hypothesis,,,,there is nothing to SUPPORT and there is nothing to TEST,,,let alone REPEATED Testing?????? And I agree that cosmology is NOT "Science",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it is moot!!!!!

At first I thought"What?!!! Enoch wants to talk about the "THEORY...?"   LOL,glad to see you're point is the same as what I thought is was ,,,,,,,Evolution is indeed "Science",,,,,,lol"Science Fiction",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,imo

And yes,it is my opinion to those who hate opinions!!!! The Burden of proof is not on me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,                  Love your Sis

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

There is no truth in the theory of evolution and it is about as scientific as reading tea-leaves. It does not follow the scientific method as it cannot be tested, observed or duplicated. It has very little bearing on reality and is actually holding back scientific progress.

We would have made more valid scientific discoveries if we had rejected the bogus theory of evolution a long time ago. People who believe that evolution is scientific or factual have been brainwashed by a core elite of pseudo-scientists who despise God.

5 hours ago, OakWood said:

There is no truth in the theory of evolution and it is about as scientific as reading tea-leaves. It does not follow the scientific method as it cannot be tested, observed or duplicated. It has very little bearing on reality and is actually holding back scientific progress.

We would have made more valid scientific discoveries if we had rejected the bogus theory of evolution a long time ago. People who believe that evolution is scientific or factual have been brainwashed by a core elite of pseudo-scientists who despise God.

I'd say, "That's a Wrap"  thumbsup.gif