purplestars

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

OK - I am confused - we die and go to heaven hopefully to be with Jesus, and then He returns to earth at some point and establishes a new heaven and a new earth.

So what does that mean? If you died? You go back to earth? You stay in heaven?

I'm confused. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

Hello Purplestars!! welcome~~~~~~~~If you have trusted Jesus as your savior when you die you will go to heaven to be with him--- a period of time passes and all prophecies are fuilled and Jesus returns and will recreate a new sinless heaven and earth where we will abide with him eternally-- he has to do that because present creation has been contaminated by sin and would be unsuitable for our eternal life

Edited by woundeddog
forgot to say hello

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, purplestars said:

OK - I am confused - we die and go to heaven hopefully to be with Jesus, and then He returns to earth at some point and establishes a new heaven and a new earth.

I'm confused. 

Wlcome Purplestar, I'm glad to joined Worthy to fellowship with other Christians. :)

2 Tim 2:12 11This is a trustworthy saying: If we died with Him, we will also live with Him; 12if we endure,we will also reign with Him; if we deny Him, He will also deny us; 13if we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself.…

Question: "What are the New Heavens and the New Earth?"

Answer: 
Many people have a misconception of what heaven is truly like. Revelation chapters 21-22 gives us a detailed picture of the new heavens and the new earth. After the events of the end times, the current heavens and earth will be done away with and replaced by the new heavens and new earth. The eternal dwelling place of believers will be the new earth. The new earth is the “heaven” on which we will spend eternity. It is the new earth where the New Jerusalem, the heavenly city, will be located. It is on the new earth that the pearly gates and streets of gold will be.

Heaven—the new earth—is a physical place where we will dwell with glorified physical bodies (1 Corinthians 15:35-58). The concept that heaven is “in the clouds” is unbiblical. The concept that we will be “spirits floating around in heaven” is also unbiblical. The heaven that believers will experience will be a new and perfect planet on which we will dwell. The new earth will be free from sin, evil, sickness, suffering, and death. It will likely be similar to our current earth, or perhaps even a re-creation of our current earth, but without the curse of sin.

What about the new heavens? It is important to remember that in the ancient mind, “heavens” referred to the skies and outer space, as well as the realm in which God dwells. So, when Revelation 21:1 refers to the new heavens, it is likely indicating that the entire universe will be created—a new earth, new skies, a new outer space. It seems as if God's heaven will be recreated as well, to give everything in the universe a “fresh start,” whether physical or spiritual. Will we have access to the new heavens in eternity? Possibly, but we will have to wait to find out. May we all allow God’s Word to shape our understanding of heaven.

http://www.gotquestions.org/new-heavens-earth.html

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

ok thanks angels that's a great response appreciated

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Purplestars, this area is for people seeking to know about Christianity/Jesus, basically it is a place for the Gospel to be communicated. We have areas for specific topics, but this question is significantly close to the purpose of the seekers lounge, that I will provide an answer, or at least a resource, pretty decent explanation here:

http://www.gotquestions.org/what-happens-death.html

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

8 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Purplestars, this area is for people seeking to know about Christianity/Jesus, basically it is a place for the Gospel to be communicated. We have areas for specific topics, but this question is significantly close to the purpose of the seekers lounge, that I will provide an answer, or at least a resource, pretty decent explanation here:

http://www.gotquestions.org/what-happens-death.html

:)  Just wanted to answer her question :) 

Thanks for moving the topic to Q/A:D

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

20 hours ago, purplestars said:

The eternal home of those who are children of God and a part of the Church (redeemed Jews and Gentiles in one Body) is the New Jerusalem (which is presently in Heaven).  So even though Christ establishes His eternal Kingdom on earth, and even though we live and reign with Him, our eternal home is always in Heaven.  We have not been provided with every detail, just the broad outlines.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

22 hours ago, purplestars said:

I'm confused. 

Hi purplestars, you made a statement, "we die and go to Heaven hopefully to be with Jesus."  Do you know that you are going to Heaven?  Are you a born again believer in Jesus?  Jesus is the only way you will go to Heaven.  Jesus said, "I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father but through Me"  Have you made Jesus the Lord and Savior of your life?  If you are unsure we would be so happy to share how you can be sure that you will go to Heaven and be with Jesus.  

Blessings RustyAngeL

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

First it is the rapture of the Church.Only true born again believers will go to heaven in this rapture. Then the Earth will go through seven years of God's Wrath.Those who are not believers will not go in the rapture and will remain on the earth for the seven year tribulation. There will be many who will come to Christ during this seven year tribulation. They are the Tribulation Saints. After the seven year tribulation everything on the earth will be destroyed. God will then make a new heaven and a new earth.This will be the 1000 year millennium. A very small amount of believers will survive the seven year tribulation and enter the 1000 year millennium. Most of them have been killed. 

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

Rev 20 occurs at the end of the Great Tribulation.

Rev 20:1 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; and he threw him into the abyss, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he would not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were completed; after these things he must be released for a short time

Satan is on earth during the great tribulation, but then is bound for a thousand years so as not to deceive the nations. Once the thousand years are complete, Satan is released and is judged and caste into the firey pit. All who survived the great tribulation and those who have died without believing in Jesus are resurrected and judged and caste into the firey pit with Satan and the devils. 

Rev 20:7 When the thousand years are completed, Satan will be released from his prison, and will come out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together for the war; the number of them is like the sand of the seashore. And they came up on the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city, and fire came down from heaven and devoured them. 10 And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them. 12 And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. 15 And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

After that judgement, only believers live on the New Heaven and New Earth.

Rev 21:1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them, and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.”