spiderman1917

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  2

"... Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown." (Jonah 3:4)

The prophecy did not take place because the people amended their ways.

The prophet Isaiah came to him and advised Hezekia, “Set your house in order, for you shall die, and not live” (2 Kings 20:1).    He wept, repented, and pleaded to God.  God healed him and he lived another 15 years.

It is possible for a person to get God to change His mind:

Exodus 32:

7And the Lord said unto Moses, Go, get thee down; for thy people, which thou broughtest out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves:

..... I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people:

10Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation.
11And Moses besought the Lord his God, and said, Lord, why doth thy wrath wax hot against thy people, which thou hast brought forth out of the land of Egypt with great power, and with a mighty hand?footnote.png
12Wherefore should the Egyptians speak, and say, For mischief did he bring them out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth? Turn from thy fierce wrath, and repent of this evil against thy people.
13Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever.

14And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

So, Moses acted like an attorney before the judge and presented multiple reasons why he should reconsider, be lenient, and simply change His mind.  And He did :)

Another interesting point is the wedding of Ca,na.  Jesus didn't want to work His first miracle there as He said his time had not come, neither was he concerned that people were running out of wine.  He reluctantly supplied more wine because His mother asked him to.  So, God seems to be encouraging us to try to get him, through prayer, to do what He doesn't intend to do or what He doesn't even want to do.

The Parable of the Persistent Widow

18 Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. 2 He said: “In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared what people thought. 3 And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, ‘Grant me justice against my adversary.’

4 “For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, ‘Even though I don’t fear God or care what people think, 5 yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won’t eventually come and attack me!’”

6 And the Lord said, “Listen to what the unjust judge says. 7 And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off?"

The interesting thing is, the judge in the parable did not fear God or care about people.  He did so reluctantly because the woman was bothering him and he even began to feel threatened by her. 

What are your thoughts?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

What's your thought of this?

Yes I think it can be altered 

17 minutes ago, spiderman1917 said:

Yes I think it can be altered 

Why do you say you think it can be altered?

5 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Why do you say you think it can be altered?

Because prophecies spoken by holy prophets sometimes never took place as a result of the prayers and repentance of the people involved .

Also,  in multiple places in Scripture ,  God's annointed Got him to do what he did not want to do, intend to  do,  or even change his mind. 

11 minutes ago, spiderman1917 said:

Because prophecies spoken by holy prophets sometimes never took place as a result of the prayers and repentance of the people involved .

Also,  in multiple places in Scripture ,  God's annointed Got him to do what he did not want to do, intend to  do,  or even change his mind. 

There  you go, you answered your own question!

New International Version
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
2  Chronicles 7:14

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

A prophecy could be altered by God.......not by man. 

5 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

A prophecy could be altered by God.......not by man. 

that is what he is saying :)

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 5/8/2016 at 2:15 PM, spiderman1917 said:

"... Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown." (Jonah 3:4)

The prophecy did not take place because the people amended their ways.

The prophet Isaiah came to him and advised Hezekia, “Set your house in order, for you shall die, and not live” (2 Kings 20:1).    He wept, repented, and pleaded to God.  God healed him and he lived another 15 years.

It is possible for a person to get God to change His mind:

Exodus 32:

7And the Lord said unto Moses, Go, get thee down; for thy people, which thou broughtest out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves:

..... I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people:

10Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation.
11And Moses besought the Lord his God, and said, Lord, why doth thy wrath wax hot against thy people, which thou hast brought forth out of the land of Egypt with great power, and with a mighty hand?footnote.png
12Wherefore should the Egyptians speak, and say, For mischief did he bring them out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth? Turn from thy fierce wrath, and repent of this evil against thy people.
13Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever.

14And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

So, Moses acted like an attorney before the judge and presented multiple reasons why he should reconsider, be lenient, and simply change His mind.  And He did :)

Another interesting point is the wedding of Ca,na.  Jesus didn't want to work His first miracle there as He said his time had not come, neither was he concerned that people were running out of wine.  He reluctantly supplied more wine because His mother asked him to.  So, God seems to be encouraging us to try to get him, through prayer, to do what He doesn't intend to do or what He doesn't even want to do.

The Parable of the Persistent Widow

18 Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. 2 He said: “In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared what people thought. 3 And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, ‘Grant me justice against my adversary.’

4 “For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, ‘Even though I don’t fear God or care what people think, 5 yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won’t eventually come and attack me!’”

6 And the Lord said, “Listen to what the unjust judge says. 7 And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off?"

The interesting thing is, the judge in the parable did not fear God or care about people.  He did so reluctantly because the woman was bothering him and he even began to feel threatened by her. 

What are your thoughts?

OK let me say this, Prophecy, could be altered by man, such as in the case of Jonah where God said if Nineveh repented  would not destroy them. They repented that is why Jonah was so angry because he felt that God was not keeping His Word.  However two years later Nineveh returned to their old ways and God so completely destroyed that city that they are not even sure where it stood. God always keeps His Word.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

12 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

Think about it.  If prophesy can be altered or changed what else can?  No the simple answer is no.

This is correct.  We need to distinguish between prophecy and God's intentions pertaining to an individual or group. For example, God was so angry with the idolatry of the children of Israel in the wilderness that He would have literally wiped them out (Exodus 32).  But Moses interceded for them, and God allowed them to remain.

On the other hand, if God has told us that one day this entire globe will be burned up (2 Pet 3:7-12), then we can be sure that that will come to pass.  That is a part of God's plans and purposes for the earth and the universe.