• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,027
  • Content Per Day:  16.64
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Ezra said:

Yes, we should always distinguish between the victimizers and the victims (and this applies to all false religions, whether RCC, Mormonism, Judaism, Islam, etc.).  

The clergy, the hierarchy, and the system are the victimizers since they promote lies to keep their adherents in bondage.  The adherents are the victims, and many are willing victims (almost like the Stockholm Syndrome).  

But all men have a responsibility to search for the truth, and study the Scriptures (without reference to what their religion teaches). 

I agree with you completely.

Regarding the Roman Catholic Church, many of its doctrines are designed to enrich the RCC coffers, not take spiritual care of its parishioners.  They've invented concepts like purgatory, indulgences, etc., not because it's in the Bible, but it's needed to enrich the RCC.  Roman Catholics who understand the Bible and understand God's grace and plan for salvation, they are the victims and we would be irresponsible not to reach out to them with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Guest BacKaran

Ezra

I agree ....

But all men have a responsibility to search for the truth, and study the Scriptures (without reference to what their religion teaches) unquote....

It's that searching that led me to be born again in Christ and I was compelled to leave the rcc.

I recall a conversation from elementary or JR high school where I heard the difference between what the Baptist girl believed, the Lutheran girl and me  the Roman Catholic. I came away from that conversation thinking, gee, i have it easy. I don't need to read the bible cuz the priest tells us everything, I don't need bible studies cuz no one has their own bible in the rcc, and I get confession once a week so I must be holier than", them".

Years later I pondered my childish thoughts and realized I was full of pride and very arrogant. If only I had followed the Lutheran or the Baptist, I would have saved myself some pain. But, it's that pain in the growing process that led me to His true Gospel!

I was on Facebook for a while and I admitted that I born again. The Baptist girl called me some 30+ years after Jr high and high school to congratulate me on getting right with God! She said , you,? Born again? Who would thunk it? 

I said I know!! Gods Patience is great!

She mentioned her and five other close friends of my younger sister witnessed to her all through jr high and sr high but my sister kept their to the rcc motto, I've got my religion, you got yours, I'm fine...

One will not learn of the evil of man's made religions unless they seek outside sources from that religion and many do not want to do that, it's out if their comfort zone.

Great discussion, thanks all! ?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 11/4/2016 at 4:09 PM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Fox News: Medieval Sin Washing Well Unearthed

This is the kind of superstition in the Roman Catholic Church....
that I find most disturbing....

It's considered both a blessing....
and a curse....

:mgdetective:

Nevertheless

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. 1 John 1:8-10

There Is

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Hope

And I said, My strength and my hope is perished from the LORD: Remembering mine affliction and my misery, the wormwood and the gall. My soul hath them still in remembrance, and is humbled in me.

This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. Lamentations 3:18-23

:emot-heartbeat:

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  480
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Salvation, ie eternal life in God's eternal kingdom is provided by God's grace in forgiveness of our sins, and our repentance, (turning away from sin)...as Jesus said in Matthe 19.17 "to enter into life keep the commandments, and He identifies the ten commandments.   As Jesus told the woman caught in adultery "your sins are forgiven thee, go and sin no more. (repent) John 8.11

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 4:32 AM, heretoeternity said:

Salvation, ie eternal life in God's eternal kingdom is provided by God's grace in forgiveness of our sins, and our repentance, (turning away from sin)...as Jesus said in Matthe 19.17 "to enter into life keep the commandments, and He identifies the ten commandments.   As Jesus told the woman caught in adultery "your sins are forgiven thee, go and sin no more. (repent) John 8.11

Don't forget, you cannot please God without faith.  You can repent of your sins but if you do not have God's saving grace though faith in Jesus, you are not saved.  Jesus is the sacrifice required for our salvation.  It is a free gift (grace) from God that we should always be mindful of.

6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with Him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, 7 in order that in the coming ages He might display the surpassing riches of His grace, demonstrated by His kindness to us in Christ Jesus. 8 For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.…  [Ephesians 2:6-9, Berean Study Bible]

• 7 months later...

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

There are radical Christians who hated sins since they baptized with water. The leader follow Christ as he rebuke those members, teach as well as correcting. They are hardline as Jesus taught him to do so. But then leaders and members were called cults when those members are the same ways to non christians ways. Sinful nature lives with them and proudly says they are Christian. Those are cults.

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 7:20 AM, Lostlamb1978 said:

There are radical Christians who hated sins since they baptized with water. The leader follow Christ as he rebuke those members, teach as well as correcting. They are hardline as Jesus taught him to do so. But then leaders and members were called cults when those members are the same ways to non christians ways. Sinful nature lives with them and proudly says they are Christian. Those are cults.

I'm not sure I understand what you are talking about.

You talk like your in good hands your judgemental. You judge other as if your in true path..... 

I see all upvoted

2 hours ago, Lostlamb1978 said:

You talk like your in good hands your judgemental. You judge other as if your in true path..... 

Just as you judge me.