• Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,083
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

bumpo

• Thanks 1

Chrislam

First, let me point to a website that attempts to define what Chrislam is: Chrislam

Secondary Source: More About Chrislam

As we approach the second coming of our Lord Jesus for his bride, we begin to see the deceptive devices and inner workings of Satan the prince of lies and his hoard of demons, in a very invasive way. Prophetically we know that the coming world leader, better known as "The Anti-Christ" or "the beast", will come in timely fashion to inherit the already man-established system of the One World Order. An intricate part of this system will be the establishment of a "One World Religion" which will be birthed under a false desire for unity, peace and inclusion of all faiths. These, of course, are the workings of the enemy of the soul, Satan himself. Two decades in the making and now quickly taking notice at the forefront and backed by many well-known apostate church leaders and pastors is "Chrislam". Chrislam is the attempt to intermingle Christian and Islamic principles in efforts to find common ground in what is arguably the two most contradictory faiths in the world. We see scripture materialize before our very eyes in passages such as 2 Timothy 4:3 "For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear."

"The coming of the lawless one will be accompanied by the power of Satan. He will use every kind of power, including miraculous signs, lying wonders, He will use every kind of evil deception to fool those on their way to destruction, because they refuse to love and accept the truth that would save them." 2 Thessalonians 2:9-10

So how did this error enter the true Church and who is responsible?  Answering Muslims is NOT to meet them halfway, rewriting Christian doctrine to invent Chrislam to meet them in the middle.  I do not believe Pastor Rick Warren is doing the Christian faith right by watering down Christianity in the form of Chrislam to make it more palatable.

Edited by Saved.One.by.Grace
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,083
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

ok

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  227
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

I wonder if John also does not some up a "cult" leader for us when he describes Diotrephes' church managerial style, stating  " 9.I wrote to the church, but Diotrephes,who loves to be first,will have nothing to do with us.10.So if I come ,I will call attention to what he is doing,gossiping maliciously about us.Not satisfied with that,he refuses to welcome the brothers.He also stops those who want to do so and puts them out of the church."(N.I.V. 3 Jn 9-10).Bob Utley calls Diotrephes the "first Church Boss" in his commentary on this matter "This man is the first recorded "power-broker" or "church boss." We do not know if he was the pastor or simply a significant layman. However, this does show his motives. This kind of egotistical individual has been present in the church in every age! Whether he was also a Gnostic is uncertain and unstated, but possible."(Utley.You Can Understand The Bible.ibiblio.org)

So it follows that many mainstream  Christian Institutions which do not follow Christ's instructions pertaining to leadership where "25...rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them26. Not so with you..."(Mt.20:25-26) would possibly also place themselves within the definition of a "Cult".I say this if one considers the characteristics of a cult leader as explained in the above discussion according to my understanding ,which no doubt stands to be corrected.

Thank you for sharing these truths with us as a true shepherd would? 

Edited by Hands On
extra sentence

• 3 weeks later...

1 hour ago, Tampered With said:

I interpret theses verses as the first ones that record an instance where someone in power within a local "church" is putting his "personal interpretation/tradition" above what an apostle of Christ is trying to teach his congregation and is apparently allowed to get away with it by that church's leadership. 

Of course it would be a very fine line which would distinguish the difference between the two institutions.One would have to be cautious  in simply branding a main stream church as a cult. Personal issues such as jealousy may be involved, as it usually is with politics. Each trying to be first,as John puts it. 

55 minutes ago, Tampered With said:

I am not talking about a cult here but I am saying just like the the Jewish Scribes, Pharisees, and Sadducees during Jesus time some men in various church denominations have in my view elevated their oral and/or written traditions to equal or above status to the written word of G_d (as they have made null or void that Word of G_d in some areas).   

So true!Nothing really changes when it boils down to the Nature of Man.