• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

24 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Angels,,,,,

I just refuse to give specific personal info on the computer,I wont even give Google my address to use "google maps" so that ought to tell you my computer habits,,,,,,whether it is a "secured" website or not I will not pay for anything on -line,,,,,,,.when anything personal is required for "access" I simply don't feel the necessity ,I can go to another site for the same information I seek,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

When I make purchases if the company does not accept a money order or check(bank check usually) they don't get my business,,,,,,,,,simple as that,,,    It's funny because there are many things only available by on'line purchase    eg:home depot,lowe's,wal-mart etc,,,,    I get in the car,go to the store & order it through them,pay cash & have it sent to the store location,,,,,,,all they need is a first name "Ms K",,,,,,,,lol                                   Love<Kwik                             

I only started using it about a month ago when I needed something I can't buy in the store :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

On 5/14/2016 at 2:10 AM, Cletus said:

I just bought an air compressor and a hose and some fittings for 130.00   At hardware store it was 211.00

I bought several knives over the years on there thats been a lot of savings.  from maybe 20 bucks to as much as 60-80. 

I also buy protein supplements off amazon and save big.  Got to buy bulk though.  3 month supply.

I shop for everything, and will even wait for something to go on clearance before I buy stuff.  i almost never pay full price for stuff. 

Some websites even have 15 or 20 percent off codes. 

I also find that buying car parts is cheaper online... partsgeek, rockauto,   etc.  Call parts stores ask for part and brand and search online.  Sometimes the parts stores have the same price as online but most the time its lower online.  And you can get the better made parts companies.  I put 2 front hub assemblies on my dodge diesel.  every part store for the good parts was 360ish a piece.  online for 220 apiece.  free shipping.  Timmken hubs  :)

I do the same, I wait for clearance and no shipping cost :)

Were you ever unhappy wth anything you ordered?

On 5/13/2016 at 0:40 AM, other one said:

i buy most things I can from Amazon.   we do have prime, but that's for movies more than free shipping.

Groceries from Amazon do not come with free shipping though....    I have not shopped for groceries yet, but I have considered checking it out.

My son lives in Arlington Texas and he gets 30 minute delivery most days for the things that are in their warehouse....    i think it's guaranteed 2 hour, but often it's really quick.  

I heard that prime is not really good for use in Canada unless you have an account in the States?

Do you watch more  on Prime then Netflix or Youtube?

I doubt if groceries would be a better price,would be interested to find out~~

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

I do understand that Angels,I just won't do it myself & my husband it the total opposite,he buys EVERYTHING on-line(except groceries,,,,even that he tried to persuade me) ,,,at least I finally convinced him to get a separate account(bank) for on-line purchases only,,,,,,,,it helps me to be more at ease that way vs. giving our banking info(debit cards) to every Moe,Larry & Curly and whoever else it spying on,,,,,,,,,ugggh                                    Love,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

The retail stores are suffering because so many people buy things on line today.

Hey Peeps,,,,

Don't you think because of the additional sales via internet that the majority retail stores have increased their profit margin tremendously,perhaps mom & pop store are gett ing knocked out of the ball park & cannot compete but I would think it is easy enough & financially feasable (even for the little guy) to market their goods "on-line",,,,,,? I don't know really,just seems logical to me?              Love,Kwik

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Content Count:  56,088
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, angels4u said:

I heard that prime is not really good for use in Canada unless you have an account in the States?

Do you watch more  on Prime then Netflix or Youtube?

I doubt if groceries would be a better price,would be interested to find out~~

Yes I do watch more in prime than Netflix and we do have both....   my wife goined Netflix and I joined Amazon prime..

I know that I can't loan any of my kindel library to anyone outside the US and that's been a let down in the past.

as for the food, I have really not looked into that yet other than checking on the shipping.....   they seem to charge by the box and as you order things the computer tells you how much you have in the box by percent.  Some day I may check on what things cost at Walmart and check thier prices.....   as it stands when we go to the grocery store we basically just get what we want....   I worked almost sixty years for us to be able to do that.

Blessings other one,,,,,

Funny you mentioned WalMart,,,,,,,,,,,,there are a couple of fruit snacks & candies I like from WalMart that is only sold on-line & my husband checked everywhere to compare prices ,WalMart was by far the lowest plus "free shipping" for a very low minimum order

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,236
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon because I find it difficult to shop these days.  I always compare prices etc in stores, which kills my back to stand any time or stand in a shopping line.  Electric shopping carts are not always available.  But we have limited selection of many items in some stores now that there is online competition, so I am forced to buy online.   I do shop Amazon and save several small items till I hit the free shipping mark;  Walmart is the other place I sometimes check;  ChristianBook often has good prices in spite of shipping costs.  I found a leather bound bible there for $15.  A lot of stores are pretty inaccessible for handicapped people.  Even our JC Penny makes their isles too narrow for a standard wheelchair and doesn't provide electric shopping carts.  Air fresheners in restrooms or a perfume counter give me severe asthma.  But I prefer to support local businesses when possible.

51 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings other one,,,,,

Funny you mentioned WalMart,,,,,,,,,,,,there are a couple of fruit snacks & candies I like from WalMart that is only sold on-line & my husband checked everywhere to compare prices ,WalMart was by far the lowest plus "free shipping" for a very low minimum order

I never ordered from Walmart,are talking trader Joe nuts? The bulk nuts from Wallmark are the cheapest as far as I know...or bulk barn with a  coupon.