• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

On 7/2/2016 at 10:14 PM, CaringBrit said:

i use Amazon 

it does depending what you need i cant afford prime though so most things i buy have the delivery charge however it does save me money in the sense of the item i buy of amazon would cost me more to have it delivered by needing to buy lots of groceries just to meet the delivery requirement

i search around to get the best deals 

I search for the deals too Brit,it does make a differents where you buy and how much the shipping is, didn't I read that you have an Aldi where you live? I used to shop there in the Netherlands, it's a great store :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,145
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/24/1993

1 hour ago, angels4u said:

I search for the deals too Brit,it does make a differents where you buy and how much the shipping is, didn't I read that you have an Aldi where you live? I used to shop there in the Netherlands, it's a great store :)

Yes we have an Aldi and Lidl here

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

16 hours ago, CaringBrit said:

Yes we have an Aldi and Lidl here

I know the Aldi store but not the Lidl,are they alike?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,145
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/24/1993

2 hours ago, angels4u said:

I know the Aldi store but not the Lidl,are they like?

yes 

the only thing i get from Amazon is my dogs big bag of food

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,088
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 minutes ago, CaringBrit said:

yes 

the only thing i get from Amazon is my dogs big bag of food

that's about the only thing we don't get   (no pets).

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

On 7/6/2016 at 10:26 PM, other one said:

that's about the only thing we don't get   (no pets).

I am with you, I even got oak wood chips delivered today because I could not find oak in any local stores.  I have a lovey brisket just waiting to be smoked and now I can do it

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

On 5/12/2016 at 9:46 AM, angels4u said:

I'm just curious,how many people use Amazon?

And do you find it saves money?

What do you do to get the best deals?

How smart of a shopper are you?

I use it. Amazon Prime has a monthly option now, so you can do that if you can't afford the $100 at once - but it is cheaper than paying monthly. I had to do brakes ($$) on the car when the Prime renewal came up this year, so I'm doing the monthly until the finances settle out. Prime will save you money especially if you buy a lot of stuff over the course of a year because those shipping charges can add up in a hurry. I did when I was stuck on mass transit for 2 reasons: I didn't have to lug it home on the bus if it was delivered to my door, and it was usually cheaper to order those items than buying locally. 

I have more flexibility now that I have a car, but its still sometimes easier and cheaper (or just more convenient for time savings) to order online. I don't want to deal with 20 miles of stop-and-go city traffic (and wasting fuel) just to save a few pennies on something. There are situations where ordering online doesn't make a lot of sense though. One of these is the backup power supply for my computer that needed replacement recently. It has a battery in it that is heavy enough to make shipping charges wipe out any savings from buying online, so buying locally makes more sense . . . all I have to do is order online, then drive over to the supply place and pick it up. The price difference was less than a dollar in that case.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

51 minutes ago, walla299 said:

I use it. Amazon Prime has a monthly option now, so you can do that if you can't afford the $100 at once - but it is cheaper than paying monthly. I had to do brakes ($$) on the car when the Prime renewal came up this year, so I'm doing the monthly until the finances settle out. Prime will save you money especially if you buy a lot of stuff over the course of a year because those shipping charges can add up in a hurry. I did when I was stuck on mass transit for 2 reasons: I didn't have to lug it home on the bus if it was delivered to my door, and it was usually cheaper to order those items than buying locally. 

I have more flexibility now that I have a car, but its still sometimes easier and cheaper (or just more convenient for time savings) to order online. I don't want to deal with 20 miles of stop-and-go city traffic (and wasting fuel) just to save a few pennies on something. There are situations where ordering online doesn't make a lot of sense though. One of these is the backup power supply for my computer that needed replacement recently. It has a battery in it that is heavy enough to make shipping charges wipe out any savings from buying online, so buying locally makes more sense . . . all I have to do is order online, then drive over to the supply place and pick it up. The price difference was less than a dollar in that case.

Yes, Prime will save you money. I did it last year because I bought quite a few things. But if you buy the more expensive items often you do not have to pay the shipping and handling.