Sign in to follow this  
Johnhascats

Can you please pray for me and also.. Show me where to find some answers?

Hi everyone:

Thank you for letting me be a member here. It looks like a good site, and it's easy to find your way around too.

Would you mind praying for me, and also share some Bible verses to help me? I'll explain..

I am a Christian; have been since February 13th, 1985 at 9:58pm (Yes, I know exactly when!). My wife (or soon to be ex wife) is a Christian as well, she's been a Christian since 1983.

On March 4th of this year, late afteroon, I arrived home at our house in the Seattle, WA area and found her with another man. I will not describe exactly where and what they were doing, but I'm sure if you think about it for a moment you can guess. I'm trying to be respectful here. It turns out they had been having an affair off and on over a period of years-and I had no idea. I can't believe it. Later that evening when I had recovered from the shock, we talked a bit. It was very awkward. My wife told me she wanted a divorce and "didn't want to go to church anymore."

And I have been a stay at home dad since 2008, caring for our young adult son who has autism. So, that day I was also with no income and not much money in my wallet. I tried staying in our house for a few weeks because I had nowhere to go, no family close by to help me. My wife was around during the week and then on the weekends she went to her "friends" house.

Toward the end of March, I checked myself into a local hospital. I had not been eating for quite some time and I had lost 30 pounds. While I was in the hospital, my wife essentially locked me out of the house, so when I was discharged, I was very, very close to going to a homeless shelter. I don't know why she had to lock me out of the house; while I was certainly very mad, I was not a danger to anyone. But I can't spend my time trying to analyze everything. I don't have enough energy for that.

At the last minute, one of my sons in New Mexico arranged for me to fly to where he lives with my daughter in law and my grandsons. I am living there now, and I have to get a job, get on my feet, get my own place, etc. That, and deal with the horrendous stress of the divorce which is eating me up too. My wife, for whatever reason, is making life difficult for me even long distance. She's getting in the way of me getting access to funds that are rightfully mine, and just doing whatever she can to "get in my head." Me being without a job, and no money to speak of, I need every dollar freed up that I can get. My son has even paid for an attorney for me, and even the attorney is having a hard time. Can you get the picture that this is a nightmare for me? It is! Thank God for Jesus in my life. He's such a major lifeline to me right now.

Please pray for just an overall improvement in my situation. I really need to get a job, but I am going to be honest and say I'm having a hard time getting through the day without sobbing. I sometimes ask The Lord how am I supposed to get a job when I can't keep my head together for a few hours at a time? And I really need my wife to cooperate on some things so I can get some money, any money, that's rightfully mine. I've been praying for my wife a lot, and it gives me peace inside when I do. I've also prayed for the guy she's with, that he will come to know Jesus as his savior. 

And a final request.. If anyone can offer some guidance, what are some great Bible verses that I can count on to remind me that God is not going to let me fail here? I'm not sure how to word it; some Bible verses that speak to God's restoration in my life in terms of not just money, but my spiritual life, my mental health, and just all around? I am trying to focus on just a few verses at a time and not an exhaustive study, as my brain is pretty fried and I can't concentrate very well at times.

If you can help me I will appreciate it and please do pray for me. Thank you!

John L.

Welcome John to Worthy.  

This is the Worthy Welcome Forum.  Here we meet and greet new people as yourself.  Once you have gotten 5 posts, you may go to other places on the boards.  Then you may go to other forums and have fellowship with other believers who can help you.  Again welcome to Worthy.

Blessings... RustyAngeL

2 hours ago, Johnhascats said:

Hi everyone:

Thank you for letting me be a member here. It looks like a good site, and it's easy to find your way around too.

Would you mind praying for me, and also share some Bible verses to help me? I'll explain..

I am a Christian; have been since February 13th, 1985 at 9:58pm (Yes, I know exactly when!). My wife (or soon to be ex wife) is a Christian as well, she's been a Christian since 1983.

On March 4th of this year, late afteroon, I arrived home at our house in the Seattle, WA area and found her with another man. I will not describe exactly where and what they were doing, but I'm sure if you think about it for a moment you can guess. I'm trying to be respectful here. It turns out they had been having an affair off and on over a period of years-and I had no idea. I can't believe it. Later that evening when I had recovered from the shock, we talked a bit. It was very awkward. My wife told me she wanted a divorce and "didn't want to go to church anymore."

And I have been a stay at home dad since 2008, caring for our young adult son who has autism. So, that day I was also with no income and not much money in my wallet. I tried staying in our house for a few weeks because I had nowhere to go, no family close by to help me. My wife was around during the week and then on the weekends she went to her "friends" house.

Toward the end of March, I checked myself into a local hospital. I had not been eating for quite some time and I had lost 30 pounds. While I was in the hospital, my wife essentially locked me out of the house, so when I was discharged, I was very, very close to going to a homeless shelter. I don't know why she had to lock me out of the house; while I was certainly very mad, I was not a danger to anyone. But I can't spend my time trying to analyze everything. I don't have enough energy for that.

At the last minute, one of my sons in New Mexico arranged for me to fly to where he lives with my daughter in law and my grandsons. I am living there now, and I have to get a job, get on my feet, get my own place, etc. That, and deal with the horrendous stress of the divorce which is eating me up too. My wife, for whatever reason, is making life difficult for me even long distance. She's getting in the way of me getting access to funds that are rightfully mine, and just doing whatever she can to "get in my head." Me being without a job, and no money to speak of, I need every dollar freed up that I can get. My son has even paid for an attorney for me, and even the attorney is having a hard time. Can you get the picture that this is a nightmare for me? It is! Thank God for Jesus in my life. He's such a major lifeline to me right now.

Please pray for just an overall improvement in my situation. I really need to get a job, but I am going to be honest and say I'm having a hard time getting through the day without sobbing. I sometimes ask The Lord how am I supposed to get a job when I can't keep my head together for a few hours at a time? And I really need my wife to cooperate on some things so I can get some money, any money, that's rightfully mine. I've been praying for my wife a lot, and it gives me peace inside when I do. I've also prayed for the guy she's with, that he will come to know Jesus as his savior. 

And a final request.. If anyone can offer some guidance, what are some great Bible verses that I can count on to remind me that God is not going to let me fail here? I'm not sure how to word it; some Bible verses that speak to God's restoration in my life in terms of not just money, but my spiritual life, my mental health, and just all around? I am trying to focus on just a few verses at a time and not an exhaustive study, as my brain is pretty fried and I can't concentrate very well at times.

John L.

Hi John, and welcome. Mate, I feel for you. Its pleasing to know you are relying on God and have a son who is helping you.. Its great that you have put your faith in God. Hold on to that faith all ways.

Men have been rebuke for lack of faith, but never for faith, or for asking great things from God (Matt. 6:30; 14:31; 16:8; Luke 24:25; James 1:5-8) There should never be a doubt  of receiving from God if a believer will see to it that he has faith without doubting and questioning anything without waver about an answer.

This is the first step of the Christian experience. One who is in Christ is a new creature, all old things, including unbelief, have passed away, and all things have become new, and all things are of God (2 Cor. 5:1-7).

The second step is to know the Word of God. "Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God" (Rom. 10:17; 15:7; 1 Cor. 1:18-21; Gal. 3:11; 2 Thess. 2:13). After getting into Christ, the next thing to do is to start reading the Word of God and meditating on it day and night. We are promised by God that if we do this we will be like a tree planted by the rivers of water that will bring forth its fruit in its season and whatsoever we do, it shall prosper (Ps.1; Josh 1).

Don't pray for fait, for praying for faith is a prayer of unbelief. Consequently there is no answer to this prayer. God's Word alone can give you the basis for answered prayer. We are not told by God to pray for faith, but we are told by God to "Have faith in God" (Mark 11:22-24).

Obey the Word of God to the letter, regardless of how foolish it may appear, God's ways are not our ways and His thoughts are not our thoughts. His ways are as high as the heavens compared to our ways; so accept His Word as the right thing on every question and obey it to the letter, and it will be proved the right thing to do.

By exercising your faith you will cause it to grow (Romans 1:17). "Whoever hath, to him shall be given; and whoever hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he seemeth to have" (Luke 8:18). Just as any muscle that remains unused, useless, becomes dead and lifeless, so it is with faith. We must use what we have if we want to become strong and dynamic.

Faith is not only a natural ability or exercise of a created faculty of man, but it is a fruit of the Spirit and a gift from God (Gal. 5:22-23; 1 Cor. 12:4-11) When man uses his own powers of faith in God and his Word properly he makes contact with God in a supernatural way, he becomes partaker of the divine nature (2 Pet. 1:3-4). You can constantly add to your faith the virtues of God by yielding to God in daily life (2 Peter 1:4-10).

Some mistakenly believed that The clothing of Jesus could heal (Woman cured of a hemorrhage by touching the hem of Christ’s cloak? Matt. 9:20-22 teaches us that the touching of  Jesus cloak did not heal the woman. Verse 22 tells us what healed her, it was her undying faith which healed her.

V. 22, "But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith has made thee whole.   And the woman was made whole from that hour."

Praise Him for ever more,

your friend in Jesus, Haz.

Hello and welcome to Worthy.  Yes I will surely pray for you.  I know first hand that prayers work.  You have a great son there in New Mexico.

Hello John , welcome to Worthy , I'm sorry this has happened to you , God bless you .

say hi to 5 of us , then you can to other forums . the chat room is good for prayer too .

Praying dear .

Blessings John.....

Welcome to Worthy,,,,,,as Rusty has mentioned after you have thev minimum required posts you can begin your own Threads in appropriate Forums.

In respect to this Ministry I will be patient & refrain from discussion, I am very glad you are here,will be praying for you & I do encourage you (after the min) to post each question separately & in the proper Forums this way they will each be addressed and of course, post your requst for prayer in the "Prayer Request" this way you will get the traffic  To God be the Glory!!!        With love-in Christ,Kwik

Replying here("hi","thank you" etc,,,)to your welcomes will add those posts quickly for you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

13 hours ago, Johnhascats said:

Hi everyone:

John L.

Welcome John,  I just prayed for you ~~to lift up your spirit and to trust God~

Welcome John, and please know that you are in my prayers.  God will direct your path and lead you to the place that He wants you to be at in your life.

Stay strong!

Hi John,

Welcome! Praying for you and your family. God has been so good to bless you with such a caring son and daughter-in- law there in New Mexico. I know you feel completely alone but God is very close and hears your prayers.  Keep this verse in mind. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. God bless!

Thank you everyone for your prayers; it's really been a blessing to be planted in a new city where it is sunny all the time! I've gone for a lot of long walks and even started running. It's challenging in a hot environment and at 5,000 ft. elevation, but it feels good and is better than TV any day. Being someone from the Seattle area where it's cloudy so often, this is a real blessing just to see the sun every day.