• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/30/1940

This thread appears to be a few years old but as a newbie I am intrigued by some of the posts. Not as bad as some of the other topics/threads I have looked into but I must point out that one important edict laid down in scripture is from Timothy 2:14:- "Keep reminding God's people of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen.".  Bearing in mind the reminder from James:- "Whoever turns a sinner from the error of their way will save them from death and cover over a multitude of sins." (James 5;20) but remember the letter kills and the Spirit gives life and knowledge and wisdom are gifts of the Spirit (1 Cor 12;8).

Back to topic:- The great commission is to make disciples of all nations- not followers! (Mat 28;19). The only scriptural definition of a disciple is in Luke 14;33 "In the same way, those of you who do not give up everything you have cannot be my disciples.". This is, in essence demanding unconditional surrender to the will of God through Christ, this is dying and being born again! Many will not like it but it is a fact, that is why we have been warned that many call Him Lord, Lord but will not get into the kingdom because they do not do the will of the Father. ""Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven." (Matt 7;21) You can only be born again and be filled with the Holy Spirit if you meet the requirements of discipleship. I did not say it Jeshua did!

It would appear from Acts (1;22- 2;3) that those who were gathered were the eleven apostles and Matthias, I hope you will allow me the presumption that Matthias was a disciple otherwise he would not be counted among the apostles.

This, I have to say, is true discipleship; anything else is as filthy rags and will be consigned to destruction.

N.B. Matt 28;19

Yes I am a radical and pleased to be labelled so-just like Jeshua.

Shalom and agapé, 

David