• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

8 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

So are you following Mosaic law?  I posted a link to the entire law, above. 

your laws you posted are man made laws not the laws of God, the Talmud, and so if you also read what I posted ,above you will see I explained it all very nicely , and so you might want to look at it to see , what I really believe about this, <

so I do have one question, but you might not want to answer it, ?

can you tell me what the book of Isaiah 65 and 66 means, about the dietary laws ?

you have great skills in scripture and you can probably tell me what it means, and how it effects us today , as believers, ?

thank you M.G

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

11 hours ago, SINNERSAVED said:

it is too confusing to get through all this intro, would you please break it down to what you are sharing in teaching and what is your view point on this, for the common people as my self, I do not understand this topic....

I don't have a total grasp on this topic, but it appears to advocate Mosaic law as an antidote to modern antinomianism (lawlessness) without embracing the legalism of the Pharisees.

However, there are enough Hebrew Christians on these forums to explain this subject to Gentile believers.

13 hours ago, SINNERSAVED said:

yes but what is the word of God, will never fade away , remember  the  heavens and the earth passes away but Gods word does not, ?

covenant or not,, what I believe was old and fades away is the sacrifices that animals , and Jesus did it by given of himself, and also that by going to the cross the old testament could not save you give you salvation, and break the power of death and the new does this, so I am not adding or trying to be of moses , I am about God, I am following what He says not what covenant, or what is no longer needed but what has been replaced and made fulfilled, for we were dead in death and sins and the mosaic law could not and had no power over this, so the sin and death was broken, and so it is written man does not live by bread alone, but by EVERY WORD of God, and every would mean EVERY WORD,

blessings to you shalom

There is a change of law, because the new covenant is not concerning the carnal commandments. Are you saying the carnal elements which pertain to the priesthood only are changed and others remain?

Heb 7:12  For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

15  And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,
16  Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.
17  For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
18  For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.
19  For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

1 minute ago, Joline said:

There is a change of law, because the new covenant is not concerning the carnal commandments. Are you saying the carnal elements which pertain to the priesthood only are changed and others remain?

Heb 7:12  For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

15  And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,
16  Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.
17  For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
18  For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.
19  For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

read  what I posted prior it tells it all that I have  as my view,

and so do you say that all off the old testament is done away with , is this what you would believe, ?

that nothing is carried over at all , and so we start over with new rules and avoid what God instructed to the people of old, ?

does it state that, ? thank you for responding,

shalom

1 minute ago, SINNERSAVED said:

read  what I posted prior it tells it all that I have  as my view,

and so do you say that all off the old testament is done away with , is this what you would believe, ?

that nothing is carried over at all , and so we start over with new rules and avoid what God instructed to the people of old, ?

does it state that, ? thank you for responding,

shalom

I did read what you said, and I was trying to clarify if my read was correct. you spoke about sacrifices and things to with the priestly service changing. So I gave the verses which tell us how the priesthood is changed, and how the law is changed. Could you clarify if I understand you correctly here.

No I do not believe the old testament (s) are done away.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

On 5/15/2016 at 10:56 AM, OldSchool2 said:

Therefore Christians do well to turn to Jewish thinkers, for they can help us formulate pro-nomian antidotes to our antinomian diseases...."

Since the New Testament tells us clearly that Jews who are outside of Christ are blind and do not even understand the Old Testament, the above statement has no merit.

Bible Christianity is not "Antinomianism" (lawlessness).  Unfortunately there is a great deal of confusion about the term "Law", and it is evident on this thread that some individuals have no clue about the relationship of the Old Covenant to the New Covenant.

What Christians need to understand is that there are some things in the Torah which are unchangeable, but there are also many things in the Torah which are now null and void.

The Ten Commandments (frequently called "the Law") are in Scripture to (1) impute sin to sinners, (2) render all guilty before God, and (3) show humanity that it is impossible to be saved by attempting to observe the Law.

At the same time, the Law of Christ has now come into effect, and through this Law (which is called the Law of Love) every aspect of the Ten Commandments is summed up in the two greatest commandments, which are then distilled into one word -- AGAPE (Charity or Love).

When sinners are saved, this Law is written on their hearts by the Holy Spirit, and it is only by the power of the Holy Spirit that anyone can express God's love. So now obedience to the Law simply means loving God by the power of God, and loving others by the power of God.

At the same time, the book of Hebrews is in Scripture to teach us that because of Christ's one great sacrifice for sins forever, everything pertaining to the sacrifices, the priesthood, the ceremonies, and the dietary restrictions of the Old Covenant is null and void. And there are just four requirements from the Law of Moses which apply to Christians (Acts 15).  There is absolutely no provision for Jews maintaining one kind of Christianity and Gentiles maintaining another.

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 9:56 AM, OldSchool2 said:
On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 9:56 AM, OldSchool2 said:

Therefore Christians do well to turn to Jewish thinkers, for they can help us formulate pro-nomian antidotes to our antinomian diseases...."

I agree with you, but not in the same context as you probably hold.

We do well in my opinion to look at Jewish thought for several things

To understand scripture from it's cultural context. But we do not do well to understand the law and the prophets.

Act 7:27  For they that dwell at Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they knew him not, nor yet the voices of the prophets which are read every sabbath day, they have fulfilled them in condemning him.

Certain understanding gained is a narrow and limited sense, in similar fashion as what Paul said to the men of Athens concerning their own poets.

Acts 17:28  For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

In this we should not look to the Grecian poets any further than this very narrow sense, then we should rabbinics

In saying Narrow is not the same as being shallow. I think (personally) looking at rabbinic thought can be very informative, but it is not good to look to them for insights into the prophets as it pertains to the gospel of our salvation, or the Gospel of the kingdom Of God. Which John the Baptist and Christ preached, as well as the apostles to all nations

56 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Since the New Testament tells us clearly that Jews who are outside of Christ are blind and do not even understand the Old Testament, the above statement has no merit....

Before you throw the baby out with the bathwater, consider the understanding of Gamaliel (Acts 5:34-39).

1 hour ago, OldSchool2 said:

Before you throw the baby out with the bathwater, consider the understanding of Gamaliel (Acts 5:34-39).

What baby?

John 1:6  There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
8  He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

15  John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

19   And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou?
20  And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ.
21  And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No.

22  Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself?
23  He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias.
24  And they which were sent were of the Pharisees.

Lu 7:29  And all the people that heard him, and the publicans, justified God, being baptized with the baptism of John.

Lu 7:30  But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him.

Why do you point to Gamaliel? the gospel to the jews began/begins with the baptism of John.

Rabbinic thought comes from those that rejected John as well as Jesus, and modern day Rabbinic teaching is by their disciples.

They are still teaching without understanding of the law or the prophets concerning the kingdom.

Edited by Joline
additional comments

1 hour ago, Joline said:

Why do you point to Gamaliel? the gospel to the jews began/begins with the baptism of John.

Rabbinic thought comes from those that rejected John as well as Jesus, and modern day Rabbinic teaching is by their disciples.

They are still teaching without understanding of the law or the prophets concerning the kingdom.

Without understanding of either the law or the prophets?

"... But a Pharisee named Gamaliel, a teacher of the law, who was honored by all the people, stood up in the Sanhedrin and ordered that the men be put outside for a little while. Then he addressed the Sanhedrin: 'Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men ... in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God."

Gamaliel understood more than just the law.