IGNORED

Do any of you take notes IN your Bibles?

Jayne

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

It took me some time to do, but I started doing it about 10 years ago.  I use a highlighter but have to take care not to have it bleed through the page.  I find that if I use a Sharpie Neon Yellow and don't press hard, that it will not bleed through.  

Also, I never throw out a Bible, I merely re-purpose as a paper wight.   And sometimes I like to pick it up and smell the leather binding.  :)

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/15/2016 at 2:11 PM, Jayne said:

I was raised (in the 1960's - 1970's) to NOT write in the Bible, don't lay anything on top of the Bible, don't fold the pages, and don't lay it on top of anything secular.

Well, I don't believe any of that anymore, but I still can't bring myself to take notes IN the Bible.  I take copious Bible notes during private study or church services in notebooks and have many of those notes now stored on my computer.

Do any of you take notes IN your Bibles?  If so, what kind of writing utensil do you use?  Pen - pencil?  Highlighter? Do you just underline things or do you write out notes?

I get tired of carrying notebooks back and forth to church and am thinking about taking Bible notes in the Bible at church and still using my notebooks at home.

I'm a conceptual thinker, once I get the concept, I can research from there. My wife takes notes, I do not.

Bible comes from the word biblia, meaning books or small books.

If you like you can look up the history of biblia on your own.......paganry, filled with it.

It's just a book, nothing more, nothing 'holy' about the book.

My phone and desktop are my bibles.........all the information I can take in at my finger tips.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I underline and colour things that speak to my heart...but for Christmas I hope to have a new bible that you can do journaling and colour pictures it's called a adult colouring bible from amazon ...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

I have many Bibles,,,,,most of them do have many different colors that are highlighted,I started using different colors when I realized one of my Bibles had completely gone "yellow" lol,,,,then some became completely blue,pink & yellow,,,,others green ,pink,blue & yellow,,,,,,then underlined with PEN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,now I actually have one that I use just for church(KJV) that has no marks in it at all & I won't mark up,or at least I'll try not to?

Funny thing is ,after all these years,,,,I hardly remember WHY I highlighted certain passages,,,,,it's all worth highlighting ,every single verse,,,,,,notebooks are much better to look back on,at least I write down WHY the passage spoke out to me or what was going on at the time......

Oh & yes,like enoob,one Bible ,a NKJV has tiny little notes written in it,,,,,,so tiny it is hard to tell if it was printed or hand written,,,,,,,

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I have no problem with marking my Bible.  I actually have two Bibles that I regularly use.  One is for my inductive Bible study and the other is large print for reading.   I use the inductive Bible studies from Precept Ministries which teach how to mark the Bible with symbols and notations.  Doing this helps me to visually make connections between verses and subjects. 

I bought a journal Bible for my daughter who is an artist.  Her Bible is filled with beautiful pictures she has drawn that represent the verses she finds meaningful.

Edited by RedwoodLady
misspelling

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Ive been in the Word for about 30 yrs.....Before my Mom passed away with a brain tumor,One after noon,a huge box came to the house.She opened it,and it was FULL of BIBLICAL MATERIAL. I asked her,why did you buy all these?.Beyond my surprise,she said,I bought all these for you,so that I wouldn't be left without study material,when God took her home...I just cried,,,I treasure them all,God is so Good.......Praise God,for Godly Mothers...

Rusty-She got me a Thomas Chain also,I enjoy it much also,

Blessings,With Gods Grace,

7Dove77