• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

On 7/14/2016 at 9:45 PM, Just a Mirror said:

Unforgivable sin is as follows.

Denying the The Word became flesh and sacrificed himself for our sins, then rising on the third day to give us eternal Life.

That is the unpardonable sin.

Many people denied Christ prior to salvation.  The Holy Spirit had yet to convict them of sin, righteousness and judgement.  But when their eyes and ears were opened, they readily accepted Him as their Lord and Savior.  It is only those who really are enlightened as to Who He Is and who then scorn and reject Him that have committed this sin.  They don't come to the light because their deeds are evil.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  297
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

Many gods people think that was the only way to heaven. But it is the God of all God through Jesus Christ that will get you there. One and only way. Look no further than John 3:16!

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  253
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  05/11/1963

I am at a lose to respond line per line but let me assure you, if you have committed the unpardonable sin you will never care that it is unforgivable. It's a condition known as perdition, the devil is in this condition and so is everyone who has sold out to sin. When Jesus was talking to his enemies they said he cast out demons by the power of Satan, in effect. They said he cast out demons through the power of Satan. Jesus used a little simple logic, if Satan casts out Satan then his kingdom is finished. The only way to be saved is to be cleansed by the Holy Spirit of promise, there is no other way. When they called the Holy Spirit unclean it revealed an irreparably flaw in the seat of their moral conscience. I think they knew that they were seeing God work in peoples lives and they were simply angry because God had intruded, all sin is at enmity with God.

It's like when Jesus called them hypocrites, Jesus was using a term that meant literally, 'one who wears a mask', it was the idea of Grecian theater. The actors would change masks as a part of the performance, Jesus used this image to indicate a religious phony that fooled neither the audience or the actor.   They knew they were phony, Jesus knew they were phony and he was telling them there was no escape from that. Jesus talking about Judas said one of you is a devil, not you will become one, but you already are. There are questions whether Judas could have repented but I'm convinced there is no way he ever intended any such thing.

No child of perdition has remorse for their blasphemy so if someone utters slanderous things, even about the Holy Spirit, it's not necessarily the same unforgivable sin Jesus is describing. I really don't know, only God can tell the intent, but my guess is if you say something you don't really mean or understand it's simply not the same thing.

Grace and peace,

Mark 

Edited by thilipsis
formating

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.45
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 9/17/2016 at 10:29 AM, KPaulG said:

That is a wake-up call to both the saved and the unsaved.

On 5/16/2016 at 11:00 AM, enoob57 said:

It is simply a vessel filled with lie so that no truth remains in them... they have become as their father Lucifer.

In fact, the people have thought that sin is a joke. They think they can sin at will and then simply ask forgiveness to Jesus, supposing to be everything alright. They are turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness (Jude 4), ignoring that Moses didn’t enter the promise land for a sake of about thirty seconds of immaturity (join Numbers 20.10 with Psalms 106.32,33). Not to mention that the sin can stiffen so the heart that is impossible to find a place of repentance (Zechariah 7.11,12; Hebrews 12.16,17).

Thus, let’s see some people that sin to death:

1.    “And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not. And there went out fire from the LORD, and devoured them, and they died before the LORD.” (Leviticus 10.1,2).

Nadab and Abihu tried to make the cult to the Eternal most fragrant. Without calling in the Eternal, they were trying to joy the people and, obviously, try enthrall their attention. That is to say, Nadab and Abihu were wishing the place of God in the life of the people.

2.    “And when they came to Nachon's threshingfloor, Uzzah put forth [ his hand ] to the ark of God, and took hold of it; for the oxen shook [ it ]. And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Uzzah; and God smote him there for [ his ] error; and there he died by the ark of God.” (2Samuel 6.6,7).

Even though Uzzah was well intentioned, he even not could approach himself of the ark (Numbers 18.3,22). He was in the wrong place. He was trying to occupy a role that wasn’t for him. Uzzah was condoning with the mistake of David (1Chronicles 15.2) and giving occasion to David to be exalted beyond what it was owed, to be settled in the place of God.

3.    “But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back [ part ] of the price of the land? Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God. And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things. And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried [ him ] out, and buried [ him ]. And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in. And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much. Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband [ are ] at the door, and shall carry thee out. Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying [ her ] forth, buried [ her ] by her husband.” (Acts 5.3-10).

Ananias and Sapphira lied to God, tempting the Spirit of the Lord. They wanted the approbation of the brothers, but without giving all of themselves.

When we give all to Jesus, He is the center of the attention in our lives. Consequently, all belongs to Him. When, however, we hold something, we wish to turn the people dependent on us. Solely have conditions of receiving something of the inheritance of God (1Co 2.9) who already deliver all to Him.

Ananias and Sapphira were being led by the flesh, but they were trying to convince all that they were being moved by the Spirit of Jesus.

4.    “And upon a set day Herod, arrayed in royal apparel, sat upon his throne, and made an oration unto them. And the people gave a shout, [ saying, It is ] the voice of a god, and not of a man. And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost.” (Acts 12.21-23).

Herod died eaten of worms because he wants the glory that belongs to God for Himself.

5.    “And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.” (2Kings 2.23,24).

Because they tried to denigrate the spirit that was performing in Elisha, two bears arise unexpectedly and tore forty and two children of them.

Note that these five people died instantaneously.

What all these persons have in common? They blasphemed of the Spirit of the Eternal.

There are, also, three cases wherein those who disobeyed Jesus died in a short space of time:

1.    “And a certain man of the sons of the prophets said unto his neighbour in the word of the LORD, Smite me, I pray thee. And the man refused to smite him. Then said he unto him, Because thou hast not obeyed the voice of the LORD, behold, as soon as thou art departed from me, a lion shall slay thee. And as soon as he was departed from him, a lion found him, and slew him.” (1Kings 20.35,36) – The man puts the human goodness in the place of the word of the Eternal (see Matthew 12.30).

2.    “And he cried unto the man of God that came from Judah, saying, Thus saith the LORD, Forasmuch as thou hast disobeyed the mouth of the LORD, and hast not kept the commandment which the LORD thy God commanded thee, but camest back, and hast eaten bread and drunk water in the place, of the which [ the LORD ] did say to thee, Eat no bread, and drink no water; thy carcase shall not come unto the sepulchre of thy fathers. And it came to pass, after he had eaten bread, and after he had drunk, that he saddled for him the ass, [ to wit ], for the prophet whom he had brought back. And when he was gone, a lion met him by the way, and slew him: and his carcase was cast in the way, and the ass stood by it, the lion also stood by the carcase.” (1Kings 13.21-24) – The new prophet puts the voice of the old prophet in the place of the Eternal’s voice.

3.    “Now it came to pass, after that Amaziah was come from the slaughter of the Edomites, that he brought the gods of the children of Seir, and set them up [ to be ] his gods, and bowed down himself before them, and burned incense unto them. Wherefore the anger of the LORD was kindled against Amaziah, and he sent unto him a prophet, which said unto him, Why hast thou sought after the gods of the people, which could not deliver their own people out of thine hand? And it came to pass, as he talked with him, that [ the king ] said unto him, Art thou made of the king's counsel? forbear; why shouldest thou be smitten? Then the prophet forbare, and said, I know that God hath determined to destroy thee, because thou hast done this, and hast not hearkened unto my counsel. Then Amaziah king of Judah took advice, and sent to Joash, the son of Jehoahaz, the son of Jehu, king of Israel, saying, Come, let us see one another in the face. And Joash king of Israel sent to Amaziah king of Judah, saying, The thistle that [ was ] in Lebanon sent to the cedar that [ was ] in Lebanon, saying, Give thy daughter to my son to wife: and there passed by a wild beast that [ was ] in Lebanon, and trode down the thistle. Thou sayest, Lo, thou hast smitten the Edomites; and thine heart lifteth thee up to boast: abide now at home; why shouldest thou meddle to [ thine ] hurt, that thou shouldest fall, [ even ] thou, and Judah with thee? But Amaziah would not hear; for it [ came ] of God, that he might deliver them into the hand [ of their enemies ], because they sought after the gods of Edom.” (2Chronicles 25.14-20) – The victory that was given by the Eternal, Amaziah was ascribing to the gods of Edom.

In all this eight cases we see persons that sinned to death:

·         “If any man see his brother sin a sin [ which is ] not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it. All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death. We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.” (1John 5.16-18).

·         “Again, When a righteous [ man ] doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand.” (Ezekiel 3.20).

In all these cases, such persons blasphemed against the Eternal.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

On 11/9/2016 at 3:43 PM, Melony said:

..... So what – again is this – oposing the Holy Spirit (in our times)? This is my question.

Somewhere in Revelation it is revealed that "people" refuse to stop worshiping demons - they apparently willfully [adamantly?] refuse to repent of serving demons.  

Not just a few people.  Not even "many" people.  No.... much more than that !

Do you think they oppose the Holy Spirit ?  (this is "in our times" , most likely TODAY and all following days until and if Y'SHUA tarries)

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

The way I understand it the people that saw Jesus heal the man KNEW that it was the Holy Spirit that did the healing but did not want to admit it because they would have to concede that Jesus was who he claimed to be. They chose to lie and despite knowing the truth they said the Holy Spirit was the devil...they blasphemed the Holy Spirit fully knowing who He was.

• 2 weeks later...

I wondered about the unforgivable sin off and on for awhile years back ,unsure if I had crossed that line  sometime in my past.

One day as I was praying I got an answer....my answer was "not to worry as this was something I was incapable of " 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

16 hours ago, Brick said:

I wondered about the unforgivable sin off and on for awhile years back ,unsure if I had crossed that line  sometime in my past.

One day as I was praying I got an answer....my answer was "not to worry as this was something I was incapable of " 

Hi  Brick,

The unforgivable sin is if you don't believe that Jesus is God  , if you believe that Jesus and the Holy Spirit  are God you don't have to worry that did commit that sin, it's basically the sin of unbelieve..

The Unpardonable Sin
30He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters. 31Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.32Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the one to come.… Matt. 12:31

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41

It is written that even the demons believe Jesus is God,  and they tremble in tortured fear knowing the destruction they face. 

Other than that, also,  a lot of people don't know nor understand the "Holy Spirit" at all,  they simply trust in YHWH their FATHER in HEAVEN and Y'SHUA MESSIAH their SAVIOR WHO REDEEMED THEM, and they follow HIM (Y'SHUA(JESUS) ) wherever HE goes. (they are sheep who hear HIS VOICE).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37

2 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

It is written that even the demons believe Jesus is God

Not exactly. Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. (James 2:19).

What James is saying is that demons do not deny the existence of the one true God (unlike our modern atheists), and they tremble because they know that they are destined for the Lake of Fire.

But when Christ confronted the demons, they always recognized Him as "Jesus, thou Son of God", and also feared Him as the One who could send them into the abyss. 

Because the Bible calls Jesus "the Lord Jesus Christ" that in itself implies that Jesus is God, since He cannot be Lord unless He is God (Hebrews 1:8-10).