• Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 5/30/2016 at 6:41 PM, JohnD said:

Calvinism virus Arminianism Calvinism virus Arminianism Calvinism virus Arminianism Calvinism virus Arminianism Calvinism virus Arminianism Calvinism virus Arminianism Calvinism virus Arminianism Calvinism virus Arminianism Calvinism virus Arminianism Calvinism virus Arminianism Calvinism virus Arminianism Calvinism virus Arminianism Calvinism virus Arminianism Calvinism virus Arminianism Calvinism virus Arminianism Calvinism virus Arminianism

Get the hint?

:24:  :24:  :24:

Only Jesus

“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God ; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.” John 14:1-4 (New International Version)

Saves

And this is the record, that God has given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that has the Son has life; and he that has not the Son of God has not life.

These things have I written to you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may believe on the name of the Son of God. 1 John 5:11-13 (American King James Version)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 12/26/2016 at 0:42 PM, Omegaman 3.0 said:

it is U in T.U.L.I.P. is Unconditional Election....

:sherlock:

It Is J

For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:16 (World English Bible)

As In Jesus

Remember Jesus Christ, risen from the dead, the offspring of David, as preached in my gospel, for which I am suffering, bound with chains as a criminal. But the word of God is not bound! Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. The saying is trustworthy, for:

If we have died with him, we will also live with him;
if we endure, we will also reign with him;

if we deny him, he also will deny us;
if we are faithless, he remains faithful—

for he cannot deny himself. 2 Timothy 2:8-13 (English Standard Version)

~

He Is Our Only Salvation

I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify unto you these things in the congregations {Gr. ekklesia – called out ones}. I AM the root and the offspring of David and the bright and morning star. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that hears say, Come. And let him that is thirsty come; and whosoever will, let him take of the water of life freely. Revelation 22:16-18 (Jubilee Bible 2000)

Love Your Brother Joe

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

this debate between the followers of Calvin, and the followers of Arminias, the five objections of the Arminian camp, came to be declared  to be heresy, at the Synod of Dort. 

And all Protestantism was condemned in the heretic Martin Luther in the Edict of the Diet of Worms. A Church Council decided it, and therefore we can dismiss Protestantism forever as being proven heresy! This was before the Synod of Dort, and therefore any gathering of heretics holds no force on Christian truth unless it agrees with the Edict of the Diet!

Edited by Jeff2

Omegaman, you stated...

Probably my largest objection to the Arminian few,is I believe it deprives God
of Glory, by instead of salvation being soley by grace, it puts man in control
of his own salvation, claiming that man is the one who decides to believe, 
and that results in salvation...

You are objecting to a strawman of your own invention. What statement in the Works of Arminius states that Free-Will is the cause of salvation? How about in the Five Articles of the Remonstrants? 

I repented of Arminianism, about in 2013

No, you repented of Pelagianism.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/16/2016 at 6:59 PM, missmuffet said:

Which belief do you hold? I go more towards Arminianism.

I go towards Calvinism. During my junior years of Christianity, I adhered to Arminianism without knowing what it is! Because I grew up hearing sermons and preachers saying I can lose my salvation if I am not careful. Holy Spirit opened by eyes to Word of God and I understood the assurance of Salvation. I don't like to call myself Calvinist. After all, John Calvin was another sinner. Why do I want to have a name associated with another person? But theology wise, I am aligned with TULIP. But over the last few years, I made it a point to not get into arguments about Calvinism vs Arminianism. It only causes more divisions.

As FYI, I attend Assemblies of God (which as a whole endorses only Arminianism).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

free.jpg

I have figured out how this Predestination and Election thing works too!

God voted that I should go to heaven.

The devil voted that I should go to Hell.

I cast my vote with God, and we won by a 2/3rds margin!

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  410
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Since there are 2 dozen NT verses which say man is God's enemy, etc.

and totally incapable of believing in Jesus and His gospel, etc. ...

I have to believe that God must provide a seed of faith enabling him/her to believe.

Which is one part of Calvinism.

Edited by ZacharyB

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,013
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Interesting God claims it comes from His Word

Romans 10:17 (KJV)

[17] So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.