• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

I believe that the anti-Christ is a Gentile.

His nationality is Assyrian, & He is called the King of the North. Eventually I believe he will rule the world from Babylon in Iraq, & is called the king of Babylon.

`As a lion roars, & a young lion over his prey.....So the Lord of host will come down to fight for Mount Zion & for its hill. Like birds flying about  so will the Lord of hosts defend Jerusalem. Defending, he will also deliver it; passing over, He will preserve it....Then the Assyrian shall fall by a sword not of man......` (Isa. 31: 4 - 8)

`The king (of the north - v. 40) shall do according to his own will: he shall exalt & magnify himself above every god, shall speak blasphemies against the God of gods, & prosper till the wrathhas been accomplished; for what has been determined shall be done.` (Da. 11: 36)

What are your thoughts?

Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

The Bible does not say specifically where the Antichrist comes from so it is all speculation.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

what entity in Revelation do you consider to be the Antichrist?

1 hour ago, bopeep1909 said:

The Bible does not say specifically where the Antichrist comes from so it is all speculation.

Hi bopeep,

So that is your thought, but you haven't addressed the scriptures I wrote in the OP as regards scriptures telling us where the anti-Christ comes from. You say `The Bible does not say...` yet you have not even made a comment upon those scriptures. So to declare what I said as `speculation` is just your opinion till you can back it up by pointing out why you think from scripture that those scriptures I have written are not related to the A/C. Any of us can just make statements, but we are here to discuss scripture not our own individual statements of opinions.

Remember -

`Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.` (2 Tim. 2: 15)

If you have points that reveal those scriptures are not related to the A/C, then we all need to hear that.

Marilyn. 

1 hour ago, other one said:

what entity in Revelation do you consider to be the Antichrist?

Hi other one,

Good question. I believe the A/C is a man, but influenced, even possessed by Satan himself.

`I saw one of his heads as if it had been mortally wounded, & his deadly wound was healed. And all the world marvelled & followed the beast. So they worshipped the dragon who gave authority to the beast;....` (Rev. 12: 3 & 4)

`...take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, & say:.....How you have fallen from heaven, O Lucifer,.....Those who see you will gaze at you & consider you saying: "Is this the man who made the earth tremble, who shook kingdoms,.....yet you shall be brought down to Sheol, to the lowest depths of the pit....` (Isa. 14: 4, 12, 16, 15)

There we see that God`s word is talking about more than just a man, but also about Lucifer / Satan.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

His nationality is Assyrian, & He is called the King of the North. Eventually I believe he will rule the world from Babylon in Iraq, & is called the king of Babylon.

`As a lion roars, & a young lion over his prey.....So the Lord of host will come down to fight for Mount Zion & for its hill. Like birds flying about  so will the Lord of hosts defend Jerusalem. Defending, he will also deliver it; passing over, He will preserve it....Then the Assyrian shall fall by a sword not of man......` (Isa. 31: 4 - 8)

`The king (of the north - v. 40) shall do according to his own will: he shall exalt & magnify himself above every god, shall speak blasphemies against the God of gods, & prosper till the wrathhas been accomplished; for what has been determined shall be done.` (Da. 11: 36)

What are your thoughts?

Marilyn.

satan is the anti christ

Guest Robert

According to Revelation 13, Satan is a separate individual from the Antichrist. It becomes Satan's "unholy trinity" of The Dragon (Satan), The Antichrist and The False Prophet.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

I believe that the anti-Christ is a Gentile...His nationality is Assyrian

As you probably know (1) many Jews were taken to Assyria and (2) many Jews lived in Assyria from centuries. So simply because the Antichrist is called an Assyrian does not mean he must be a Gentile.  The more critical issue is how could a Gentile possibly enter into the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem and proclaim that he is Yahweh Elohim unless he was a renegade and blasphemous Jew in reality?  How could a Gentile possibly claim to be the true Messiah of the Orthodox Jews?  BTW, since Assyria is now in the annals of history, we need to look elsewhere.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 & 7-9

(2 Th 2:3-4) Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; {4} Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God

(2 Th 2:7-9) For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. {8} And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: {9} Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

Within the context of these verses , we will have a clear understanding of who the Antichrist is. Verse 3 is closely linked with another passage of Scripture which opens up the identity of Antichrist. Incidentally, this passage is used as a proof text that there will be a physical Antichrist on this earth. Yet, this passage nowhere uses the description for the man of sin as Antichrist. Since God uses this moniker in other areas of the New Testament, it would seem appropriate that God would use the title of Antichrist here also.

Do we have a problem? No, we do not! The passage that 2 Thess. 2:3 is linked to is Isaiah 14:12-17. We will focus on only 3 verses but you read the entire passage to gain the understanding of this group of verses.

(Isa 14:12, 16-17) How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! {16} They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms; {17} That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

Did you notice the vital link in these verses to 2 Thess. 2:3? In verse 16, Lucifer, a.k.a., Satan is called "the man." Now we know that Satan is an angel not a physical human being. (The NIV omits "Lucifer" in verse 12 and calls him the morningstar which is the name for Christ in Revelation 2:28 and 22:16.. Isn’t it heresy to equate Christ with Satan? The Mormons do this.)

Here God refers to Satan as the man which caused havoc on the earth. It is interesting to note that in Luke 4:18, the Lord Jesus Christ speaks of preaching deliverance to the captives. Isaiah 14:17 speaks of Satan not opening his house of the prisoners. The whole complicated doctrine need not be complicated.

Let us transfer the title "The Man" to 2 Thess. 2:3 and see if we are on the right track. There we read about the "Man of Sin" which is Satan himself. We saw the passage in Isaiah speaking directly about and to Satan and we see this passage speaking directly about Satan, as the man of sin. The man of sin is not a human being, for what human being can wage the war Satan has been waging against Christ from the time of creation, right in the Garden of Eden.

http://www.scionofzion.com/antichrist.htm

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

4 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

What are your thoughts?

Marilyn.

Messiah = Christ = King of Israel.

Messiah = Christ from John 4:

25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.

26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

Christ = KIng of Israel from Mark 15:

32 Let Christ the King of Israel descend now from the cross, that we may see and believe. And they that were crucified with him reviled him.

Now to 1John2:18, antichrist singular shall come, they were already aware.

18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

John was "likening" some to the coming antichrist by calling them antichrists.    Why?  

22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

Now where was John getting that notion?    We go to all places the gospel of John.    John 5.

23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Now here in the same chapter, which John in 1John2:22-23, gave the characteristics of antichrist from, we find out how they were already aware that antichrist singular shall come.

43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

So everything said about the coming antichrist, and that to deny Father and Son, is antichrist - is coming from John Chapter 5.

I gave the verses above at the start of this post of how Messiah = Christ = King of Israel.      Of course those persons John likened to the singular coming antichrist, by calling them as antichrists as well because they denieth Father and Son - were most likely not Jews.     But the antichrist the Jews will receive - the another in John 5:43 as their King Messiah, King of Israel, he has to be a Jew, because that is what is in the old testament, which the person must be descended from King David,  as a Jew.... which Jesus was, but the Jews rejected him as being their King Messiah, King of Israel... and will embrace another, the forthcoming Antichrist.

(Isaiah 11:1-9; Jeremiah 23:5-6, 30:9, 33:14-16; Ezekiel 34:23, 37:24 ; Hosea 3:5)

Edited by douggg