• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,184
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

2 hours ago, n2thelight said:

Not clear at all,and that's why most of the world will be deceived!!!

Hi n2thelight,

Now it seems that you are saying (& may not mean to) that God`s word is written so we will be deceived? You are saying that the scriptures I posted are not clear & therefore most of the world will be deceived. Is that what you mean?

Marilyn.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

55 minutes ago, Ezra said:

I have indicated where those Scriptures are found.  However, even if a raft of Scriptures were presented you would continue to believe what you believe. You simply ignored what someone else had pointed out regarding Christ's clear statement to the Jews in John 5:43: I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

This is a prophetic statement by Christ regarding the Antichrist. Jesus of Nazareth, a Jew, was addressing Jews who had rejected Him, and telling the nation of Israel that while He came in His Father name, they rejected Him, but the one who would come in his own name -- claiming to be God -- would be gladly received by the Jews.  Orthodox Jews are anxiously awaiting their *Messiah*.  This *Messiah* will perform some powerful miracles to convince the Jews (and the whole world) that he is Christ.

Hi Ezra,

Thank you for the scripture, however all it says is if another person comes in his own authority they will receive him. And that is exactly what will happen when Israel accepts the peace treaty from the peacemaker who we know will eventually become the last world leader. And as God has told us that they are Gentiles, (Times of the Gentiles - Great Image) then that is what he is.

Also the peacemaker never claims to be God when he makes peace with Israel & they receive him on his own authority. It is only later he declares this.

You have given one scripture that does not specifically say that this coming person is a Jew. Just that they will accept his authority, (name).

Also you have not properly addressed the two points I made in my OP & may wish to do that -

1. The Assyrian in connection with Christ`s return.

2. The King of the North.

Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

4 hours ago, douggg said:

Marilyn, when Jesus said in John5:43  "if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive", Jesus was not talking about accepting a peace maker, but about being the messiah, the King of Israel.    Jesus came in his Father's name, to be the messiah, the promised great King of Israel.

43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

Marilyn, if I were to say to you - John F Kennedy, senator of Massachusetts. was killed in Dallas TX.    Was John Kennedy - senator at the time?   No, he wasn't, he was President of the United States, a different role than senator.    In similitude, the person who becomes the Antichrist, King of Israel (illegitimate), will no longer be the Antichrist, King of Israel, when he is the beast in Revelation 13 those last 42 months.

Hi douggg,

I don`t think I answered your comment. Now as I said to Ezra that scripture talks about someone coming in his own authority, (name) & they will accept him. This we read in God`s word when the peacemaker comes & makes a peace treaty with Israel. He does not declare himself as God at that time. He is just a peacemaker & Israel receives him on his own authority. He is not declared as their Messiah or their King. It is just not in God`s word.

Marilyn. 

Edited by Marilyn C

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

50 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi n2thelight,

Now it seems that you are saying (& may not mean to) that God`s word is written so we will be deceived? You are saying that the scriptures I posted are not clear & therefore most of the world will be deceived. Is that what you mean?

Marilyn.

Matthew 13:13 "Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand."

Matthew 13:14 "And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:"

Some are not meant to understand,and it's for their own good,as no one will be judged in ignorance...

6 minutes ago, n2thelight said:

Matthew 13:13 "Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand."

Matthew 13:14 "And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:"

Some are not meant to understand,and it's for their own good,as no one will be judged in ignorance...

Hi n2thelight,

Thanks for clearing that up. And yes I believe the world is in darkness & Israel is blinded at the moment, however as believers we know that the Holy Spirit is leading us into all truth. Thus I believe God`s word especially in eschatology will come more clear in time. It is the last great truth, I believe that has yet to be clarified to the body of Christ.

So as for the Body of Christ we will not be judged at all, as we are in Christ. However we are to study & discern truth for it does matter what we believe.

Blessings, Marilyn.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

49 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi n2thelight,

Thanks for clearing that up. And yes I believe the world is in darkness & Israel is blinded at the moment, however as believers we know that the Holy Spirit is leading us into all truth. Thus I believe God`s word especially in eschatology will come more clear in time. It is the last great truth, I believe that has yet to be clarified to the body of Christ.

So as for the Body of Christ we will not be judged at all, as we are in Christ. However we are to study & discern truth for it does matter what we believe.

Blessings, Marilyn.

All shall be judged.If one dos'nt know that satan comes first,pretending to be Christ. ie instaed of Christ as the antichrist they will be deceived.That's why it's important to know that satan himself is the antichrist...

Revelation 13:13 "And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men."

Revelation 13:14 "And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles [signs] which he had power [it was given him] to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live."

satan comes before Christ

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi douggg,

I don`t think I answered your comment. Now as I said to Ezra that scripture talks about someone coming in his own authority, (name) & they will accept him. This we read in God`s word when the peacemaker comes & makes a peace treaty with Israel. He does not declare himself as God at that time. He is just a peacemaker & Israel receives him on his own authority. He is not declared as their Messiah or their King. It is just not in God`s word.

Marilyn. 

Marilyn, where are you reading in the bible a peace treaty ?     And when you say "they will accept him"  - as what?      What was written on the plaque that Pilate had placed above Jesus's head on the cross?     The Jews would not accept Jesus coming in his Father's name  - as what?

Edited by douggg

Guest shiloh357
On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 1:56 AM, Marilyn C said:

Hi bopeep,

So that is your thought, but you haven't addressed the scriptures I wrote in the OP as regards scriptures telling us where the anti-Christ comes from. You say `The Bible does not say...` yet you have not even made a comment upon those scriptures. So to declare what I said as `speculation` is just your opinion till you can back it up by pointing out why you think from scripture that those scriptures I have written are not related to the A/C. Any of us can just make statements, but we are here to discuss scripture not our own individual statements of opinions.

Remember -

`Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.` (2 Tim. 2: 15)

If you have points that reveal those scriptures are not related to the A/C, then we all need to hear that.

Marilyn. 

You really have made no connection between those Scriptures and the anti-Christ.  You have made an assumption and are quoting verses to support that assumption.    Really, the Bible makes no hard and fast claims on where the AC comes from and your view is just as speculative as many of the other views on where the AC will come from.  Your speculation carries no more weight than anyone else's.

13 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Rick,

You are right. Of course the Jews will not accept a non-Jew as their Messiah. But where does it say in God`s word that Israel accepts this world leader as their Messiah? 

Marilyn.

Marilyn, upon further study and reflection:

It’s important to remember that only believing Jews will reject the anti-Christ, and they won’t do this until he claims to be God, at the beginning of the Great Tribulation. Prior to that time, the anti-Christ will appear to fulfill all of Israel’s desires. Chief among these will be giving them the go-ahead for their Temple. And in their history, another foreign king, Cyrus of Persia, was called a messiah (anointed one) by God in Isaiah 45:1. He also helped the Jews rebuild their Temple. So there is precedent for a non-Jewish King to be thought of as a messiah. Also in Ezekiel 44:7-8 there’s a prophecy that upon His return, the Lord will accuse Israel of putting foreigners, uncircumcised in heart or flesh, in charge of His sanctuary during the Great Tribulation. I see this as a reference to the anti-Christ and the false prophet. Therefore I don’t think it will be necessary for the anti-Christ to be Jewish

11 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

You really have made no connection between those Scriptures and the anti-Christ.  You have made an assumption and are quoting verses to support that assumption.    Really, the Bible makes no hard and fast claims on where the AC comes from and your view is just as speculative as many of the other views on where the AC will come from.  Your speculation carries no more weight than anyone else's.

Hi shiloh357,

Nice to see you have popped in. Well as for calling my comments speculation you have given NO scriptural rebuttal. You have NOT shown us all here why you think those scriptures are wrong. As I quoted to bopeep. we really need to rightly divide the word of truth, so that we will not be ashamed. (2 Tim. 2: 15) All I can see from your comments bro, is your own thoughts.

Now you can do better than that. Marilyn.