everseeking

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Do you believe that a relationship with Jesus and God is a way of ensuring good mental health?

Sometimes I get anxiety worrying about Hell or having sinful thoughts. And guilt of course over past mistakes.

Currently I seem to have a transference issue. I have had difficult work relations with some women . But it seems to be a pattern now as I change workplaces. I seem to clash or attract rude behaviour from women especially those who have seniority over me. I know it is something I am doing or thinking but cant seem to stop it. Not all women of course as I have been happily married for 25 years. I think it is one for the counsellor rather than prayer but still.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

4 minutes ago, everseeking said:

Do you believe that a relationship with Jesus and God is a way of ensuring good mental health?

Sometimes I get anxiety worrying about Hell or having sinful thoughts. And guilt of course over past mistakes.

Currently I seem to have a transference issue. I have had difficult work relations with some women . But it seems to be a pattern now as I change workplaces. I seem to clash or attract rude behaviour from women especially those who have seniority over me. I know it is something I am doing or thinking but cant seem to stop it. Not all women of course as I have been happily married for 25 years. I think it is one for the counsellor rather than prayer but still.

Welcome to Worthy everseeking.  After you have five posts you may go to other places and post your questions in the Outer Court. The best place would be in Questions and Answers.  But yes having a relationship with Jesus is a way to ensure good mental health.  You said you have worrying thoughts about hell, are you born again believer?  Do you know Jesus as your Savior?  if you do then hell should not even enter your thoughts since your past and it's sins have been covered by the Blood of Jesus.  

Work on those five posts and we look forward to seeing you in other places.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

14 minutes ago, everseeking said:

Yes,I do believe that having a daily relationship with Jesus Christ is very important for your mental health. You ask God to take your life,your mind and your heart each and every day. I will guarantee you that He will take very good care of it. You should not worry. God has a wonderful plan in every Christian's life. You need to put your life in God's hands and then sit back and let Him do His work in your life. Put Him in the driver's seat of your life. Have faith. God wants you to put all of your problems and your cares in His hands.

Welcome to Worthy everseeking.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

a good relationship with the Lord will insure BETTER mental health-- will not guarantee complete mental health as some issues have a physical cause- but even with physical causes a good relation with the Lord will make issues more manageable-- as for trouble with women--- well that can take an encyclopedia of suggestions to remedy~~~~

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  67

4 hours ago, everseeking said:

I'll answer your question directly-

I worship Yahovah/Yahshua, the god of the bible, the All Mighty, the Creator.

You will read in Scripture that the 'blood is the Life'. Why? The brain is the one organ that cannot live without blood for any length of time, without a flow of blood the brain will die instantly.

Here is what Yahovah promises when you study and keep (guard) his commands-

Jeremiah 3

Invitation to Repentance
…14'Return, O faithless sons,' declares the LORD; 'For I am a master to you, And I will take you one from a city and two from a family, And I will bring you to Zion.' 15"Then I will give you shepherds after My own heart, who will feed you on knowledge and understanding. 16"It shall be in those days when you are multiplied and increased in the land," declares the LORD, "they will no longer say, 'The ark of the covenant of the LORD.' And it will not come to mind, nor will they remember it, nor will they miss it, nor will it be made again.…

I am not a fan of Shaul (Paul) but he got this right-

Romans 1:28

Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done.

Isaiah 1:16
"Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean; Remove the evil of your deeds from My sight. Cease to do evil,

We are Commanded to DO Righteousness. When we DO righteousness, here is what is promised-

Proverb 3

Blessed is He who Finds Wisdom
…23Then you will walk in your way securely And your foot will not stumble. 24When you lie down, you will not be afraid; When you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. 25Do not be afraid of sudden fear Nor of the onslaught of the wicked when it comes;…

Doing Righteousness eases the conscience, eases the MIND.

Study and DO, be at peace.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  65

I sometimes think the quote "take up your cross and follow me" is such a daunting request. Isnt this the real reason we don't want to become Christian? That we are afraid God will ask too much of us? That He wants us to choose the painful route, the one where we receive insults and don't seek payback. We might get chewed out by our boss, and somehow try to see from his point of view. We get micro-managed by a line manager and silently suffer, instead of blowing a fuse. We choose to read our bible before going to bed, instead of playing our favourite computer game.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Hello and welcome, everseeking.

A relationship with the LORD is not a guarantee of mental health any more than it is a guarantee of physical health. It does, however, give you an available and powerful outlet, when you can turn to the Most High with whatever is on your mind.

1 Peter 5:7 tells us to cast our cares upon Him (Christ) because He cares for us. The great thing about prayer is that it's not a set, ritualized system guided by rules and regulations. It is open and honest conversation with the LORD. The LORD knows your thoughts (Psalm 139:4) and He can certainly begin a work in you that changes the pattern of those thoughts. However, I think ignoring the help available all around - i.e. counselors and the like - is a mistake.

My suggestion would be to spend time in prayer and study to strengthen your relationship with Christ (because as RustyAngel said, hell shouldn't be a part of your mental equation), and in the meantime seek counseling from your pastor, or a Christian counseling center if you're not in a church. I think they would be able to help you with whatever this pattern is you find yourself in, while at the same time helping you on the path you walk with the LORD.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,097
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings everseeking,,,,,

Welcome to Worthy,,,,,,not to contradict my Sister Rusty but if you are not a Christian then you will not have access to the "Inner Court" where the Q & A Forum is located,,,,,,,this Forum is for "Seekers" ,unbelievers & guest that are not Christian,as well as the other Outer Court Forums,,,,,,,however,if you are a Chritian & have posted here inappropriately because it was unclear to you then after you have 5 post I encourage you to copy/psste your OP & place it in "Need Advice" which is the Proper Place & you will get the most responses,,,,,,,,

So here is the question,,,,,,,,,,are you a Christian?Who is Jesus to you?  Christianity is a RELATIONSHIP with Jesus,,,,,,God the Father,God the Son & God the Holy Spirit,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,through our Faith in the knowledge of WHO Jesus is we Receive the GRACE of God,being reconciled back to Him through Jesus,,,,,,,,,,,

In true Relationship there is a "renewing of the mind" where we become New Creatures in Christ Jesus,,,,,,this comes by submitting(foresaking)self & surrendering to Jesus Lordship,,,,,,the more we let go of "self" the more we can have access to the Heart & Mind of Jesus by the indwelling of His Holy Spirit,,,,,,there are no mental health issues with jesus Mind,,,,,,,,,you must "renew your mind" to take on His,,,,,,this comes by communicating with Him through Gods Word(the Living Word),,,,,,fill your thoughts with Gods Truth,pray,praise,worship,glorify,give Him your heart & seek Him,to be near Him,,,,,,,,our Redeemer Lives!!!!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

10 hours ago, everseeking said:

I sometimes think the quote "take up your cross and follow me" is such a daunting request. Isnt this the real reason we don't want to become Christian? That we are afraid God will ask too much of us? That He wants us to choose the painful route, the one where we receive insults and don't seek payback. We might get chewed out by our boss, and somehow try to see from his point of view. We get micro-managed by a line manager and silently suffer, instead of blowing a fuse. We choose to read our bible before going to bed, instead of playing our favourite computer game.

The cross usually is looked at as a symbol of terrible suffering- but it is also the symbol of incredible Love-- taking up your cross also means being willing to love others, which really isn't that frightening of a task~~

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

7 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings everseeking,,,,,

Welcome to Worthy,,,,,,not to contradict my Sister Rusty but if you are not a Christian then you will not have access to the "Inner Court" where the Q & A Forum is located,,,,,,,this Forum is for "Seekers" ,unbelievers & guest that are not Christian,as well as the other Outer Court Forums,,,,,,,however,if you are a Chritian & have posted here inappropriately because it was unclear to you then after you have 5 post I encourage you to copy/psste your OP & place it in "Need Advice" which is the Proper Place & you will get the most responses,,,,,,,,

So here is the question,,,,,,,,,,are you a Christian?Who is Jesus to you?  Christianity is a RELATIONSHIP with Jesus,,,,,,God the Father,God the Son & God the Holy Spirit,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,through our Faith in the knowledge of WHO Jesus is we Receive the GRACE of God,being reconciled back to Him through Jesus,,,,,,,,,,,

In true Relationship there is a "renewing of the mind" where we become New Creatures in Christ Jesus,,,,,,this comes by submitting(foresaking)self & surrendering to Jesus Lordship,,,,,,the more we let go of "self" the more we can have access to the Heart & Mind of Jesus by the indwelling of His Holy Spirit,,,,,,there are no mental health issues with jesus Mind,,,,,,,,,you must "renew your mind" to take on His,,,,,,this comes by communicating with Him through Gods Word(the Living Word),,,,,,fill your thoughts with Gods Truth,pray,praise,worship,glorify,give Him your heart & seek Him,to be near Him,,,,,,,,our Redeemer Lives!!!!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

I"m sorry my sister Kwik is right.  I did make a mistake in what I said.  I'm really very sorry.