IGNORED

Who would have thought ? The apostle Peter was a back slider.

HAZARD

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Matthew 10:33, But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Peter was afraid, he was weak, he backslid he lied three times. He cursed and swore saying he did not know Jesus.

Matthew 26:69, Now Peter sat without in the palace: and a damsel came unto him, saying, Thou also wast with Jesus of Galilee.

70, But he denied before them all, saying, I know not what thou sayest.

71, And when he was gone out into the porch, another maid saw him, and said unto them that were there, This fellow was also with Jesus of Nazareth.

72, And again he denied with an oath, I do not know the man.

73, And after a while came unto him they that stood by, and said to Peter, Surely thou also art one of them; for thy speech bewrayeth thee.

74, Then began he to curse and to swear, saying, I know not the man. And immediately the cock crew.

Thankfully for Peter, he repented and was forgiven.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/30/2016 at 0:10 AM, johnc5055 said:

I once heard a pastor refer to him as "ready, fire, aim Peter". I thought that was hilarious. I am grateful that God uses flawed people; I fit right in!

That's hilarious... I know a few people like that, myself included. My big mouth is always getting me into trouble.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

It's interesting though how Peter, called by Jesus as 'My rock' was an easily swayed person, not the sort of guy you would think the Son of God would choose for his main disciple.

So that makes me think why would Jesus choose him at all? God does nothing without a reason, and I think it's because if Jesus had a perfect disciple, what help would that be to the rest of us? A perfect follower wouldn't be relate-able in my mind, so Jesus instead chose a human being with all faults and flaws of humanity, as a sign that even a sinner who denied the Son of God could repent and be restored to His presence.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 3:05 PM, HAZARD said:

Matthew 10:33, But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Peter was afraid, he was weak, he backslid he lied three times. He cursed and swore saying he did not know Jesus.

Matthew 26:69, Now Peter sat without in the palace: and a damsel came unto him, saying, Thou also wast with Jesus of Galilee.

70, But he denied before them all, saying, I know not what thou sayest.

71, And when he was gone out into the porch, another maid saw him, and said unto them that were there, This fellow was also with Jesus of Nazareth.

73, And after a while came unto him they that stood by, and said to Peter, Surely thou also art one of them; for thy speech bewrayeth thee.

74, Then began he to curse and to swear, saying, I know not the man. And immediately the cock crew.

Thankfully for Peter, he repented and was forgiven.

Why would you place believers back under the law. The gospel is of faith and grace, not law.

• Praise God! 1

15 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Why would you place believers back under the law. The gospel is of faith and grace, not law.

I did not and No, I would not, and I have not. I merely showed that Peter, even though he was chosen by Jesus, and he spent much time with Jesus, learning and seeing His miracles still backslid. And I also said, fortunately he repented, nothing more.

Don't read more into what I have said than what I said.

6 hours ago, HAZARD said:

I did not and No, I would not, and I have not. I merely showed that Peter, even though he was chosen by Jesus, and he spent much time with Jesus, learning and seeing His miracles still backslid. And I also said, fortunately he repented, nothing more.

Don't read more into what I have said than what I said.

If you're non-osas, isn't that what you're doing. - Heb

18 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:

If you're non-osas, isn't that what you're doing. - Heb

Do you truly believe that a saved person, which Peter was, would continue to be saved after cursing and swearing, on oath (V. 72 and 74),  before men, in public,  denying Jesus three times, unless he repented, really? If so, then Jesus told a lie as well when He said;

Matthew 10:33,  But whosoever shall deny me BEFORE MEN, him will I DENY BEFORE MY FATHER which is in heaven.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Matthew 26:71, And when he was gone out into the porch, another maid saw him, and said unto them that were there, This fellow was also with Jesus of Nazareth.
    75, And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.

It was here that Peter repented. "And he went out, and wept bitterly."

8 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Do you truly believe that a saved person, which Peter was, would continue to be saved after cursing and swearing, on oath (V. 72 and 74),  before men, in public,  denying Jesus three times, unless he repented, really? If so, then Jesus told a lie as well when He said;

This event occurred before resurrection, before Pentecost and before the seal of God Eph 1:13-14. Jesus hadn't died for the sins of the world yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, Heb 13:8 said:

This event occurred before resurrection, before Pentecost and before the seal of God Eph 1:13-14. Jesus hadn't died for the sins of the world yet.

Didn't God say all who sin, all sinners will die, long before Jesus came to the Earth?

Ezekiel 18:4, Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Ezekiel 18:21, But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

Sinners went to hell long before Jesus's day, the righteous went to paradise, until Jesus came and took them to Heaven after His death and resurrection. Ephesians 4:8, Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

Luke 16:24-26, And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. 

V. 25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

V. 26, And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

5 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Didn't God say all who sin, all sinners will die, long before Jesus came to the Earth?

Ezekiel 18:4, Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Ezekiel 18:21, But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

Sinners went to hell long before Jesus's day, the righteous went to paradise, until Jesus came and took them to Heaven after His death and resurrection. Ephesians 4:8, Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

Luke 16:24-26, And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. 

V. 25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

V. 26, And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

We're all gonna sin until we die. If you're right nobody would make it to heaven. Right?

• Brilliant! 1