IGNORED

Who would have thought ? The apostle Peter was a back slider.

HAZARD

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

37 minutes ago, Heb 13:8 said:

We're all gonna sin until we die. If you're right nobody would make it to heaven. Right?

I never said that at all? God said the soul that sins it shall die. Jesus said deny me in public, I will deny you before my father. Lazarus was in paradise, the rich man was in tartarus. Once we are saved we are saved. But,

IF WE REUTRN TO SIN, STAY IN SIN, AND FAIL TO REPENT, GUESS WHAT? GOD MEANS WHAT HE SAYS WHEN HE SAYS WHAT HE MEANS.

I'm saved, baptised, born again, if I become fearful and stay fearful, murder someone and fail to repent, continually tell lies start to doubt and fail to repent? I have met believers who started doubting God because they lost a child saying, "If God existed he would not have taken my child," Continue to do these things and fail to repent, one is lost, end of story.

Revelation 21:8, But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Exodus 32:33, And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.

Revelation 20:15, And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation  21:27, And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Revelation 3:5, He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Can you show me one Scripture which states, Any born again believers, who return to sin and stay in sin, failing to repent shall be saved and will enter Heaven anyway?  Non repenting sinners will be saved because they were once saved?

Guest BacKaran

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Eph 1:13-14 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession--to the praise of his glory.

Imho, the apostles were born again at Pentecost for after the Holy Spirit indwelt them then they became bold and spoke like the educated priests who were shocked to hear uneducated fishermen speak Truth.

6 minutes ago, BacKaran said:

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Eph 1:13-14 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession--to the praise of his glory.

Imho, the apostles were born again at Pentecost for after the Holy Spirit indwelt them then they became bold and spoke like the educated priests who were shocked to hear uneducated fishermen speak Truth.

Yes, the apostles were all saved including Judas, who's name was removed from the book of life because of transgression, un-repented sin,

He fell from what? From his apostleship, his name was removed from the book of life

Acts 1:17, For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry. (Judas was a part of Christs ministry).

Acts 1:25, That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place. (Judas fell from his ministry).

Acts 1:26, And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.57

6 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

I never said that at all? God said the soul that sins it shall die. Jesus said deny me in public, I will deny you before my father. Lazarus was in paradise, the rich man was in tartarus. Once we are saved we are saved. But,

IF WE REUTRN TO SIN, STAY IN SIN, AND FAIL TO REPENT, GUESS WHAT? GOD MEANS WHAT HE SAYS WHEN HE SAYS WHAT HE MEANS.

Why would a believer continue in sin if the seed of God remains in them forever. Wouldn't that make you the accuser of the brethren. Thank you. - Heb

1 John 3:9 NIV No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

2 John 1:2 NIV because of the truth, which lives in us and will be with us forever:

1 Pet 1:23 NIV For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

Rev 12:10-11 NIV Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: “Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Messiah. For the accuser of our brothers and sisters, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down. 11They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.

4 minutes ago, BacKaran said:

Good post. It's not about how smart we are, it's about belief in who Jesus is. So many people wanna save themselves. :)

• Praise God! 1

3 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Yes, the apostles were all saved including Judas, who's name was removed from the book of life because of transgression, un-repented sin,

He fell from what? From his apostleship, his name was removed from the book of life

Acts 1:17, For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry. (Judas was a part of Christs ministry).

Acts 1:25, That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place. (Judas fell from his ministry).

Acts 1:26, And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.

Judas existed before resurrection, Pentecost and the seal of God.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Jesus Himself spoke this parable.

Luke 15:11-32

Then He said: “A certain man had two sons. And the younger of them said to his father, ‘Father, give me the portion of goods that falls to me.’ So he divided to them his livelihood. And not many days after, the younger son gathered all together, journeyed to a far country, and there wasted his possessions with prodigal living. But when he had spent all, there arose a severe famine in that land, and he began to be in want. Then he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country, and he sent him into his fields to feed swine. And he would gladly have filled his stomach with the pods that the swine ate, and no one gave him anything.

“But when he came to himself, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger! I will arise and go to my father, and will say to him, “Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you, and I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Make me like one of your hired servants.”’

“And he arose and came to his father. But when he was still a great way off, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him. And the son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and in your sight, and am no longer worthy to be called your son.’

“But the father said to his servants, ‘Bring out the best robe and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand and sandals on his feet. And bring the fatted calf here and kill it, and let us eat and be merry; for this my son was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ And they began to be merry.

“Now his older son was in the field. And as he came and drew near to the house, he heard music and dancing. So he called one of the servants and asked what these things meant. And he said to him, ‘Your brother has come, and because he has received him safe and sound, your father has killed the fatted calf.’

“But he was angry and would not go in. Therefore his father came out and pleaded with him. So he answered and said to his father, ‘Lo, these many years I have been serving you; I never transgressed your commandment at any time; and yet you never gave me a young goat, that I might make merry with my friends. But as soon as this son of yours came, who has devoured your livelihood with harlots, you killed the fatted calf for him.’

“And he said to him, ‘Son, you are always with me, and all that I have is yours. It was right that we should make merry and be glad, for your brother was dead and is alive again, and was lost and is found.’”

Notice that Jesus said "is alive again", which indicated he was alive before he turned away and entered into death.

8 minutes ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Why would a believer continue in sin if the seed of God remains in them forever. Wouldn't that make you the accuser of the brethren. Thank you. - Heb

1 John 3:9 NIV No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

2 John 1:2 NIV because of the truth, which lives in us and will be with us forever:

1 Pet 1:23 NIV For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

Rev 12:10-11 NIV Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: “Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Messiah. For the accuser of our brothers and sisters, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down. 11They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.

Good post. It's not about how smart we are, it's about belief in who Jesus is. So many people wanna save themselves. :)

Not I, no one can save themselves or anyone else.

11 minutes ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Judas existed before resurrection, Pentecost and the seal of God.

So did Peter who cursed out and denied Christ three times. Fortunately he repented, Judas felt sorry for himself and what he had done and hanged himself and was lost.

1 minute ago, HAZARD said:

Not I, no one can save themselves or anyone else.

says the one who goes to hell if you don't repent. don't you know by now, the law can't save you. only the blood of Jesus.