IGNORED

Who would have thought ? The apostle Peter was a back slider.

HAZARD

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

So did Peter who cursed out and denied Christ three times. Fortunately he repented, Judas felt sorry for himself and what he had done and hanged himself and was lost.

You're missing the point Hazard. Jesus died for the sins of the whole world. It is finished.

• This is Worthy 1

5 minutes ago, Teditis said:

Some people study Bible commentaries more than they study the Bible... or it would appear that way.

Jesus first, bible second. Salvation first, study second.

17 minutes ago, OneLight said:

“And he said to him, ‘Son, you are always with me, and all that I have is yours. It was right that we should make merry and be glad, for your brother was dead and is alive again, and was lost and is found.’”

Notice that Jesus said "is alive again", which indicated he was alive before he turned away and entered into death.

Underline: The lost only pertains to nonbelievers that haven't reached salvation in Christ. That's why you shouldn't use parables to prove historical facts.

Luke 19:9-10 NIV Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. 10For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”

John 6:39-40 NIV 39And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

John 17:12 NIV While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.

John 18:8-9 NIV Jesus answered, “I told you that I am he. If you are looking for me, then let these men go.” 9This happened so that the words he had spoken would be fulfilled: “I have not lost one of those you gave me.”

1 Cor 15:12-19 NIV But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. 14And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. 15More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised. 16For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either. 17And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. 18Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost. 19If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

15 minutes ago, Heb 13:8 said:

says the one who goes to hell if you don't repent. don't you know by now, the law can't save you. only the blood of Jesus.

This thread is about peter who backslid, not OSAS, but seeing your making it personal because you cant dispute the fact that sinners do not go to Heaven if they return to sin and fail to repent.

Stop making excuses and get with the Biblical facts;

Peter was a saved chosen disciple of Jesus Christ, but when the pressure was applied Peter did backslide, but fortunately for him, he repented.

1. In verse Matt. 26:33;  .  .  .  .  .  Pr. 16:18, he boasted. . . . . . . . That's sin.

2. Made Christ a lier (v 33-35) . . . . . . . . That's also sin.

3. Slept instead of praying (v 40). Jesus asked His disciples to pray with him yet they, including Peter slept.

4. Failed to moritify the flesh (v 41). . . . . . . . Sin.

5. Relied on the arm of flesh (v 51) . . . . . . Sin.

6. Forsook Christ and fled (v 56) . . . . . . . Sin.

7. Followed afar off (v 58) . . . . . . Coward.

8. Sat with the Lords enemies (v 58) . . . . . . sin.

9. Gave up hope-discouraged (v 58) . . . . . . . Fearful, Sin.

10. became afraid of men (v 69-74). . . . . . . . Fearsome, Sin.

11. Lied (v 69-74). . . . . . . . Sin.

12 Cursed (v 69-74). . . . . . . . . Sin.

In Matt. 26:58; "But Peter followed him afar off unto the high priest's palace, and went in, and sat with the servants, to see the end.". . . . . . . .Cowardly, Sin.

Fortunately unlike Judas who hung himself, Peter repented and was forgiven by god.

Jesus had predicted his backsliding and re-conversion (Luke 22:31-34). . . . . . . . Peter repented of all his sins and was again saved.

Just now, HAZARD said:

This thread is about peter who backslid, not OSAS, but seeing your making it personal because you cant dispute the fact that sinners do not go to Heaven if they return to sin and fail to repent.

Stop making excuses and get with the Biblical facts;

Again, you're accusing the brethren of not repenting. How can he continue sinning when the seed of God never leaves him. Stop accusing the brethren and get with the Biblical facts. - Heb

23 minutes ago, Heb 13:8 said:

You're missing the point Hazard. Jesus died for the sins of the whole world. It is finished.

No I'm not. Jesus died for the whole world for sure, for those who turn to Him AND REMAIN IN HIM, and even those who do not believe, but He still died for those, just in case they do!

The Bible states that Hell will be full of unrepentant sinners and the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Just now, HAZARD said:

No I'm not. Jesus died for the whole world for sure, for those who turn to Him AND REMAIN IN HIM, and even those who do not believe, but He still died for those, just in case they do!

The Bible states that Hell will be full of unrepentant sinners and the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

You add hell into your belief, thus you are the accuser. The accuser is the spirit of the antichrist.

1 minute ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Again, you're accusing the brethren of not repenting. How can he continue sinning when the seed of God never leaves him. Stop accusing the brethren and get with the Biblical facts. - Heb

I AM NOT ACCUSING ANYONE, ESPECIALLY ANY BRETHERN? Who said, or where in the Bible does it say the seed of God never left Peter or anyone else for that matter when one commits sin?

Did the seed of God stay with Peter when he cursed and swore "I KNOW NOT THE MAN," three times? If it did not, why did Peter weep bitterly if he had noting to be afraid of?

6 minutes ago, Heb 13:8 said:

uYou add hell into your belief, thus you are the accuser. The accuser is the spirit of the antichrist.

I'm reporting your post accusing me of being the antichrist.

Plus, your this post shoots down you argument, I'm baptized, born again, saved, now yor saying I'm the accuser, the antichrist, So will I still go to Heaven when I die? According to your OSAS stance I will?

4 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

I AM NOT ACCUSING ANYONE, ESPECIALLY ANY BRETHERN? Who said, or where in the Bible does it say the seed of God never left Peter or anyone else for that matter when one commits sin?

Did the seed of God stay with Peter when he cursed and swore "I KNOW NOT THE MAN," three times? If it did not, why did Peter weep bitterly if he had noting to be afraid of?

The seed of God exists because of resurrection, after the OT. The Gospel of faith Hazard.