angels4u

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

I'm considering that the Holy Spirit is not a possession of the Father but is separate and working in unity with

Simply because the process of creation is from the Fathers will, through the Holy Spirit to the Son.

Jesus asks the Father to now share His will through the Holy Spirit to us as new sons (and daughters) who then do His will on earth.....(or should)

Edited by Mike 2

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

I agree with what the article says. And I think we can find more, in the scriptures. 

For example > "God is love" (1 John 4:8&16). I would say that the one substance of the Trinity has to do with how God is love. Among other things, we have >

"rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." (1 Peter 3:4)

So, if our Heavenly Father is so pleased with the "incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit", I would say God in His love is gentle and quiet. And this can have a practical meaning, while we are at it > God is never silent, but quiet; so we are wise to be quiet in order to share with Him and communicate personally with Him. Quiet includes how "There is no fear in love" (in 1 John 4:18). Fear is noisy, against our sharing with and submitting to God. So, it is good to know what is true about the one substance of God, so we share with Him in this, in His love.

And love is personal, not just a nice feeling. God is conscious and feeling; so we do experience, in His love, how He is personal with us and kind and caring, but quiet, not only giving us some rush of pleasure, but being personal. 

We have three Persons . . . of this love > our Father, His Son, and the Holy Spirit. And these first two Persons have names of Family Persons. God is the Supreme Being of Family caring and sharing love, then, I would consider. There is more than one Person in Family loving. 

And man was made in God's image, and man is a family being of three basic persons > father, child, mother > like to Father, Son, Holy Spirit. So, there are different scriptures which I think can give us more about the Trinity. We learn more as we grow.

But the Holy Spirit is not called the Mother or Wife. Why? He is called "He". Why? He is personal, in any case. And the Holy Spirit shares God's own love with us > Romans  5:5. I consider that only God can be the Spirit of His own love; so this helps confirm that the Holy Spirit is God . . . therefore He is love - - - He is a Person and personal in love. So, certainly He is not a force; love is not just a force!!!! But lust can be a forcing thing, driving us; but love is gentle and quiet and personally caring and sharing in God's Family way. 

Now, I consider how the Holy Spirit does adopt and care for children of God; this is what a Mother does. And the Holy Spirit prepares us the Bride Church for our Groom Jesus > again, bridal preparation is what Mom does. But the  Holy Spirit is not called "She" or "Mother", but "He" > because all Persons are strong in almighty power, plus, really, in God there is not male or female. "He" confirms, then, how They are of the same one substance. And we see how the Holy Spirit had Paul, Silvanus, and Timothy relating "as a nursing mother cherishes her own children", and they say "we exhorted, and comforted, and charged every one of you, as a father does his own children." (see 1 Thessalonians 7&11) So, in the Holy Spirit's love . . . God's love . . . there is the best of how both a mother and a father care for their children. So, in Jesus we also are, really, not male or female but we can relate in the best of how a father and a mother can relate. Moms and Dads are created from the same God who is love, and so we can be both fatherly and motherly, and we see how two family persons can come from the same one love. And children can come from this love, so there can be three persons of the same one love.

So I think there is the love meaning of the Trinity, which we learn and grow in.

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/29/1962

I think a better question would be IS THE BELIEF IN THE TRINITY DOCTRINE ESSENTIAL TO OUR SALVATION?

• 5 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

On 5/19/2016 at 9:24 PM, angels4u said:

LATELY WE HAVE SO MANY PEOPLE IN THE FORUM WHO HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION OF THE TRINITY AND DO NOT BELIELIEVE IN THE TRINITY, THIS ARTICLE EXPLAINS VERY GOOD WHAT THE TRINITY IS .

http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/what-is-the-doctrine-of-the-trinity

Hey angels4u! ?

Thank God for using u, this article, and this worthyforum..

..been asking lately about the Holy Trinity..

..answered..

Glory to God! ?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

On 5/20/2016 at 6:19 AM, Guest shiloh357 said:

Ezra hits on an important point that can't be over-stated.  The Trinity is a mystery.

Here is a Thread on it.

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/236140-how-to-understand-the-trinity/

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

3 minutes ago, Behold said:
On 5/20/2016 at 4:19 AM, Guest shiloh357 said:

Ezra hits on an important point that can't be over-stated.  The Trinity is a mystery.

A mystery is something that has not been uncovered or revealed.

Well that is what we think in modern English. but in the Greek that the New Testament was written in, a msystery is a bit different:

Stongs: a mystery, secret, of which initiation is necessary; in the NT: the counsels of God, once hidden but now revealed in the Gospel or some fact thereof; the Christian revelation generally; particular truths or details of the Christian revelation.

So yes, the Trinity is a mystery, since the one God existing in eternity as three persons, has been revealed. We may not understand it fully, but we do not need to understand it. We only need to accept what God has said, and realize that for us to understand God fully, is like an ant trying to understand calculus.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Well that is what we think in modern English. but in the Greek that the New Testament was written in, a msystery is a bit different:

Stongs: a mystery, secret, of which initiation is necessary; in the NT: the counsels of God, once hidden but now revealed in the Gospel or some fact thereof; the Christian revelation generally; particular truths or details of the Christian revelation.

So yes, the Trinity is a mystery, since the one God existing in eternity as three persons, has been revealed. We may not understand it fully, but we do not need to understand it. We only need to accept what God has said, and realize that for us to understand God fully, is like an ant trying to understand calculus.

y

es, the Trinity is a mystery, since the one God existing in eternity as three persons, has been revealed.

It's indeed a revealed mystery, and isn't it amazing how God worked this all out? We're covered from all sides :)

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom all,

Keep in mind that the Holy Spirit may have a seven-fold attribute, see  Isa 11:2-3, Rev 1:4.,Rev 3:1, Rev 4:5 and Rev 5:6.  Therefore, whilst saying Trinity isn't incorrect, such man-made titles, for it's not in the Bible, may actually hinder our own understanding.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not saying that using the word Trinity is wrong, so don't worry.  Rather, I'm saying that the word 'Trinity' might only serve to limit our understanding of Yahweh, as He is described in the Bible.  It's wiser to use the terminology as it is found in the Bible (in the original language ideally) which can only help to open our minds and define our views correctly.

Again, I'm not having a dig at people that use the word Trinity.  I've used it many times before as, in some ways, the word is apt.  But I think the actual truth is something far more wonderful and mysterious than a man-made title can describe.  

Love & Shalom

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

A person will never understand the teaching and concept of the trinity without one important factor. The indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Because it is He who reveals this to us. Yes the bible teaches that there is only one God. God is in heaven and man is on earth so our understanding of him and all he is. . . is limited. No matter how smart we humans are; we can never fully understand it because we are earthly humans who are talking about heavenly things. Colossians 2:9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form. This is to mean and say Jesus is fully man and fully God at the same time. God is a trinity of persons consisting of one substance and one essence but only ONE God. These verses speak of the trinity.

1 Corinthians 2:14 The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned 

John 10:30 I and the Father are one

Isaiah 48: 16 – 17 "Come near me and listen to this: "From the first announcement I have not spoken in secret; at the time it happens, I am there." And now the Sovereign LORD has sent me, endowed with his Spirit. This is what the LORD says-- your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.

Matthew 3;16 - 17 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."

Matthew 28: 18-19 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

John 14:24-26 These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me. All this I have spoken while still with you. But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

Hebrews 1: 1-3 In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Shalom all,

Keep in mind that the Holy Spirit may have a seven-fold attribute, see  Isa 11:2-3, Rev 1:4.,Rev 3:1, Rev 4:5 and Rev 5:6.  Therefore, whilst saying Trinity isn't incorrect, such man-made titles, for it's not in the Bible, may actually hinder our own understanding.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not saying that using the word Trinity is wrong, so don't worry.  Rather, I'm saying that the word 'Trinity' might only serve to limit our understanding of Yahweh, as He is described in the Bible.  It's wiser to use the terminology as it is found in the Bible (in the original language ideally) which can only help to open our minds and define our views correctly.

Again, I'm not having a dig at people that use the word Trinity.  I've used it many times before as, in some ways, the word is apt.  But I think the actual truth is something far more wonderful and mysterious than a man-made title can describe.  

Love & Shalom

Again, I'm not having a dig at people that use the word Trinity. 

May I ask if you believe that Jesus and the Holy Spirit are God indeed?