• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,157
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

OO this is answer to your question of what I wrote:
Here is your error in this statement- it is one of focus and is common to all and only the understanding of what I have written above flows into the acceptance
of not so a puppet.... your view is not as it should be because it is centered upon 1st creation which in Christ has been made null and void when His Word has
accomplished It's purpose here! It is in the eternal past that we were before sin in Him and in the eternal future after sin is put away in Him... the elect of Him
through foreknowledge undefined...

This world we were born into was given control to satan- in system (way of living) ... we are also without internal influence of God's Spirit through progeny
in Adam ( in the day you eat you shall surely die)... this the first creation after fall; As no one can address 1st creation before fall~ for all are born with the
disruption of sin nature where everything is only of self centered thought and motive.... to be solely based on the hermeneutic of Gen 1:1 'In The Beginning'
the >the< articulates through time to the more advanced form of communication Greek to which the definite article speaks so loudly that of reference to all
that has beginning summarizing all that is created of God in those three Words... to believe there is more past the begin is to invite the adding to of Scripture
and the Revelation of warning Rev 22 not to do so.... or else plagues in life. I know that is supposition upon my part but I believe it will be found to be substantiated
within study of Scripture and what creation entailed! This is what I mean 1st creation and to made null and void is the work Jesus has done on the Cross; For I am
now delivered from my self centered being yet still wrapped in a flesh that desires only self fulfillment and is made null and void by living in the power of The
Holy Spirit within- I can deny myself daily and live for my Beautiful Lord and Savior Jesus: it is with difficulty and suffering due to sacrifice of living among beings
that only want to take and take and take.... and never have found the fulfilling joy of giving without expecting return in the giving...  However prayer for them during
this is powerful as I watch God manipulate their hearts to the why I am as I am...
When I say it is The Lord within me they are left with the quandary 'what is he talking about' .... so being brought into use with God to draw men to Himself I
am change into everlasting worth by denial of something I could never have kept anyway = leaving me stupefied with the faith given to me from His Word...
This Heart is with God at His Son's Presence Col 3
The warfare tools to get there:
Mt 6:4
4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.
KJV

this is the reward to have this heart set free from this present system and thought:
When the first created substance becomes the value that it is in The Heart of The Lord Who 'when Word accomplished'
in it burns it completely and eternally up so that it is no more~ we have arived at the question an proding of Peter
2 Pe 3:10-11
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a
great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
KJV

we now are brought into the renewed mind where are value system is no longer under the control of lucifer and we are set free to no longer consider the cost for there is none ...
Herein now we are made able through the power of the Word to Spiritually be able to do this fully without regard
 Mt 6:3
3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:
KJV

the bottom line to this accomplishment is the heart so removed from this 1st born influence and thinking ->toward the realities we have
presently with Him in Heaven right now... Paul regarded in this referenced place we are speaking  of as giving up dung :blink:  to gain of companioned thought with God...
Love, Steven 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

1 hour ago, angels4u said:

Sorry, I posted the wrong verse, this is the one I meant:

Now the Spirit expressly states that in later times some will abandon the faith to follow deceitful spirits and the teachings of demons,2influenced by the hypocrisy of liars, whose consciences are seared with a hot iron.…

Who will abandon the faith ?

They were not of us loved one 1Jn 2:19... to be of Christ Peter here gives as example of this meaning

Jn 6:68
68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

KJV
Remembering in context Jesus was speaking of eating His Flesh and Drinking His blood so that many were
offended and left from following ... so much so Jesus ask His disciples if they were also going to leave; this
the saving faith of God in Peter's reply back to Jesus!

1 hour ago, bopeep1909 said:

Matthew 24:24

For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.”

Doesn't this have to do with how many will fall away from the truth during the end times?

Yes I fear for those I see this so predominate in.... so many, so very many! There is this truth formed from Scripture in
dealing with the Holiness of God ~ how that He 'IS' so set apart from sin that it is an empty set of creative aspect (has no part with God eternally)...
Yet these people desiring signs are basically demanding a Holy God to pass through their sensual verifications: the very same senses that they daily
sin with in blasphemous tones and overtures they themselves do not even see... this I believe is what Jesus is speaking of here
Matthew 12:39
39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:
KJV
Matthew 16:4
4 A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.
KJV

Love, Steven

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

I expect to be doing a series of webpages that are primarily set up as follows:

One page for each of the 5 points (of Calvinism)

On each page, a series of questions or things to ponder, as you read verses, and of course verse addresses for those questions.

For each verse address (if your viewing device supports the feature), hovering your mouse cursor over the address, will pop up a preview of the verse, and clicking the address, will take you to it's greater context.

No real commentary, just Bible and suggested ideas to consider as your read the verses and form your own conclusion. This is designed for those who are interested in independent study, not being spoon fed with interpretations of others. I hope you enjoy and learn. Those of us with our own headstrong opinions and preconceived conclusions, will not find this that helpful. Of course, there is a prejudice even in these pages, as the verses selected, are selected to highlight specific ideas, the ideas of the T.U.L.I.P.

The first of the series is here.

Just as an observation/side-note/question:

Does it seem to anyone else, that the open minded ones in this thread, so far, seem to be female, while the arrogant pigheaded ones of us, seem to be male?

One last thing . . . if there are any versions snobs, who need the popups in their preferred version, let me know, I may be able to accommodate you.

Thanks!

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

17 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I expect to be doing a series of webpages that are primarily set up as follows:

One page for each of the 5 points (of Calvinism)

On each page, a series of questions or things to ponder, as you read verses, and of course verse addresses for those questions.

For each verse address (if your viewing device supports the feature), hovering your mouse cursor over the address, will pop up a preview of the verse, and clicking the address, will take you to it's greater context.

No real commentary, just Bible and suggested ideas to consider as your read the verses and form your own conclusion. This is designed for those who are interested in independent study, not being spoon fed with interpretations of others. I hope you enjoy and learn. Those of us with our own headstrong opinions and preconceived conclusions, will not find this that helpful. Of course, there is a prejudice even in these pages, as the verses selected, are selected to highlight specific ideas, the ideas of the T.U.L.I.P.

The first of the series is here.

Just as an observation/side-note/question:

Does it seem to anyone else, that the open minded ones in this thread, so far, seem to be female, while the arrogant pigheaded ones of us, seem to be male?

One last thing . . . if there are any versions snobs, who need the popups in their preferred version, let me know, I may be able to accommodate you.

Thanks!

You said :Does it seem to anyone else, that the open minded ones in this thread, so far, seem to be female, while the arrogant pigheaded ones of us, seem to be male?

Well, isn't that usually the case lol ?:sarc:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

1 hour ago, angels4u said:

You said :Does it seem to anyone else, that the open minded ones in this thread, so far, seem to be female, while the arrogant pigheaded ones of us, seem to be male?

Well, isn't that usually the case lol ?:sarc:

I do not know, I have insufficient date to arrive at or reject that conclusion.

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

On 5/30/2016 at 1:24 PM, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I do not know, I have insufficient date to arrive at or reject that conclusion.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/21/2016 at 4:12 PM, Ezra said:

The Five Points of Calvinism (rejected by Arminians) are:

T = Total Depravity (for the Calvinist total inability, and is where Calvinists reject free will).

U = Unconditional Election (the elect predestined for Heaven, others for Hell)

L = Limited Atonement (Christ died only for the elect)

I = Irresistible Grace (the elect cannot help getting saved)

P =Perseverance of the Saints (the elect cannot lose their salvation)

Personally, I believe that Calvinism is false doctrine, since it distorts Bible Truth.  At the same time, I do not consider myself an Arminian, but a Biblicist.

If you are not a Calvinist how can you be completely assured of your salvation? 

If you are not a Calvinist then you believe that you can loose your salvation so how do you know that you will not?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

4 hours ago, DARRELX said:

If you are not a Calvinist how can you be completely assured of your salvation? 

One does not have to be a Calvinist to believe the Bible.

4 hours ago, DARRELX said:

If you are not a Calvinist then you believe that you can loose your salvation so how do you know that you will not?

Only some non-Calvinists believe they can lose their salvation.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, Ezra said:

One does not have to be a Calvinist to believe the Bible.

Only some non-Calvinists believe they can lose their salvation.

Of course an Armenian does believe you can lose your salvation and so cannot be certain of their salvation. 

A TULIP Calvinist is assured of their Salvation and is based on John chapter 6 especially...

6:28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?  

6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.  

6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.  

6:36 But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.

6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.  

6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.  

6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.  

6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.  

6:64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.  

6:65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.  

6:66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.  

6:67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?  

6:68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

6:69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.  

6:70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

Even if a Christian could loose their salvation it would have to be something terribly drastic and ongoing.

Armenian's focus heavily on ones own works to maintain salvation and forget that the Christian has a great high priest who can sympathies with our weaknesses. HEBREWS 4:15 and that if anyone sin we have this great high priests advocacy. 1 JOHN 2:1 and that this great high priest will also seek after any wondering sheep to bring them back to the fold as a good Shepard in charge of His Fathers sheep would. LUKE 15:4 and JOHN 18:9 

So even if a Christian can loose their salvation it would not be suddenly or easy to do so but would only be a rare thing if at all. 

But I believe that Jesus will not loose all that are given to Him simply because it is His Fathers will that He loose none and Jesus is not a slacker. 

Armenian's seem to look to themselves rather then Christ. 

If our hope is in ourselves we are sure to fail but if it is in Christ how can we fail?

Edited by DARRELX