• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Who's eligible?

All people with Part B are covered if Medicare finds that the services are medically reasonable and necessary. Medicare will pay its share for therapy services until the total amounts paid by both you and Medicare reaches either one of the therapy cap limits. Amounts paid by you may include costs like thedeductible and coinsurance.

Your costs in Original Medicare

You pay 20% of the Medicare-approved amount, and the Part B deductible                                    from Medicare.gov

You say you are below poverty level which entitles you to also be eligible for the remaining 20%(plus your monthly ins cost(usually $100.00 est. for Medicare Cov),through the "medicaid" in your State,,,,,,,,eg: Florida has "medicaid",,,,California has "Medical" etc,,,,,

I can offer this information to you as a recipient who has qualified ,,,,,,,,,,,,even chemotherapy in itself is not considered a "medical emergency or necessity) until it is submitted as such by your physician(imagine that?)

Go directly to Medicare for accurate information,they can also tell you information regarding your secondary insurance(Sta,,,,,the Dept of Social Security Administration is very helpful in directing you to the proper resources to assist you too,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I know quite a few people who found themselves "stranded" without transportation & with a little time & effort it is available one way or another ,,,,,there are many many Christian Organizations,"First Call for Help",Catholic sponsored etc,,,,, especially up North to assist Disabled People,,,,,,,,,you can begin by finding out the Elderly Advocate in your "district",,,,,,,perhaps you call it town,precinct,city???? the Police Dept is likely to point you in the right direction for Advocacy,,,,,,,,,

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I'm glad you are feeling better than you were on Friday.  How did you do today?

• 10 months later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 5/21/2016 at 9:01 PM, Kan said:

"On 5/21/2016 at 4:18 PM, JTC said: 

On the very rare occasions when I have had someone to speak to, even for 1 hour or so, I start to feel better fast."

Yes,  similarly in the past a lot of people have said they (or others they know or heard of) sometimes go to ER just to talk to someone they are so lonely (and perhaps depressed).

When they can find someone who has been through (and been healed) what they are going through, that helps even moreso.

Support groups all over the country (usa) have helped countless thousands find a way through in times of distress,  and often a way of recovery.  (without drugs, since the [good] support groups are common, honest people often just 'surviving',  with good testimonies from their own healing time)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

19 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Yes,  similarly in the past a lot of people have said they (or others they know or heard of) sometimes go to ER just to talk to someone they are so lonely (and perhaps depressed).

When they can find someone who has been through (and been healed) what they are going through, that helps even moreso.

Support groups all over the country (usa) have helped countless thousands find a way through in times of distress,  and often a way of recovery.  (without drugs, since the [good] support groups are common, honest people often just 'surviving',  with good testimonies from their own healing time)

I agree that support groups can be good. Some aren't if they're full of people who aren't just depressed but they gave up. 16 yrs ago I went to several bereavement groups and only 1 was slightly helpful. But in general a support group should be good. The problem for me is I can't get to them. I live in an area where a car is a necessity. I don't mean you can't survive without a car, I've been without a car 6 yrs now and I'm still alive. I'm surviving but that's all I'm doing is surviving, I'm not living any kind of life anymore. I never had a great life as it was but compared to now I had a rather good life at various times over the years. But what made those years good were the people I shared my life with. That came to an end and I haven't been able to change it. It's so weird it's unnatural. 

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hi JTC

I agree with Kwikphilly.  Jesus loves you and I recognise that what she is saying is in absolute love.  I know you have suffered so much.  I have a lot of pain in my body too, but I believe Jesus took that on the cross for me.  You have a lot of friends here who care so much about you, bro.  Now you have a doctor talking to you.  Praise the Lord for all the advice you have been receiving, and about Medicare too.  We are all brothers and sisters and, because we are of the same body, when one member of the body hurts, other members hurt with that one in empathy.  I don't know if anything I ever say helps you, but maybe what we all say will help somehow.  We will continue to pray for you bro.  In Jesus' precious name, God bless you. 

4 hours ago, SisterActs2 said:

Hi JTC

I agree with Kwikphilly.  Jesus loves you and I recognise that what she is saying is in absolute love.  I know you have suffered so much.  I have a lot of pain in my body too, but I believe Jesus took that on the cross for me.  You have a lot of friends here who care so much about you, bro.  Now you have a doctor talking to you.  Praise the Lord for all the advice you have been receiving, and about Medicare too.  We are all brothers and sisters and, because we are of the same body, when one member of the body hurts, other members hurt with that one in empathy.  I don't know if anything I ever say helps you, but maybe what we all say will help somehow.  We will continue to pray for you bro.  In Jesus' precious name, God bless you. 

This is a very old post. I have a lot of meltdowns. Since you asked, what some people say is helpful but other people make things worse. You're in the first group. No one understands what it means to be alone. Everyone has someone to talk to so they can get things off their chest and calm down. I did too up until about 15 yrs ago. Very often I was the person others called to get things off their chest. Even though I was listening to someone else's crisis somehow it helped me with mine. I no longer have that. This board is the only the only place I can go and many people here are not so kind. I think a lot people come here to blow off their steam at someone else. They judge, convict, and hang you, and they feel righteous in doing it. Whenever anyone posts their problems here they're taking a risk. Try it if you don't believe me. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, JTC said:

This is a very old post. I have a lot of meltdowns. Since you asked, what some people say is helpful but other people make things worse. You're in the first group. No one understands what it means to be alone. Everyone has someone to talk to so they can get things off their chest and calm down. I did too up until about 15 yrs ago. Very often I was the person others called to get things off their chest. Even though I was listening to someone else's crisis somehow it helped me with mine. I no longer have that. This board is the only the only place I can go and many people here are not so kind. I think a lot people come here to blow off their steam at someone else. They judge, convict, and hang you, and they feel righteous in doing it. Whenever anyone posts their problems here they're taking a risk. Try it if you don't believe me. 

No one should be mean to you or anyone else who posts their problems here, JTC.  If they do that, report them.  There are a lot of people who are alone and many who have neither friends or family to lean on. Please unload your frustrations here and those of us who are not just plain MEAN will listen and try to help.  Okay?  This is what Christians should do for each other.  I also recommend reading the trials of others and offering support to them.  Did you ever manage to get help with transportation?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0

Hi JTC;

I think those who have responded to your topic are people who, even though they may not know exactly how to help you or say the right thing, even so, felt enough from within them, to want to reach out to you and hopefully say something that could possibly bring you some kind of inspiration and hope .

This is why I am writing, I don't know if whatever I will say will be of help to you, but i certainly do feel for your concerns and you have expressed them quite well.

Because certain things in life can and do go wrong, I too have experienced this to some degree at different times of my life, to be able to relate a little to your concerns..

What I would like to firstly say is please know, you are not alone in ever having felt that nothing was working out and that it would be best just to turn it in.

I have been in this place as well as a few people here who also have responded.

Some have assessed you perhaps even unfairly, as ,no one truly knows exactly the circumstances that can bring about difficult circumstances. So nobody really is able to give fair judgement as to the (who, what, why s ) of your circumstances.

I really appreciated reading Kans health advice to you. It was good advice.

Also I believe God is healer not only of our souls but also of our health.

I have had to apply both what Kan has said and I still need to keep on in that regard,

as well as I have seeked God help through drawing nearer to Him in prayer for my life and health concerns.

The best mental health cure for me was to NOT solely rely only on the feedback of "friends". They can be misleading at times.

Like in the story of Job.

Today I rely mostly on the resources that are available for whatever my concerns may be at any particular time of my life, and if where I go first is not of help, I go elsewhere, if you keep looking, searching, you will find help, the right help for you.  But I don't rely to deeply anymore on people on a personal level anymore, just because in my life, when I did that, I was setting myself up to get hurt, to get disappointed.

No today, I rely solely on God and when I need help, I go look for resources that can help me. I avoid to get to personally involved with people, because sometimes people especially predator types or desperate types can try to cling to you for their own need and draw all the life out of you if you allow them to.

Not everyone is made for marriage, I have come to accept that ( and you also can have a good life on your own) I have come to know this and its wonderful. But I am a bit of a loner, recluse by nature. It is not easy for me to be ultra social, to much of it actually tires me out.  I have had my own problems to find ways to cope with, that many people would not understand. And today, it does not bother me anymore weather I am understood to make me feel "worthy" by another. I am understood by God and that is the most important person I want to be aligned with.

Also is is very unwise to compare our lives with another s. No one life is the same. We all have a purpose. And not all life purposes are the same. so comparing is not a good  -godly- thing to do.

Comparing is a form of judgement on something we do not know all about.

Only God knows the full story on everyone's life.

And about finding someone who can understand?

I don't think there is a person alive who can understand another 100% complete.

It great when you can find sometimes someone who can relate, but to find someone who can relate to you 1o0% of time is impossible.

The position for complete understanding is Gods alone. He can relate to us 100%.

And if you hope to find that in a human being, you will always get to be disappointed and you will always be setting yourself up for disappointment.

The ONLY ONE who can understand you complete, all the time, is God.

The only ONE who knows everything about us is God.

And only on Him should we completely turn our complete trust to.

People disappoint, and once you get to understand that, you won't be so disappointed anymore in people because you will have come to understand that that's the human nature, it is not perfect ever and is prone to mistake.

You got to take care of yourself, because the sad thing is, if you don't you are truly left to the mercy of this world, and then you are setting yourself up for more unfavorable circumstances to come. I have been in hard times, and when I was and tried to find help from people, you will get a lot of advice, but i did not get a lot of hands on help for the things I really needed help with the most.  And the funny thing is, when I have felt I needed people the most, they where no where around for me to find. That is when I went strait to God and asked Him for help.

God does provide, His Holy spirit can guide you to find the resources you need and He will also place people in your life, perhaps only for a certain time, to help you grow and learn from. God did that for me.

About being alone?

Join the club. lol. There are so many people who are alone, with no families.  Sometimes that may even be a blessing. lol.

Of course it would be great if everyone had a loving family and caring family members to rely on in good and bad times, but for some, it just may not be the case.  And of course since its not the best surviving case to be in ( to be alone with no family), you have to be especially extra careful to take care of yourself and not allow blood suckers into your life to try and steal away you very last breath. Because there exist predator people like that are allover the place.

I understand wanting to give up, I have been there and who knows, I may still in the future be in that place again. Its a dark place to be in. I pray God that if ever I am again in that dark place, that He place in my heart  and mind, the memory to remember of His Love Mercy and Grace and the remembrance of all that He has already granted me in the past and that , He wants to keep granting to me his Mercy and Grace as long as I follow the course (His course) of believing in Him to the end ( that means, without taking ones life).

He has already provided for me when I least expected it. Praise God!

He has also physically healed me. Praise God! ( if He can do this for me ,  He can certainly do this for you.)  God loves you just as He loves me. Praise God!

To have experienced these two things, when I get dark thoughts, now, I right away remember all the good things He has done in my life that were truly miraculous.  God IS TRUE. the devil is a liar and always trying to deceive, always trying to make you find doubt. Don't listen to the devil . Say instead: "No weapon formed against me shall prosper."

God will provide a way, we must believe this, because that is His promise and He does not brake His WORD. God keeps His promises. We just have to keep the faith, keep faithful to Him and His promises will come to be, because the are.

What has helped me learn about human nature, about people, about myself?

I found this man Roy Masters, who has explained human nature in his radio talk shows that has greatly helped me understand people and has helped me to become less of a doormat and more in control of my thoughts and emotions in a Godly way.  Now I am not advocating that everything this man has to say is 1o0% correct, I take from him his knowledge of human nature and how to get about life  without  allowing people to get to you .   You can listen to him from his site FHU.com.  From him , I take his comprehension and explanation concerning human behavior. The spiritual side of it I go to the bible and my daily relationship with God. But from this man I learned how to not get so effected by other people, and I have learned to help myself .

For healing, I have found the Earnest Angley site to be very helpful in there bible beleiving teachings. They are located in Ohio. If I was American and in troubled circumstances, this is the place I would move to and try to become a full time member in that ministry. They have members working in their cafeterias, they have members being part of their choir, they have member musicians, they also have  very strong prayer warriors. Through their 24hrs prayer line, I have received numerous times healing. I would have to say that this ministry helped me to grow the most in the Lord. I definitely would recommend this Jesus ministry.  Their Prayer line :450 294-2524

I try to take the best of what I can from different resources.

Charles Stanley has had many very valuable sermons on depression, loosing Hope. You can also listen online to his sermons for free.

also with the Earnest Angley ministry you can listen to his  audio sermon for free online.

As well as FHU.com, you can listen to his free radio shows and also he has a Sunday conversation where you can listen to his talks.

I have learned a lot by these ministries, they have helped me to understand many, many things. Its all about living daily in the Lord, and to focus on Him to deliver us and guide us  instead of focusing on people for the things only God can truly understand and help us with.

I will be keeping you in prayer, prayinh for you for a complete overall healing in ALL your concerns, in the blood name of Christ Jesus I pray complete healing for you JTC. Amen! Amen! Amen!

Edited by 1to3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hi JTC

I have prayed for you with tears today.  I, like you, get a lot of pleasure out of helping people in need.  I believe this is part of what God wants me to do.  Right now I am helping a young family with some basic needs.  This youngish couple - he can't find a job, she has just had a major operation and has problems with one foot and one hand.  They have two children - the boy has what is commonly called today "ADHD".  I blame a lot of this on food additives etc. although mum tries to feed them properly, and dad is very helpful and tries his best.  The other child - well, I am trying to help her.  She is the younger one and needs "The Nanny".  I am trying to be that to her but I have said to mum, she needs it followed through at home.  She was born with a hearing problem and has had an operation on her ears.  She wears a hearing aid but has very poor social skills (probably as a result of delayed behavioural learning).  Other people at church seem to not want to help control her while church is on; although some try to love her.  So it is left to myself (previously a primary school chaplain) and her mum to try to keep her under control.  As her mum is a new Christian, I want her to stay in the church and listen to the sermon while I take the child out and play with her.  This is difficult, I have to peel her off mum.  Dad and son do not attend.

The reason I am telling you this is because I want you to know that there is a lot of compassion out there for you with people such as myself and, believe it or not, if I had the money I would renew my passport, jump on a plane (I hate flying), find you and, with my dearest husband, give you a big hug and visit with you to show that there are people who want so much to be your friend.  1to3 has said it well.  I am going to pray that God gives you that companion you so long for, but that that companion would always encourage you to find your fulfilment totally in God, and not ever think that another human being can give you what you really need most of all - full, complete, 100% trust in God our Saviour.  It may seem that I am playing an old record but, dearest brother, it is absolutely true.  Love you in Jesus' name today, tomorrow and in the kingdom to come.

On Christ the Solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand.

I dare not trust the sweetest frame, but wholly lean on Jesus' name.

• 2 weeks later...

I know I'm not the only one alone. I never meant to say I am. It's just a pity that those of us who are don't live closer together. Then we could help each other.

MG, I got the transportation problem solved until the end of June. Although to do that means paying $135 a month for coverage that includes the transportation.

Thank you for responding.