• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,038
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

9 hours ago, douggg said:

I can't speak for all persons holding that Israel is the fig tree,  but back in the 1970's Jack Van Impe reasoned that Israel was the fig tree because of this verse in Joel 1:

6For a nation is come up upon my land, strong, and without number, whose teeth are the teeth of a lion, and he hath the cheek teeth of a great lion.

7He hath laid my vine waste, and barked my fig tree: he hath made it clean bare, and cast it away; the branches thereof are made white.

Well, when I asked “any commentators that hold to this understanding,” I did state, “It would be preferable if anyone has some references of someone not living today…” However, I was hoping for someone who would had foreran Jack Vam Impe, seeing he is not long gone home; someone who would not have been influenced by the likes of Scofield and Thompson because they would have preceded them.

But if this fig tree in Joel is Judah, for many believe the time is after the northern tribes were defeated and carried away into captivity and the kingdom of Israel destroyed, wouldn’t we be obligated to assigned similar identities to the other trees and various attributes of the prophecy?

Such as the “nation is come up upon my land,” which many readily acknowledge as being a fierce plague and not an actual nation or army. This plague had come and laid waste the land. But look at the many things mentioned in the beginning of this prophecy-

1.     Verse 4 – “the palmerworm”

2.     Verse 4 – “the locust”

3.     Verse 4 – “the cankerworm”

4.     Verse 4 – “the caterpillar”

Who do these invaders represent since they are distinguished from each other?

5.     Verse 7 – “my vine”

6.     Verse 2 – “my fig tree”

7.     Verse 10 – “the field is wasted”

8.     Verse 10 – “the land mourneth”

9.     Verse 10 – “the corn is wasted “

10.  Verse 10 – “the new wine is dried up”

11.  Verse 10 – “the oil languisheth”

Are we to be assuming each of these have spiritual representation and endeavoring to discern and assign specific identities and/or spiritual connotations to each? But let’s continue=

12.  Verse 11 – “Be ye ashamed, O ye husbandmen”

13.  Verse 11 – “howl, O ye vinedressers”

14.  Verse 11 – “O ye vinedressers”

Are these three distinct groups in need of our affixing spiritual meanings too?

15.  Verse 11 – “the wheat”

16.  Verse 11 – “the barley”

17.  Verse 11 – “the harvest”

18.  Verse 11 – “the field is perished”

19.  Verse 12 – “The vine is dried up”  

So, if Israel is the fig tree, then what nations are these other trees”

20.  Verse 12 – “the fig tree languisheth”  

21.  Verse 12 – “the pomegranate tree”  

22.  Verse 12 – “the apple tree”  

23.  Verse 12 – “the palm tree also”  

24.  Verse 12 – “even all the trees of the field are withered”  

What about the other things, like in verses 16 and 17, “the meat cut off before our eyes, …the seed is rotten under their clods, the garners are laid desolate, the barns are broken down, for the corn is withered?

So if people are assigning the fig tree to Israel, why haven’t they diligently labored to discern what the other aspects of the prophecy means or assigned other national identities to the other trees? Because otherwise it seems we are picking and choosing things to fit theology and not necessary gleaning all truth from scriptures to rightly divide/apply it.

Joel 1:1 - The word of the LORD that came to Joel the son of Pethuel.

2  Hear this, ye old men, and give ear, all ye inhabitants of the land. Hath this been in your days, or even in the days of your fathers?

3 Tell ye your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation.

4 That which the palmerworm hath left hath the locust eaten; and that which the locust hath left hath the cankerworm eaten; and that which the cankerworm hath left hath the caterpiller eaten.

5 Awake, ye drunkards, and weep; and howl, all ye drinkers of wine, because of the new wine; for it is cut off from your mouth.6 For a nation is come up upon my land, strong, and without number, whose teeth are the teeth of a lion, and he hath the cheek teeth of a great lion.

7 He hath laid my vine waste, and barked my fig tree: he hath made it clean bare, and cast it away; the branches thereof are made white.

8 Lament like a virgin girded with sackcloth for the husband of her youth.

9 The meat offering and the drink offering is cut off from the house of the LORD; the priests, the LORD'S ministers, mourn.

10 The field is wasted, the land mourneth; for the corn is wasted: the new wine is dried up, the oil languisheth.

11 Be ye ashamed, O ye husbandmen; howl, O ye vinedressers, for the wheat and for the barley; because the harvest of the field is perished.

12 The vine is dried up, and the fig tree languisheth; the pomegranate tree, the palm tree also, and the apple tree, even all the trees of the field, are withered: because joy is withered away from the sons of men.

13 Gird yourselves, and lament, ye priests: howl, ye ministers of the altar: come, lie all night in sackcloth, ye ministers of my God: for the meat offering and the drink offering is withholden from the house of your God.

14  Sanctify ye a fast, call a solemn assembly, gather the elders and all the inhabitants of the land into the house of the LORD your God, and cry unto the LORD,

15 Alas for the day! for the day of the LORD is at hand, and as a destruction from the Almighty shall it come.

16 Is not the meat cut off before our eyes, yea, joy and gladness from the house of our God?

17 The seed is rotten under their clods, the garners are laid desolate, the barns are broken down; for the corn is withered.

And yet we haven’t even touched on verse 15 being tucked in there…

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Sister said:

Dougg

I used to think that the sanctuary will be cleansed at the coming, but now I see more clearer.

When the daily sacrifice is actually taken away, Christians will have to make a choice.  This will be the sifting of Gods house.  Those who will conform to the False Prophet's rules and receive his Mark  will be thrust out of God's sanctuary.  Those who do not conform to the FP and stay faithful, will have their names written in the Lambs book of life.

Jesus is not the daily sacrifice, but the single sacrifice.    The daily sacrifice was the offering made by the priest, once in the morning and once in the evening under the Mt. Sinai covenant.     In Hebrews 10, the distinction is made between the daily sacrifce and the sacrifice of Jesus

11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:

12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.

14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

When the person who becomes the Antichrist commits the act that reveals him to be man of sin, he stops the daily sacrifice.    But before he stops the daily sacrifice and sits in the temple of God, the church, the body of Christs is taken out of the way.  

On a time line, what we can determine about the 2300 days is 2300 days before Jesus returns, the daily animal sacrifices will begin again on day 220, then stopped sometime in the middle part of the week (the seven years).

Day 1 confirmation of the covenant....................day 220 animal sacrifices begin again............................. middle part of the week, stoppage of the animal sacrifices

.............................................day 2520 Jesus returns.

I do agree with you about the host being the 10 kings.   Actually the military and power of the EU, their Kingdom,  that when the man of sin stops the daily sacrifice, he is going to need some military support for the riots that will ensue from the Jews, imo.

Edited by douggg

2 hours ago, Sister said:

Daniel 8:14   And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

I used to think that the sanctuary will be cleansed at the coming, but now I see more clearer.

When the daily sacrifice is actually taken away, Christians will have to make a choice.  This will be the sifting of Gods house.  Those who will conform to the False Prophet's rules and receive his Mark  will be thrust out of God's sanctuary.  Those who do not conform to the FP and stay faithful, will have their names written in the Lambs book of life.

Personally, I am strongly incline to believe the little horn was Antiochus Epiphanes which history affirms polluted the temple by sacrificing a pig on the altar of God and blasphemed His name; and was later defeated by the Maccabees. It also records how Antiochus died suddenly of worms and ulcers supposedly in 164 BC, this too is in perfect harmony with Daniel 8:25 which says “but he shall be broken without hand.”

However, on to the topic of the 2300 days, I would like comment on this clue given to us through an angel speaking to another asked concerning the duration of this vision–

Daniel 8:13 Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot? 14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

I know some people believe a day here represent a year, and that others reject that notion entirely. That’s all ok, we’re all seeking to understand the thinks of God and have our foundations to why we each hold to our beliefs, hopefully those foundations are sure… But if the prophetic day here is to be understood the same as it is in chapter nine, then we can conclude the duration will be 2300 years that “the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot.” It has always been my strong inclination that the retaking of the Temple Mount in 1967 was a significant event, one which would not have happened unless God had foretold it by His prophets.

Amos 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but He revealeth His secret unto His servants the prophets.

Be mindful that in Daniel 8 the “ram which had two horns” represented the Media/Persia empire that permitted the Jews to return and rebuild Jerusalem of which for a brief duration after a few years the Jews had regained a measure of freedom and independence. That is till the “he goat came from the west” which was as the angel said, “is the king of Grecia: and the great horn that is between his eyes is the first king.” Josephus record the setting of Alexander the Great arrival in Jerusalem.

“The Antiquities of the Jews” Book XI, chapter VIII, paragraph 5-

“And when he (the High Priest) understood that he (Alexander the Great) was not far from the city (Jerusalem), he (the High Priest) went out in procession with the priests and the multitude of citizens. The procession was venerable, and the manner of it different from that of other nations … and when the Phoenicians and the Chaldeans that followed him (Alexander the Great), thought that they should have liberty to plunder the city, and torment the high priest to death, which the king’s displeasure fairly promised them, the very reverse of it happened; for Alexander, when he (Alexander the Great) saw the multitude at a distance, in white garments, while the priests stood clothed in fine linen, and the high priest in purple and scarlet clothing, with his miter on his head, having the golden plate whereon the name of God was engraved, he (Alexander the Great) approached by himself, and adored that name (the name of God), and first saluted the high priest. The Jews also did altogether, with one voice, salute Alexander, and encompass him about; where upon the kings of Syria and the rest were surprised at what Alexander had done, and supposed him disordered in his mind (They thought Alexander was crazy for bowing before the High Priest). However, Parmenio alone went up to him (Alexander the Great) and asked him how it came to pass that, when all others adored him, he should adore the high priest of the Jews? To whom he replied, “I did not adore him, but that G-d who hath honored him with his high-priesthood; for I saw this very person in a dream, in this very habit (high priestly garment), when I was at Dios in Macedonia, who, when I was considering with myself, how I might obtain the dominion of Asia, exhorted me to make no delay, but boldly to pass over the sea thither, for that he (God) would conduct my army, and would give me the dominion over the Persians; whence it is, that having seen no other in that habit (high priestly garment), and now seeing this person in it, and remembering that vision, and the exhortation which I had in my dream, I believe that I bring this army under the divine conduct, and shall therewith conquer Darius, and destroy the power of the Persians, and that all things will succeed according to what is in my own mind.”

When the high priest went outside Jerusalem to meet Alexander the Great, he took the book of Daniel to show Alexander the prophecies concerning him. To which Alexander was so moved that he went to the temple to offer a lawful sacrifice and worshipped God.

So, if one does as other’s have done in backtracking in their calculations, and subtract 1967 years from the 2300 we end up with 333 years from year, being mindful that from 1 D.C. to 1 A.D. there is only 1 year to be counted since there is no O (zero) year to be counted in the timeline. Though we do not know the months or exact time of year, this is the very close to the time of Alexander the Great entrance into the Persian-ruled Asia Minor in 334 B.C. Now that is the math according to our present-day calendar, but with the Jewish calendar it might be even more close, if not exact.

For clearly everyone is seeing 1967 as undeniably significant.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

32 minutes ago, BlindSeeker said:

So, if one does as other’s have done in backtracking in their calculations, and subtract 1967 years from the 2300 we end up with 333 years from year, being mindful that from 1 D.C. to 1 A.D. there is only 1 year to be counted since there is no O (zero) year to be counted in the timeline. Though we do not know the months or exact time of year, this is the very close to the time of Alexander the Great entrance into the Persian-ruled Asia Minor in 334 B.C. Now that is the math according to our present-day calendar, but with the Jewish calendar it might be even more close, if not exact.

For clearly everyone is seeing 1967 as undeniably significant.

But it is not Alexander, the king of greece, but the little horn, who comes to Israel from the direction of one of the break up kingdoms (Daniel 8:9) that the daily sacrifice will be stopped.     

9 And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land.

10 And it waxed great, even to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them.

11 Yea, he magnified himself even to the prince of the host, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of his sanctuary was cast down.

12 And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Alexander, yes, is one of the fulfillments of the Daniel 8 vision.   But the entire vision start to finish - ends in the end times.     Alexander being the king of Greece is part of the vision.   Alexander was future to Daniel.   But is historic to us.      Alexander's exploits have no connection to the 2300 days.

We still have the end times parts of Daniel 8, the little horn ahead of us, and the 2300 days that are associated with him.

Edited by douggg

• Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.73
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

7 hours ago, LeavesSeeds said:

The time to make a choice is TODAY.  

Not some time in the future. 

Most people have already chosen.  ((and not well nor good))

Sad to say, LeavesSeeds.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

mp3speaker.gifparable fig tree

Question: "What is the meaning of the Parable of the Fig Tree?"

Answer:
Jesus told the Parable of the Fig Tree—Luke 13:6-9—immediately after reminding His listeners of a tower over the pool of Siloam (John 9:7) which unexpectedly fell and killed eighteen people. The moral of that story is found in Luke 13:3: “Unless you repent, you will likewise perish.” To reiterate this moral, Jesus tells the story of the fig tree, the vineyard owner, and the gardener who took care of the vineyard.

The three entities in the story all have clear symbolic significance. The vineyard owner represents God, the one who rightly expects to see fruit on His tree and who justly decides to destroy it when He finds none. The gardener, or vineyard keeper who cares for the trees, watering and fertilizing them to bring them to their peak of fruitfulness, represents Jesus, who feeds His people and gives them living water. The tree itself has two symbolic meanings: the nation of Israel and the individual.

As the story unfolds, we see the vineyard owner expressing his disappointment at the fruitless tree. He has looked for fruit for three years from this tree, but has found none. The three-year period is significant because for three years John the Baptist and Jesus had been preaching the message of repentance throughout Israel. But the fruits of repentance were not forthcoming. John the Baptist warned the people about the Messiah coming and told them to bring forth fruits fit for repentance because the ax was already laid at the root of the tree (Luke 3:8-9). But the Jews were offended by the idea they needed to repent, and they rejected their Messiah because He demanded repentance from them. After all, they had the revelation of God, the prophets, the Scriptures, the covenants, and the adoption (Romans 9:4-5). They had it all, but they were already apostate. They had departed from the true faith and the true and living God and created a system of works-righteousness that was an abomination to God. He, as the vineyard owner, was perfectly justified in tearing down the tree that had no fruit. The Lord’s ax was already poised over the root of the tree, and it was ready to fall.

However, we see the gardener pleading here for a little more time. There were a few months before the crucifixion, and more miracles to come, especially the incredible miracle of the raising of Lazarus from the dead, which would astound many and perhaps cause the Jews to repent. As it turned out, Israel as a nation still did not believe, but individuals certainly did (John 12:10-11). The compassionate gardener intercedes for more time to water and fertilize the fruitless tree, and the gracious Lord of the vineyard responds in patience.

The lesson for the individual is that borrowed time is not permanent. God's patience has a limit. In the parable, the vineyard owner grants another year of life to the tree. In the same way, God in His mercy grants us another day, another hour, another breath. Christ stands at the door of each man’s heart knocking and seeking to gain entrance and requiring repentance from sin. But if there is no fruit, no repentance, His patience will come to an end, and the fruitless, unrepentant individual will be cut down. We all live on borrowed time; judgment is near. That is why the prophet Isaiah wrote, "Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near. Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his thoughts. Let him turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on him, and to our God, for he will freely pardon" (Isaiah 55:6-7).

http://www.gotquestions.org/parable-fig-tree.html

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04

5 hours ago, douggg said:

Jesus is not the daily sacrifice, but the single sacrifice.    The daily sacrifice was the offering made by the priest, once in the morning and once in the evening under the Mt. Sinai covenant.     In Hebrews 10, the distinction is made between the daily sacrifce and the sacrifice of Jesus

11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:

12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.

14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

When the person who becomes the Antichrist commits the act that reveals him to be man of sin, he stops the daily sacrifice.    But before he stops the daily sacrifice and sits in the temple of God, the church, the body of Christs is taken out of the way.  

On a time line, what we can determine about the 2300 days is 2300 days before Jesus returns, the daily animal sacrifices will begin again on day 220, then stopped sometime in the middle part of the week (the seven years).

Day 1 confirmation of the covenant....................day 220 animal sacrifices begin again............................. middle part of the week, stoppage of the animal sacrifices

.............................................day 2520 Jesus returns.

I do agree with you about the host being the 10 kings.   Actually the military and power of the EU, their Kingdom,  that when the man of sin stops the daily sacrifice, he is going to need some military support for the riots that will ensue from the Jews, imo.

Hi Dougg

The daily sacrifices offered by the priest under the old covenant was done away with by Christ.  Animal sacrifices are no longer required, for Christ became that ultimate sacrifice.

Since then Christ requires "sacrifices of the heart".  Christ was only offered up once, yes, but on a daily basis, whilst the door is still open, anyone can come to Christ.  We can talk about him freely, preach his message, worship him, discuss, assemble with like minded people, and so forth.  It just makes more sense to me, that there will come a day when the name of Christ is stamped out.  In other words it will be illegal to speak about him, or congregate.  I know it's hard to imagine, but this is how I see it, that the daily sacrifice is a spiritual one, the freedom in coming to Christ daily through that open door, which is never closed......until the FP says, that door is now shut.  No more churches, no more preaching, no more mentioning Christ's name.  For the delusion will be so strong, and the FP will stamp the truth to the ground and crush any type of hope those sitting on the fence might of have.  He will use everything in his power to block their access to Christ.  Those who have been already fed truth will stay on that solid foundation, but the rest of the believers who are used to congregating will have no meeting place.  Their pastures will be destroyed.  The sheep will be scattered.  This is God's doing also.  When our meeting places are gone, what have we left?  Only the truth, and if we have been taught well, we will be prepared for we will have to stand on our own now, only with what God has given us.  Many who hid behind their church, will stumble, if they have not been fed truth.

Jeremiah 25:36   A voice of the cry of the shepherds, and an howling of the principal of the flock, shall be heard: for the LORD hath spoiled their pasture.

7 hours ago, douggg said:

Alexander, yes, is one of the fulfillments of the Daniel 8 vision.   But the entire vision start to finish - ends in the end times.     Alexander being the king of Greece is part of the vision.   Alexander was future to Daniel.   But is historic to us.      Alexander's exploits have no connection to the 2300 days.

We still have the end times parts of Daniel 8, the little horn ahead of us, and the 2300 days that are associated with him.

Since you seem to just make your statements and not substantiate them, so I guess can only say I disagree with you. Because you give nothing to refute or cross-examine, you leave the burden is upon everyone to sway you while you make no effort to sway others. Therefore it make's very little point to present anything to you because you don't really consider it and you basically just keep saying little more than "Not so, this it what it is."

However, the 2300 days, which I believe are years, is how long the vision till it is fulfilled, not how long the little horn does his all his dastardly deeds.

Daniel 8:13 Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?

Edited by BlindSeeker

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

10 hours ago, BlindSeeker said:

Well, when I asked “any commentators that hold to this understanding,” I did state, “It would be preferable if anyone has some references of someone not living today…” However, I was hoping for someone who would had foreran Jack Vam Impe, seeing he is not long gone home; someone who would not have been influenced by the likes of Scofield and Thompson because they would have preceded them.

But if this fig tree in Joel is Judah, for many believe the time is after the northern tribes were defeated and carried away into captivity and the kingdom of Israel destroyed, wouldn’t we be obligated to assigned similar identities to the other trees and various attributes of the prophecy?

Such as the “nation is come up upon my land,” which many readily acknowledge as being a fierce plague and not an actual nation or army. This plague had come and laid waste the land. But look at the many things mentioned in the beginning of this prophecy-

1.     Verse 4 – “the palmerworm”

2.     Verse 4 – “the locust”

3.     Verse 4 – “the cankerworm”

4.     Verse 4 – “the caterpillar”

Who do these invaders represent since they are distinguished from each other?

5.     Verse 7 – “my vine”

6.     Verse 2 – “my fig tree”

7.     Verse 10 – “the field is wasted”

8.     Verse 10 – “the land mourneth”

9.     Verse 10 – “the corn is wasted “

10.  Verse 10 – “the new wine is dried up”

11.  Verse 10 – “the oil languisheth”

Are we to be assuming each of these have spiritual representation and endeavoring to discern and assign specific identities and/or spiritual connotations to each? But let’s continue=

12.  Verse 11 – “Be ye ashamed, O ye husbandmen”

13.  Verse 11 – “howl, O ye vinedressers”

14.  Verse 11 – “O ye vinedressers”

Are these three distinct groups in need of our affixing spiritual meanings too?

15.  Verse 11 – “the wheat”

16.  Verse 11 – “the barley”

17.  Verse 11 – “the harvest”

18.  Verse 11 – “the field is perished”

19.  Verse 12 – “The vine is dried up”  

So, if Israel is the fig tree, then what nations are these other trees”

20.  Verse 12 – “the fig tree languisheth”  

21.  Verse 12 – “the pomegranate tree”  

22.  Verse 12 – “the apple tree”  

23.  Verse 12 – “the palm tree also”  

24.  Verse 12 – “even all the trees of the field are withered”  

What about the other things, like in verses 16 and 17, “the meat cut off before our eyes, …the seed is rotten under their clods, the garners are laid desolate, the barns are broken down, for the corn is withered?

So if people are assigning the fig tree to Israel, why haven’t they diligently labored to discern what the other aspects of the prophecy means or assigned other national identities to the other trees? Because otherwise it seems we are picking and choosing things to fit theology and not necessary gleaning all truth from scriptures to rightly divide/apply it.

Joel 1:1 - The word of the LORD that came to Joel the son of Pethuel.

2  Hear this, ye old men, and give ear, all ye inhabitants of the land. Hath this been in your days, or even in the days of your fathers?

3 Tell ye your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation.

4 That which the palmerworm hath left hath the locust eaten; and that which the locust hath left hath the cankerworm eaten; and that which the cankerworm hath left hath the caterpiller eaten.

5 Awake, ye drunkards, and weep; and howl, all ye drinkers of wine, because of the new wine; for it is cut off from your mouth.6 For a nation is come up upon my land, strong, and without number, whose teeth are the teeth of a lion, and he hath the cheek teeth of a great lion.

7 He hath laid my vine waste, and barked my fig tree: he hath made it clean bare, and cast it away; the branches thereof are made white.

8 Lament like a virgin girded with sackcloth for the husband of her youth.

9 The meat offering and the drink offering is cut off from the house of the LORD; the priests, the LORD'S ministers, mourn.

10 The field is wasted, the land mourneth; for the corn is wasted: the new wine is dried up, the oil languisheth.

11 Be ye ashamed, O ye husbandmen; howl, O ye vinedressers, for the wheat and for the barley; because the harvest of the field is perished.

12 The vine is dried up, and the fig tree languisheth; the pomegranate tree, the palm tree also, and the apple tree, even all the trees of the field, are withered: because joy is withered away from the sons of men.

13 Gird yourselves, and lament, ye priests: howl, ye ministers of the altar: come, lie all night in sackcloth, ye ministers of my God: for the meat offering and the drink offering is withholden from the house of your God.

14  Sanctify ye a fast, call a solemn assembly, gather the elders and all the inhabitants of the land into the house of the LORD your God, and cry unto the LORD,

15 Alas for the day! for the day of the LORD is at hand, and as a destruction from the Almighty shall it come.

16 Is not the meat cut off before our eyes, yea, joy and gladness from the house of our God?

17 The seed is rotten under their clods, the garners are laid desolate, the barns are broken down; for the corn is withered.

And yet we haven’t even touched on verse 15 being tucked in there…

Ya I think you're on to something with all the other trees, but I think the parable to be more of a pre curser to Joel.

In Luke's gospel account it reads, "Behold the fig tree and all the trees; as soon as they put forth leaves, you see it and know for yourselves that summer is near." 21:29,30

There is a parable in Judges that speaks of the olive, fig, vine and all the trees. Gideons son Abimelech, to a concubine, seeks to be ruler and kills his seventy brothers but one escapes and speaks a parable from a mountain top. Judges 9

I think the fig tree parable is what it seems to be, "when you see thee things you know the time is near" We focus on the fig tree and fixate on Israel, which is good and a huge part of the coming of Jesus, and I'm not so sure it actually means Israel, it could I suppose, but there are all the trees involved. 

Once again the timing thing really gets in the way. No doubt the world is being set up. Eight years ago the world looked at a guy with hope and admiration when the dude had no credentials, he was given a noble peace prize for what? We focus on the person but what of the trees? 

It could be years or decades. It's a season. When all the trees stretch forth their limbs and and say to the bramble, "rule over us", look out.

27 minutes ago, Zemke said:

Ya I think you're on to something with all the other trees, but I think the parable to be more of a pre curser to Joel.

In Luke's gospel account it reads, "Behold the fig tree and all the trees; as soon as they put forth leaves, you see it and know for yourselves that summer is near." 21:29,30

There is a parable in Judges that speaks of the olive, fig, vine and all the trees. Gideons son Abimelech, to a concubine, seeks to be ruler and kills his seventy brothers but one escapes and speaks a parable from a mountain top. Judges 9

I think the fig tree parable is what it seems to be, "when you see thee things you know the time is near" We focus on the fig tree and fixate on Israel, which is good and a huge part of the coming of Jesus, and I'm not so sure it actually means Israel, it could I suppose, but there are all the trees involved. 

Once again the timing thing really gets in the way. No doubt the world is being set up. Eight years ago the world looked at a guy with hope and admiration when the dude had no credentials, he was given a noble peace prize for what? We focus on the person but what of the trees? 

It could be years or decades. It's a season. When all the trees stretch forth their limbs and and say to the bramble, "rule over us", look out.

Well, if the fig tree putting forth it leaves is a reference to the rebirth of Israel, shouldn't there also be the rebirth of other nations, or empires? With the mention of the fig tree being first, than the "other trees" or nations following?

Or, perhaps, Jesus was just saying as when you see the fig tree and other trees putting forth their leaves and you know summer is at hand, likewise when you see all the signs I have just told you coming to pass, then you know the time is at hand.