douggg

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  1

6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

The he who now letteth is Jesus

The he who will let is Jesus

The he to be taken out of the way is Jesus - not himself  - but that which being the body of Christ, the believers, i.e the rapture of the church.

One of the last things Jesus said to the disciples.... (my favorite bible verse)

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Nothing happens unless the Lord Jesus Christ allows it to happen, as all power has been given to him in heaven and in earth. The He who now letteth is the Lord Jesus Christ. And it is he who lets the man of sin be revealed in his time .....

So since the first century, the mystery of inquity has been allowed to work.    Until he - the body of Christ - is taken out of the way, which is "the what" that withholds the man of sin from being revealed in his time in verse 6.

Edited by douggg

There are four events being talked about in 2thessalonians2:

1. The gathering unto Christ.
2. The great falling away
3. The revealing of the man of sin
4. The Day of the Lord beginning

First, I will put all four in order they will happen:

1. The great falling away.
2. The gathering unto Christ (the rapture)
4. The Day of the Lord beginning.

In verse 3, two of those things must happen before the Day of the Lord begins:  ( 3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; )

1. The great falling away
4. The beginning of Day of the Lord.

In verse 6, one of those things must happen before the revealing of the man of sin:  (  6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. )

2. The gathering unto Christ (the rapture) (the what)
3. The revealing of the man of sin.

Edited by douggg

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

On 5/23/2016 at 8:16 PM, douggg said:

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

The he to be taken out of the way is Jesus - not himself  - but that which being the body of Christ, the believers, i.e the rapture of the church.

One of the last things Jesus said to the disciples.... (my favorite bible verse)

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Nothing happens unless the Lord Jesus Christ allows it to happen, as all power has been given to him in heaven and in earth. The He who now letteth is the Lord Jesus Christ. And it is he who lets the man of sin be revealed in his time .....

So since the first century, the mystery of inquity has been allowed to work.    Until he - the body of Christ - is taken out of the way, which is "the what" that withholds the man of sin from being revealed in his time in verse 6.

Who do you think is the restrainer in 2 Thessalonians 2:6?

16 minutes ago, bopeep1909 said:

Who do you think is the restrainer in 2 Thessalonians 2:6?

There is no "restrainer" in the text.    6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

Edited by douggg

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

On 5/23/2016 at 0:16 AM, douggg said:

We have a thread going about the restrainer :)

The holy Spirit who lives in the Christians when they get raptured.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

22 minutes ago, douggg said:

There is no "restrainer" in the text.    6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

Yes there is.

2 Thessalonians 2:6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time.

It is the Holy Spirit.

59 minutes ago, bopeep1909 said:

Yes there is.

2 Thessalonians 2:6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time.

It is the Holy Spirit.

"restaining" in that translation is the witholdeth in the KJV.    Anyway,  "restraining" is a verb, not a noun.    There is no "restrainer" in the text.

What about I try to repackage that verse, for clarity.    Here goes....

"And now you know what is keeping the man of sin from being revealed in his time."

The what is simply that the body of Christ will be taken out of the way first.

Edited by douggg

21 minutes ago, angels4u said:

We have a thread going about the restrainer :)

The holy Spirit who lives in the Christians when they get raptured.

Are you talking about this thread?    I never brought up something that is not in the text  -  "restrainer".

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

55 minutes ago, douggg said:

Are you talking about this thread?    I never brought up something that is not in the text  -  "restrainer".

The Man of Lawlessness
5Do you not remember that I told you these things while I was still with you? 6And you know what is now restraining him, so that he will be revealed at the proper time. 7For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work, but the one who now restrains it will continue until he is taken out of the way.…  2 Thess.2:6

9 minutes ago, angels4u said:

The Man of Lawlessness
5Do you not remember that I told you these things while I was still with you? 6And you know what is now restraining him, so that he will be revealed at the proper time. 7For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work, but the one who now restrains it will continue until he is taken out of the way.…  2 Thess.2:6

If you are going to quote from a translation other than the KJV, it would be helpful if you identified what translation you are quoting from.

"restrainer" is not in that translation either.

"the one" is the Lord Jesus Christ.    the "he" is Jesus, not himself, but the body of Christ, is taken out of the way.

Edited by douggg