• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

from The American Spectator:

"... In the past I was no devotee of Kasich’s Scriptural exegesis, as when he discovered Obamacare tucked neatly into his Bible. Still, his campaign this time did strike a resonant chord with its worshipful vibrato. I believe him when he professes to seek God’s purpose for his life.

"Indeed, the most valuable exchange of this wacky primary season did not come on a debate stage but was conducted between Governor Kasich and a political soldier of fortune named Ezra Friedland.

"During the days preceding the New York primary, Governor Kasich was the customer du jour who Friedland ferried to a synagogue to encounter some of the faithful. The Governor no doubt felt a tad awkward, so instead of addressing the crowd directly he triangulated between them and his tour guide. Some banter ensued, with Kasich fumbling to find a common language within the Judeo-Christian ethos. At one point, he turned to Friedland and asked, 'So, Ezra, who do you think is the most important figure in the Bible?'

"'Why, Moses of course!' Friedland replied.

"'Oh, no,' Kasich countered. 'You are forgetting Abraham!'

"... Although Moses is the lawgiver, the principles of Jewish engagement with the societies and governments of host countries are the legacy of Abraham. In brief, if I may, I will offer a compendium of the sources, both Biblical and Talmudic, for this premise..."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

How in the world could the thousands of pages of Obamacare be tucked neatly into anyone's Bible?  I am trying to imagine the size of his Bible.  Perhaps it was on a microchip.

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  608
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Abraham is the father of many nations as he had many sons.

But Sarah, is a mother of nations; from just one son. - Gen.17:16