Sister

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

Micah 1:1   The word of the LORD that came to Micah the Morasthite in the days of Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah, which he saw concerning Samaria and Jerusalem.

Micah 1:2   Hear, all ye people; hearken, O earth, and all that therein is: and let the Lord GOD be witness against you, the Lord from his holy temple.

Micah 1:3   For, behold, the LORD cometh forth out of his place, and will come down, and tread upon the high places of the earth.

Micah 1:4   And the mountains shall be molten under him, and the valleys shall be cleft, as wax before the fire, and as the waters that are poured down a steep place.

Micah 1:5   For the transgression of Jacob is all this, and for the sins of the house of Israel. What is the transgression of Jacob? is it not Samaria? and what are the high places of Judah? are they not Jerusalem?

Micah 1:6   Therefore I will make Samaria as an heap of the field, and as plantings of a vineyard: and I will pour down the stones thereof into the valley, and I will discover the foundations thereof.

Something I noticed; the prophecy of this chapter is concerning Samaria and Jerusalem.  Verse 2 shows God is speaking to the whole world.  Jerusalem is Jerusalem, so Samaria must be the rest of the world because God is speaking to the whole earth.

Why is God calling the rest of the world Samaria?  The transgression of Jacob is Samaria?

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, Sister said:

Why is God calling the rest of the world Samaria?  The transgression of Jacob is Samaria?

No, God is not calling the rest of the world "Samaria".  The prophecy is pertaining to Jerusalem and Samaria, as well as all of Israel (denoted by "Jacob" in v. 5 and other verses).  But God wants the whole world to hear what He has to say through Micah, since all the redeemed nations will come to Jerusalem to worship the Lord (Mic 4:2) after He has judged the nations (Mic 4:3).

16 hours ago, Ezra said:

No, God is not calling the rest of the world "Samaria".  The prophecy is pertaining to Jerusalem and Samaria, as well as all of Israel (denoted by "Jacob" in v. 5 and other verses).  But God wants the whole world to hear what He has to say through Micah, since all the redeemed nations will come to Jerusalem to worship the Lord (Mic 4:2) after He has judged the nations (Mic 4:3).

Thanks Ezra

I see how you can see that, but I see this;

Micah 1:2   Hear, all ye people; hearken, O earth, and all that therein is: and let the Lord GOD be witness against you, the Lord from his holy temple.

God has used the name "Samaria" as an example for the rest of the world.  He's not speaking of that actual place back then, but the spiritual land of Samaria now.  It concerns the end times.  Maybe we should read further to see what the rest of the chapter relates to, but for now, I'll post these scriptures regarding Samaria;

Isaiah 7:9   And the head of Ephraim is Samaria, and the head of Samaria is Remaliah's son. If ye will not believe, surely ye shall not be established.

Jeremiah 23:13   And I have seen folly in the prophets of Samaria; they prophesied in Baal, and caused my people Israel to err.

Ezekiel 16:46   And thine elder sister is Samaria, she and her daughters that dwell at thy left hand: and thy younger sister, that dwelleth at thy right hand, is Sodom and her daughters.

Ezekiel 16:51   Neither hath Samaria committed half of thy sins; but thou hast multiplied thine abominations more than they, and hast justified thy sisters in all thine abominations which thou hast done.

Hosea 7:1   When I would have healed Israel, then the iniquity of Ephraim was discovered, and the wickedness of Samaria: for they commit falsehood; and the thief cometh in, and the troop of robbers spoileth without.

Amos 6:1   Woe to them that are at ease in Zion, and trust in the mountain of Samaria, which are named chief of the nations, to whom the house of Israel came!

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

9 minutes ago, Sister said:

Thanks Ezra

I see how you can see that, but I see this;

God has used the name "Samaria" as an example for the rest of the world.  He's not speaking of that actual place back then, but the spiritual land of Samaria now.  It concerns the end times.  Maybe we should read further to see what the rest of the chapter relates to, but for now, I'll post these scriptures regarding Samaria;

Isaiah 7:9   And the head of Ephraim is Samaria, and the head of Samaria is Remaliah's son. If ye will not believe, surely ye shall not be established.

Jeremiah 23:13   And I have seen folly in the prophets of Samaria; they prophesied in Baal, and caused my people Israel to err.

Ezekiel 16:46   And thine elder sister is Samaria, she and her daughters that dwell at thy left hand: and thy younger sister, that dwelleth at thy right hand, is Sodom and her daughters.

Ezekiel 16:51   Neither hath Samaria committed half of thy sins; but thou hast multiplied thine abominations more than they, and hast justified thy sisters in all thine abominations which thou hast done.

Hosea 7:1   When I would have healed Israel, then the iniquity of Ephraim was discovered, and the wickedness of Samaria: for they commit falsehood; and the thief cometh in, and the troop of robbers spoileth without.

Amos 6:1   Woe to them that are at ease in Zion, and trust in the mountain of Samaria, which are named chief of the nations, to whom the house of Israel came!

I am not seeing what you see. You must be interpreting Scripture differently than Ezra and I.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

16 hours ago, Ezra said:

Agree Ezra

The word of the Lord that came to Micah of Moresheth during the reigns of Jotham, Ahaz and Hezekiah, kings of Judah—the vision he saw concerning Samaria and Jerusalem.

Hear, you peoples, all of you,
    listen, earth and all who live in it,
that the Sovereign Lord may bear witness against you,
    the Lord from his holy temple.

Judgment Against Samaria and Jerusalem

Look! The Lord is coming from his dwelling place;
    he comes down and treads on the heights of the earth.
The mountains melt beneath him
    and the valleys split apart,
like wax before the fire,
    like water rushing down a slope.
All this is because of Jacob’s transgression,
    because of the sins of the people of Israel.
What is Jacob’s transgression?
    Is it not Samaria?
What is Judah’s high place?
    Is it not Jerusalem?

“Therefore I will make Samaria a heap of rubble,
    a place for planting vineyards.
I will pour her stones into the valley
    and lay bare her foundations.
All her idols will be broken to pieces;
    all her temple gifts will be burned with fire;
    I will destroy all her images.
Since she gathered her gifts from the wages of prostitutes,
    as the wages of prostitutes they will again be used.”

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Sister said:

God has used the name "Samaria" as an example for the rest of the world.  He's not speaking of that actual place back then, but the spiritual land of Samaria now.  It concerns the end times. 

When we study OT prophecies, there is frequently an immediate application and also a future application.  So it is with reference to Samaria in Micah.  Micah prophesied around 750 BC. The Assyrians invaded Samaria (the kingdom of Israel) in 740 BC, and they took the city of Samaria in 722 BC. They tried to march into Judah around 701 BC, but the Lord prevented that. 

However, Samaria was populated with idolatrous, pagan Assyrians at the same time that the Israelites were deported to Assyria, and thus the Samaritans were considered unclean by the time of Christ.  They set up their own system of worship and had their own corrupt Samaritan Pentateuch, Presently Samaria is populated by Muslims and Arabs, and God will deal with all the Arab and Muslim nations at the Second Coming of Christ (and even before that during the Great Tribulation).

13 hours ago, bopeep1909 said:

I am not seeing what you see. You must be interpreting Scripture differently than Ezra and I.

Yes we must be interpreting scripture differently Bopeep.

The book of Micah is speaking of the end times. 

Now read the first verse;

Micah 1:1   The word of the LORD that came to Micah the Morasthite in the days of Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah, which he saw concerning Samaria and Jerusalem.

A witness against the whole earth, not just Jerusalem, but Samaria also.  God foresaw that the whole land was going to end up like Samaria.  So he calls this land today "Samaria".  The land today has the same qualities as "Samaria" in the past, ...the same spirit.

Samaria fell before Jerusalem (Judah), that's why she is called the elder sister.  The younger sister is Jerusalem today.  God calls her Sodom.

But Jerusalem's elder sister Samaria did not commit half of the sins that Jerusalem's younger sister is committing today. So God is comparing the past with the future.

Samaria caused Israel to err back then, and today she is doing it again also, ..but it's not the same Samaria, that little place back then,  because God is telling the whole world as a witness against us.

So who is this Samaria?  He already told us.  Go back to verse 2.

Samaria is the chief of the nations?  What spiritual land does the whole world serve?  Even Israel serves her.  Samaria commits falsehood, and the thief comes in,...what thief?, who have they robbed?  They have robbed Jerusalem of her treasures.

I'm not sure if you are aware, but the scriptures tell us that Israel has taken lovers.  These lovers that she trusts in will turn against her.  God wanted her to remain separate, but she didn't listen.  So the younger sister follows in the older sisters footsteps.

Edited by Sister

11 hours ago, Ezra said:

When we study OT prophecies, there is frequently an immediate application and also a future application.  So it is with reference to Samaria in Micah.  Micah prophesied around 750 BC. The Assyrians invaded Samaria (the kingdom of Israel) in 740 BC, and they took the city of Samaria in 722 BC. They tried to march into Judah around 701 BC, but the Lord prevented that. 

However, Samaria was populated with idolatrous, pagan Assyrians at the same time that the Israelites were deported to Assyria, and thus the Samaritans were considered unclean by the time of Christ.  They set up their own system of worship and had their own corrupt Samaritan Pentateuch, Presently Samaria is populated by Muslims and Arabs, and God will deal with all the Arab and Muslim nations at the Second Coming of Christ (and even before that during the Great Tribulation).

Hi Ezra

Yes. I agree with what you said, but the prophesy back then was concerning the end times.  We have to go further into the chapter, and we will see it's clear.

Samaria was made up of mixed Jews back then, but they are not all living in Samaria today. 

.....Sorry I should of worded it different,  Samaria was mixed Israel. 

Edited by Sister

Time to move on to the next chapter of Micah, hopefully we can learn what the Lord God is showing us through his speech.

Micah 2:1   Woe to them that devise iniquity, and work evil upon their beds! when the morning is light, they practise it, because it is in the power of their hand.

Micah 2:2   And they covet fields, and take them by violence; and houses, and take them away: so they oppress a man and his house, even a man and his heritage.

Micah 2:3   Therefore thus saith the LORD; Behold, against this family do I devise an evil, from which ye shall not remove your necks; neither shall ye go haughtily: for this time is evil.

Micah 2:4   In that day shall one take up a parable against you, and lament with a doleful lamentation, and say, We be utterly spoiled: he hath changed the portion of my people: how hath he removed it from me! turning away he hath divided our fields.

Micah 2:5   Therefore thou shalt have none that shall cast a cord by lot in the congregation of the LORD.

Micah 2:6   Prophesy ye not, say they to them that prophesy: they shall not prophesy to them
, that they shall not take shame.

Micah 2:7   O thou that art named the house of Jacob, is the spirit of the LORD straitened? are these his doings? do not my words do good to him that walketh uprightly?

Micah 2:8   Even of late my people is risen up as an enemy: ye pull off the robe with the garment from them that pass by securely as men averse from war.

Micah 2:9  
The women of my people have ye cast out from their pleasant houses; from their children have ye taken away my glory for ever.

Micah 2:10   Arise ye, and depart;
for this is not your rest: because it is polluted, it shall destroy you, even with a sore destruction.

Micah 2:11   If a man walking in the spirit and
falsehood do lie, saying, I will prophesy unto thee of wine and of strong drink; he shall even be the prophet of this people.

Micah 2:12   I will surely assemble, O Jacob, all of thee; I will surely gather the remnant of Israel; I will put them together as the sheep of Bozrah, as the flock in the midst of their fold: they shall make great noise by reason of the multitude of men.

Micah 2:13   The breaker is come up before them: they have broken up, and have passed through the gate, and are gone out by it: and their king shall pass before them, and the LORD on the head of them.

Who is this family that God is against?  Is she not of Samaria?  She covets fields and changes the portion of God's people.  She is robbing them of their inheritance, she is a thief and a robber.

Daniel 8:12   And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered.

Micah 2:3   Therefore thus saith the LORD; Behold, against this family do I devise an evil, from which ye shall not remove your necks; neither shall ye go haughtily: for this time is evil.

Micah 2:1   Woe to them that devise iniquity, and work evil upon their beds! when the morning is light, they practise it, because it is in the power of their hand.

Revelation 17:12   And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

Revelation 17:13   These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

Edited by Sister
Forgot to mention in Micah 2:1