• Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 5/24/2016 at 3:10 AM, post said:

if we then return to the things that He brought us out of - in our hearts, our thinking or our actions....
then no "work" is calculated, because the displacement is 0....
over that interval....

:emot-heartbeat:

Beloved

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Psalms 23:3

Just How Slippery

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. John 3:7

Are Those Little Babies I Ask

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. John 10:27-29

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  297
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

I would rather volunteer than work. Work is just that. As with that of volunteer it is worthwhile and you get something in return more than when you work IMHO!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

20 hours ago, Jean74 said:

I would rather volunteer than work. Work is just that. As with that of volunteer it is worthwhile and you get something in return more than when you work IMHO!

Volunteering is certainly worthwhile, but most people need to work in order to eat.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

On 7/20/2016 at 6:17 AM, FresnoJoe said:

Just How Slippery Are Those Little Babies I Ask

in general "slipperiness" is measured & discussed using some derivative form of the coefficient of friction between two surfaces. 

considering that no there is no power in heaven or on earth which can separate us ((re: Romans 8:38)) and that the righteous shall not be moved ((re: Proverbs 12:3, Psalm 112:6, etc.))  then this frictional coefficient may in some sense have an infinite measure. 

((though measure is a subject that right now we are 'waving our hands' about not providing any rigor at all about defining)). 

the question here is almost -- are the saints preserved? are we eternally secure, if we are His chosen? or can we fall out of His hands? 

i think those who belong to Him know the answer to that; His name is The Answer

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

On 7/21/2016 at 5:38 PM, Jean74 said:

someone said, more or less, that if you love what you do, you will never work a day in your life. 

though you are not talking about "work" in terms of physics ((like i am, ostensibly, lol, because this is not quite a science thread after all is it)) this attitude is interesting because it is the "work" of those found in Christ: 
we are not under the Law, as though we must establish our own righteousness, and must do some 'work' and receive as wages such things as being at peace with God, justified and able to stand before God, forgiveness, holiness, salvation. 
instead -- He gave us our 'wages' as a gift, without our having done any work, and without demanding it from us. He declared us holy, gave us salvation and justification and peace with Him, all on the basis of faith -- not because of any works at all. the scripture even says the person who does no work at all, but believes, is called righteous by God ((Romans 4:5)). 
so we volunteer. 
we do not 'work' 

we received a gift, not wages. the gift is so great that we are compelled to do the things a laborer under hire would do, from love for Him. but it is not wages, it is not work -- we love what we do, and we will never work a day in our life ^_^

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

if you truly enjoy what you are doing for work it's not any more work than taking a long hike in the smokey mountains....   technically that is work....   but who considers it that.