• Group:  Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  331
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, Ezra said:

There was no old earth nonsense before Darwin came along.  So if you wish to talk about promoting discord, put the blame where it belongs.

"Most of the Church Fathers interpreted Genesis 1 in a plain and straightforward way, as actual history. The six days were 24-hour days. Ephraim (Ephrem) the Syrian (306–373) and Basil of Caesarea (329–379) argued for the literal sense of Scripture against the distortions of allegory. Basil said twenty-four hours fill up the space of one day. Even Ambrose of Milan (330–397), mentor of Augustine, believed each day consisted of twenty-four hours, including both day and night. In addition to this, the Fathers believed that the earth was less than 6,000 years old."

https://answersingenesis.org/christianity/church/the-early-church-on-creation/

I believe in a literal 24 hour days as the Bible says, evening and morning was the 1st day and so on.

I believe in an old earth because of the language in Genisis 1:2. We are introduced to a flooded earth already equipped with water and dry land.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

8 hours ago, Mateo said:

I think the "gap theory" holds water (pun intended). I think as we look into the language. It could be possible.

Your statements show that an intellectual jump has to be made using the imagination to reach that conclusion.  I have no problem with you beleiving it but our job is to be honest about what we believe and how we conclude such.  You may be willing to speculate and use intellectual studies of languages to support doctrines but I cannot.  I have had really bad experiences doing such things.

2 minutes ago, gdemoss said:

Your statements show that an intellectual jump has to be made using the imagination to reach that conclusion.  I have no problem with you beleiving it but our job is to be honest about what we believe and how we conclude such.  You may be willing to speculate and use intellectual studies of languages to support doctrines but I cannot.  I have had really bad experiences doing such things.

I just don't want to seem like a know-it-all

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,088
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Did Jesus get out His word by insulting others?  Nope.  We SHOULD give the word to everyone but we don't have to name call to do that.  The True Word contains no insults whatsoever.

didn't seem to bother him to insult the pharisees  LoL.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

41 minutes ago, other one said:

didn't seem to bother him to insult the pharisees  LoL.

Yeah, well, I forgot about them. But they were everything He said they were and HE is God.  We are not.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, Mateo said:

I believe in an old earth because of the language in Genisis 1:2. We are introduced to a flooded earth already equipped with water and dry land.

And you need to reconcile this within the constraints of the six days of creation. An old earth would relate to a prior creation.

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. (Heb 11:3).

19 minutes ago, Ezra said:

And you need to reconcile this within the constraints of the six days of creation. An old earth would relate to a prior creation.

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. (Heb 11:3).

Do I? Do you believe we are God's frist time creating life?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,088
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Yeah, well, I forgot about them. But they were everything He said they were and HE is God.  We are not.

but we are to emulate him I believe...

5 hours ago, other one said:

but we are to emulate him I believe...

In what ways?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

18 hours ago, John1:18 said:

It clearly states GOD hovered over the face of the water and darkness was upon the deep . 
If God our God of TRUTH  created the water MOSES would have written: and God said let there be water ! And God saw the water and it was good .... But it's written the spirit of GOD hovered over water ...
And then it's written and GOD SAID let the waters be gathered to one place that dry land appear ... 
Saint Peter announces 2peter3:5 the world refuses to believe God made all things from by His word from water ...
So what camp are you in ?
The truth is written in black and white for all to see for 1000's of years perhaps your not as born again as you think you are ? 
Water first just like water baptism 1st 
Fire 2nd just like fire baptism 2nd 
 Peace in Christ 

the scripture clearly states "God created the heavens and the earth
and "
by Him all things were created, things in heaven and on earth, both visible and invisible

do you suppose water is not a "thing" or that it does not fall under the all-encompassing description "the heavens and the earth" ? is it neither invisible or invisible ? is it not a "thing" ? 

there are a lot of things that Genesis does not specifically spell out. that in and of itself doesn't mean they are un-created things. 

((can't see why this thread should be 4 pages long lol??))