• Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,765
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

by George Whitten, Editor of Worthy Devotions

Exodus 12:13 Now the blood shall be a sign (Hebrew word – OHT) for you on the houses where you are. And when I see the blood, I will pass over you; and the plague shall not be on you to destroy you when I strike the land of Egypt.

As we discussed, the word for "sign" in ancient Hebrew is "oht". It was used in Genesis to designate God’s covenant sign with Noah, (the rainbow). And we see now the same word again, in Exodus, identified with the deliverance of the Jewish people from the tenth plague, when the angel of death passed through all Egypt to strike the firstborn. Anyone under the "sign" of the blood was spared.

This "sign" of deliverance for the ancient Israelites, spelled "aleph"-"vav"-"tav" in ancient Hebrew letters, explicitly, the sign of blood on doorposts and lintel, also clearly spells out, "leader", "nail", and "cross". Just as blood on the doorposts was the only sign of deliverance for Israel, the cross of the Messiah Yeshua (Jesus, the Christ), is the only sign of deliverance from eternal death for all mankind. [Acts 4:12]

The mystery of salvation was originally revealed in the very letters God used to unfold its story. In the ancient Hebrew He speaks to us from the beginning of time, that the sign of the covenant would be "the leader who was nailed to the cross". Be in awe of the Father’s love for us!

The post Do You Have the Sign of Deliverance? appeared first on Worthy Christian Devotional - Daily Devotional.

View the full article Note: While this is 'locked' for comments, commments can be made on the article page by clicking the full article link.

oht-word.jpg