• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

Revelation 2:10

Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

The part in the verse above about 10 days is my focus. Was this specific to this one church. A literal 10 days with no prophetic future end times fulfillment to it? Was this a prophetic statement about the end times, or both a literal fulfillment then and also a end times fulfillment. I never heard anyone speak about this interesting line in revelation and was curious what others thought about it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

This is regarding the Church at Smyrna in Revelation. "Do not fear what you are about to suffer" meaning do not be afraid. They had nothing to fear because of their eternal blessings in Christ.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,197
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

2 hours ago, firestormx said:

Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

The part in the verse above about 10 days is my focus. Was this specific to this one church. A literal 10 days with no prophetic future end times fulfillment to it? Was this a prophetic statement about the end times, or both a literal fulfillment then and also a end times fulfillment. I never heard anyone speak about this interesting line in revelation and was curious what others thought about it.

Hi firestormx,

Interesting question there, bro - 

Reading about the church at Smyrna, I see that these represent Christian martyrs down through the centuries.  

`Indeed, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and you will have tribulation ten days.”  (Rev. 2: 9 & 10)

10 – Gk. Word `deka`  - fig. for law, testing

Day – Gk. Word `hemera`  -  fig. meaning a period of time, judgement.                                  

The `10 days` is symbolic (to me) of a period of testing time that the believers through the centuries will have to undergo until God brings judgement.  

So it is that Christ unveiled Himself as not merely alive, but also immune from death`s power, and assures the same immunity to His people.

“And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write, these things says the First & Last, who was dead, & came to life:..” (Rev. 2: 8)

Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  308
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

Greetings firestormx,

On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 7:58 AM, firestormx said:

The ten days tribulation could represent the period of about ten years of persecution that was soon to commence suffered under the reign of the Emperor Trajan who died in AD 117. The Pagan religion was being neglected as a result of the success of the spreading of the gospel throughout the Roman Empire. The letters between Trajan and Pliny give a good insight into this and the policy of Trajan and how Pliny effected this persecution in order to promote the Pagan religion and suppress the gospel. It has been suggested that the persecution against the believers in the region of these seven light-stands was intense during Trajan’s reign. Possibly Smyrna suffered more if the local governor or official was going to be more enthusiastic than other local officials, and this may be why this is specifically addressed to Smyrna.

Kind regards

Trevor