• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

Why would Trump be in danger. No it's to much planning to do it. He looks like he is well secure. Why would he be in danger. He is not president yet.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, angels4u said:

Remember Kennedy?

No. I wasn't born yet.

But I know what four sitting presidents have been killed, all of them by gunshot: Abraham Lincoln 1865, James A. Garfield 1881, William McKinley 1901, and John F. Kennedy 1963. Two presidents were injured in attempted assassinations, also by gunshot: Theodore Roosevelt and Ronald Reagan.

I thought that was ancient history.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

7 hours ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

security has come a long ways since kennedy....and it was difficult to pull off an assasination then. You cant even roll up within a mile of political figures food now, not alone get within shooting distance. Its not something one man with a rifle can pull off. Youd need resources and training. Youd need a group of people with SEAL team training, and the intelligence and resources of a first world country to pull it off.

I disagree,  I shot a rifle back in the mid 1960's made by a gunsmith in Coalgate Oklahoma that I could hit center mass targets from one section line to another on days when the wind was not blowing...   There are scopes today that have little weather machines built in them that will let you make that shot and never miss today with no training at all.....    you can't protect anyone from 5,000+ feet away.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

2 hours ago, other one said:

I disagree,  I shot a rifle back in the mid 1960's made by a gunsmith in Coalgate Oklahoma that I could hit center mass targets from one section line to another on days when the wind was not blowing...   There are scopes today that have little weather machines built in them that will let you make that shot and never miss today with no training at all.....    you can't protect anyone from 5,000+ feet away.

Ok yippee, first off, guns (and scopes) like that are extremely expensive. Second even with that technology, its still a extremely difficult shot-its not something Joe blo can just grab a gun and go out there and do, its going to take practice. AMD let's throw ammo into it, store bought ammo is not likely going to do it, it will take a handloading, and practice, lots of it. And someone who knows how to set up a spider hold without being caught, with a line of sight to trump, with foreknowledge of where he's going to be. This is something unlikely to be pulled off by anyone other then a military grade sniper. Your notion that it can be done by someone with "no training at all" is absurd, someone with no training at all would just buy store bought ammo and likely barely know which end of the gun goes downrange, not alone how to use that fancy, expensive, hard to come by scope (not to mention the expensive, hard to come by 1 mile gun)

And even assume that your "right" that a person can be put in place to take a shot from that distance, what is he going to shoot? A wall. That's because if you didn't happen to notice, most public speaking events are in places like stadiums with no line of sight out to that distance.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Speaking of technology,,,,,I was just wondering,,,,,,how about "drones" for an assassination? Is that a possibility,well,my question is rather,,,,,,"Is that a probabilty"?

36 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Speaking of technology,,,,,I was just wondering,,,,,,how about "drones" for an assassination? Is that a possibility,well,my question is rather,,,,,,"Is that a probabilty"?

Airspace is very well controlled over these events. I doubt even a drone could slip by without their knowledge. And even then, getting a drone with weapons capavility is not easy. Your drone you can purchase at wal-mart couldn't pull off an assassination. We're talking military grade hardware and software to be able to pull something like this off, and even that would be a long shot. It would have to be a military style one with missile capabilities with the range to fire from a distance... And even then radar would pick up the missile launch. 

A drone would stand a better chance then a sniper, but highly unlikely. There are few people with access to the technology and the training how to do it in the US. Very few, and the ones that do are highly monitored.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Thanks Pat,,,,,

It's kinda funny that anytime I think about assassinations(even Presidential)my mind always goes towards "gov't",,,,,hmmm

Well, realistically the only people capable of using a drone to assassinate someone like trump, are governments...and big ones to. Realistically, Russia is the most likely country that could (that isn't a ally) and they wouldn't because it would be an act of war....our government won't because, well it would be blatantly obvious who did it. They wouldn't be able to blame someone else. 

Guest Thallasa
On ‎27‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 7:44 PM, angels4u said:

Does anybody believe here that his life could be in danger ?

All  présidents lives are a target for someone who disagrees with their policies ,and has a  real motive, and opportunity .

I am wondering if you think it is more likely in his case, than the two previous incombents ?

Guest Thallasa
11 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

I remember when president Bush came to my city and I got a short work day because every business within a mile or so of the airport had to shut down and people had to leave and go home.   The kind of security sweeps they do nowadays in concert with the kind of technology that they have available to them is absolutely incredible.  A mosquito doesn't get past them without them seeing it.   And wherever a person they are guarding is speaking, they search every room, every building and they clear every building beyond the distance that a sniper's rifle could reach.   I am sure whoever is being guarded also wears a bullet proof vest.

Most enemies are Inside , not outside ,and then there is a  cover up  .