• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I'm just trying to clarify a few things here. Are there connecting verses in Daniel and Revelation with regards to this event? Does this signify the start of the Tribulation or events shortly prior to it? Is that when the angels fight and Satan is cast down to Earth?

And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

Daniel 12:1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

As I see it, the abomination of desolation occurs just before the great tribulation period begins (Matthew 24:15-21).

The great tribulation period is the same as the time of trouble (Daniel 12:1).

Michael will stand up just before the abomination of desolation (which is just before the time of trouble) which is when the man of sin will be revealed.

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Before the man of sin is revealed, someone (who has been withholding) will be taken out of the way and then the man of sin will be revealed (at the abomination of desolation).

2 Thessalonians 2:6  And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

Michael is the one who will be taken out of the way (he will stand up) and then the man of sin will be revealed at the abomination of desolation.

Michael is the one who withholds with Jesus in the matters concerning kingdoms and kings.

Daniel 10:20-21 Then said he, Knowest thou wherefore I come unto thee? and now will I return to fight with the prince of Persia: and when I am gone forth, lo, the prince of Grecia shall come.

21 But I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth: and there is none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince.

Edited by Watching for Jesus

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,179
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

8 hours ago, OakWood said:

I'm just trying to clarify a few things here. Are there connecting verses in Daniel and Revelation with regards to this event? Does this signify the start of the Tribulation or events shortly prior to it? Is that when the angels fight and Satan is cast down to Earth?

And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

Hi Oakwood,

I would say this scripture tells us -

`"How long shall the fulfilment of these wonders be?" Then I heard the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, when He held up His right hand & His left hand to heaven, & swore by Him who lives forever, that it shall be for time, times & half a time; & when the power of the holy people has been completely shattered, all these things shall be finished.` (Dan. 13: 6 & 7)

Marilyn.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, OakWood said:

Dan. 12:1, And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

At Than Time: 4 Great Events Take Place;

1. At That Time, The Antichrist plants the tabernacle of his palace in the temple of Israel on Mount Moriah (11:45; 2 Thess. 2;4; Rev. 13).

2. At That Time, Michael stands up and casts Satan and His angels to earth to be among men (Dan. 12:1; Rev. 12:7-12).

3. At That Time, the great tribulation begin in the middle of daniels 70th week 3 and a half years before the second advent (Dan. 12:1; 8:24-25; 9:27; jer. 30:6-7; Matt. 24:15-22; Rev. 10:1-19: 21).

4. At That Time, Daniel's people are delivered (translated), every one (144,000) that shall be found written in the book of life (Dan. 12;1; Isa. 66:7-8; 14:1-5).

Michael is the special prince of Israel (Dan. 12:1:10:21; Rev. 12:7-12).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, OakWood said:

Yes, there are connecting verses in Daniel and Revelation.

Daniel 12 corresponds to Revelation 12, the war in heaven, which takes place near the very start of great tribulation, in the middle of the seven years.  

Backing up some.   Israel embraces the person, the little horn, as their messiah, and the 7 years begin.   Then he betrays them by claiming to be God.   So they reject him as continuing as their King of Israel  - ending his stint as being the "Antichrist", no longer in the role of king of Israel.    God has the person killed , and in disdain for him, brings him back to life - now the beast of Revelation 11, who kills the two witnesses.    And he starts persecuting the Jews, and anyone else who doesn't worship him.

The two witnesses rise, ascend to heaven, the 7th trumpet blows beginning the process of the kingdoms of the world ending being under Satan's influence.   Fist step is to kick Satan and his angels down to earth.   In the second heaven, Michael "stands up" (a "saying" based upon what animals do right as they start to fight, bighorn rams prime example,  that means about to go to war) and goes to war against Satan and his angels - and they are cast down to earth from their abode, the second heaven.    Michael had even back at the time of Daniel encounters with the prince of Persia and prince of Greece - forcing those angels aside, in Daniel 10.

So Satan is cast down to earth and there is a time, times, and a half times, - the worst period of trouble for the nation of Israel ever.    

At the end of Satan's time,  at the end of the seven years, Jesus returns to this earth with the Armies of heaven.    We have to keep in mind that along with Satan there are Satan's angels here on earth who are going to oppose Jesus's return - as well as the armies of the nations.     Michael and his armies will fight against Satan's angels - this is what I conclude, as the bible does not specifically say - nor what happens to Satan's angels at that time. 

Edited by douggg

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

16 hours ago, OakWood said:

Hi Oakwood

Here's what I see.

I'm just trying to clarify a few things here. Are there connecting verses in Daniel and Revelation with regards to this event?

Michael is one of the arch angels.  He is in charge of war (amongst the angels) and his position is to watch over Israel.

This would be the best link to Daniel, although it doesn't mention Israel, but happens at this time (because that war is in Israel);

Revelation 19:19   And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

I makes sense to me that Jesus is the one sitting on the horse, and Michael would be the one binding the falling angels and evil spirits, rendering them powerless (under Christ's instructions of course)

Does this signify the start of the Tribulation or events shortly prior to it?

No, it signifies the end of the tribulation, the Coming.  Babylon is about to be destroyed, with all her very wicked.

When Michael stands up, Armageddon is about to begin.  The armies will take a few days to re-assemble, but when Christ judges, it will be quick. This war will only take one day or even shorter.

Daniel 12:1   And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

This is when the remnants of Israel (the chosen) will be spared at the Coming..... only those who are written in the Lambs book of life.  These remnants are chosen to be brought into the kingdom during the millennium. 

Is that when the angels fight and Satan is cast down to Earth?

No, Satan and his angels were cast out of heaven at the resurrection of Christ.  They have not been in heaven for a long time.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

Oakwood

Here's one from Mark

Mark 13:20   And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.

Just before Armageddon is the war with all the kings of the earth fighting each other in Israel.  It's this war that's cut short.  Christ puts an end to this war by his appearing in the clouds.  This is when all the armies re-assemble to fight the Lamb now. 

If that 3rd world war is not cut short, all flesh will die., including the remnants.  So Michael would be standing up somewhere around here, stopping that war to prepare them for Armageddon which comes quickly after.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, Sister said:

No, Satan and his angels were cast out of heaven at the resurrection of Christ.  They have not been in heaven for a long time.

I would disagree with that since John was told that the things in Revelation are things that would come to pass.....    and it was written many years after Jesus was resurrected.  The vision in heaven that John saw has never been there and won't be until next fall, and will not be there again for at least 7,000 years unless the entire solar system's orbits are changed.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

20 hours ago, OakWood said:

Dan 12:1 more likely refers to AD70. Josephus said the prolonged siege of Jerusalem led to tremendous suffering and some residents to commit atrocities e.g. mothers eating their young. Battles for cities today are usually over in a matter of weeks or at most months.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

1 hour ago, other one said:
3 hours ago, Sister said:

I would disagree with that since John was told that the things in Revelation are things that would come to pass.....    and it was written many years after Jesus was resurrected.  The vision in heaven that John saw has never been there and won't be until next fall, and will not be there again for at least 7,000 years unless the entire solar system's orbits are changed.

I agree with Sister. Not everything in Rev refers to events after John wrote. The birth of the man-child in Rev 12 more naturally symbolises the birth of Jesus.