"the dead in Christ". o

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,851
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

I read the Gopels through out, and I only come across to been "alive in Christ".

So what is this, "dead in Christ" ?

Your response will be appreciate. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

Christians that have died

1 hour ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I read the Gopels through out, and I only come across to been "alive in Christ".

So what is this, "dead in Christ" ?

Your response will be appreciate. 

24 minutes ago, ENOCH2010 said:

Christians that have died

"Christians that have died",

How so, Christians they are alive in Christ when they lived, are they not ? 

It is throughout the Gospel, is it not? 

Do they  stopped been alive to Christ when they die. 

Hope I am not giving you the unreachable task.

Do Christians from been alive to Christ, become dead to Christ at time of death?

Hope that you understand that Christians are ALIVE TO CHRIST when they are still living. 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

5 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

There are two aspects to "the dead in Christ", one relates to the body, the other to the soul and spirit.  The dead in Christ are those who expired on earth and whose bodies are in the grave.  But their souls and spirits are always alive to Christ, and live with Christ in Heaven. 

When Scripture says that "the dead in Christ shall rise first" it should be obvious that this speaks of the dead bodies being resurrected.  Their souls and spirits will be brought by Christ to be joined to their resurrected bodies, and from then they will live with Christ in glorious and immortal bodies, and fully perfected.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

12 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

"Christians that have died",

How so, Christians they are alive in Christ when they lived, are they not ? 

It is throughout the Gospel, is it not? 

Hope I am not giving you the unreachable task.

Do Christians from been alive to Christ, become dead to Christ at time of death?

Hope that you understand that Christians are ALIVE TO CHRIST when they are still living. 

The difference is ONE word, nt.  Believers who die are dead IN Christ, not to Him.  Being dead IN Christ means you will be raised to be with Him.  If you are dead TO Christ, you will not see Heaven.

4 minutes ago, Ezra said:

There are two aspects to "the dead in Christ", one relates to the body, the other to the soul and spirit.  The dead in Christ are those who expired on earth and whose bodies are in the grave.  But their souls and spirits are always alive to Christ, and live with Christ in Heaven. 

When Scripture says that "the dead in Christ shall rise first" it should be obvious that this speaks of the dead bodies being resurrected.  Their souls and spirits will be brought by Christ to be joined to their resurrected bodies, and from then they will live with Christ in glorious and immortal bodies, and fully perfected.

I comment you for responding, it shows that you love the Gospel.

It is a little bit not quite something, when Jesus died he was in the grave for three days, is it the same grave you are referring to?

PS

There is another question I need to clarify, but the "grave came up".

And thank you for getting involved, you have my respect for that.

12 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

The difference is ONE word, nt.  Believers who die are dead IN Christ, not to Him.  Being dead IN Christ means you will be raised to be with Him.  If you are dead TO Christ, you will not see Heaven.

Thank you, Morning Glory, you are making the distinction which I am processing, for we must be open minded readers. 

a) "Been dead to Christ" 

That I do understand, it is about those to whom the truth has been reveal, and they have refuse to believe, those may still be alive and believe later, or others may died being dead to Christ, and so been Alive to the Antichrist. 

b) "Been dead in Christ" those who were alive to Christ when they lived and died being alive to Christ.

Then we may say that those people died been alive to Christ.

Or those people who are alive to Christ they are IN Christ, whether they are still living or not, (died).

Does been in Christ means that one is one with Christ, and always will be whether alive on this earth or dead. They can never be separated, and I don't mean anything about the earthly, but about the real person who is house in this earthly vessel.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

We retain our identity while being with Him.  He is in us and we are in Him.  But our soul is distinctly who we are and while the old man has died, and we die to him daily, and we are being conformed to the likeness of Christ, we will still be a distinct person or soul when we go to be with the Lord.  The body is often referred to as sleeping in its grave because Jesus will resurrect it when He comes for His church.  But we are buried in our own graves, not Jesus' grave.

2 minutes ago, Willa said:

We retain our identity while being with Him.  He is in us and we are in Him.  But our soul is distinctly who we are and while the old man has died, and we die to him daily, and we are being conformed to the likeness of Christ, we will still be a distinct person or soul when we go to be with the Lord.

Thank for highlighting that we are who we are, and he is Jesus the Christ, that we have are own mind and emotions and are own experience and maturity or immaturity for that matter, but we all have been partakers of his spirit, for he is the life giver. And we are in him always. We are in Christ whether we are still in this earthly vessel or not. 

We are always alive in Christ, we are never dead in Christ. And we will never be dead in Christ, even when we depart from this earthly vessel. 

2 minutes ago, Willa said:

The body is often referred to as sleeping in its grave because Jesus will resurrect it when He comes for His church.  But we are buried in our own graves, not Jesus' grave.

Sleeping? 

Just like been in a comma, for I know people come back from a comma . 

Is that what you mean? Sleeping..

In the grave? 

Grave it is an easy word, and may have more than one meaning, what meaning does it have in the context you have apply it ? 

Are you afraid to be cremated, or burned as some were burned because of the testimony of Jesus, or eaten by the wildlife, as many Jesus gave them to them for his testimony, or leave them out to be eaten by the votsurs and the rats, because of the testimony of Jesus, 

This was a polite inquiry, hope is taken that way. 

What Jesus can find in a mass grave of some time ago, 

If what you say is possible only those who were just bury will be benefited. I don't know, I am trying to figure things out, you are a nice lady and God bless you, and what is going to be is going to be. But how they way you have suggested. 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Does been in Christ means that one is one with Christ, and always will be whether alive on this earth or dead. They can never be separated, and I don't mean anything about the earthly, but about the real person who is house in this earthly vessel.

Not sure what you mean by "the grave came up".  Kindly clarify. As to never being separated we are told that (1) Christ is in us  -- Christ in you the hope of glory (Col 1:27) (2) we are in Him -- through the baptism BY the Holy Spirit (1 Cor 12:13), and (3) nothing can separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord (Rom 8:30). Christians are literally joined to Christ.

What adds further clarity to this is John 11:25,26:

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

This tells us that while our bodies may die physically, we – the individual souls and spirits – will never die, since we have received the gift of eternal life.