• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

19 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

:As it has been mentioned, those are anthropomorphism, note meant to be taken literal.  Not unlike Isa 66:1 where God calls earth His footstool.  God does not really have feet and they are not really resting on the earth.

We also know Jesus is not a door (John 10:7), or a rock (1 Cor. 10:4), or even a literal shepherd, so what does that prove?

No one is humanising God, God is telling us what He is like.

God has no feet? That's news to me?

Gen 3:8, "And they (Adam and Eve),  heard the voice of the LORD God, (He has a voice, and can talk, and being able to talk, He has a mouth and a tongue), walking (so He must have feet attached to legs for Him to be able to walk), in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden. (God must have literally been there in the garden, calling them with His voice, using His mouth and tongue, for them to want to hide themselves from Him in shame?)

Moses asked God to show Himself in His full glory, God said no one can see my face in my full glory, but I will place you in the cleft of this rock and place my hand over your eyes and I will walk past, I will remove my hand, and you can see my back parts.

Exodus 33: 18, And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory.
    19, And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.
    20, And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
    21, And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
    22, And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand and while I pass by: (God has hands).
    23, And I will take away mine hand and, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen. (Look at that, God said, He has back parts, hands and a face too). :thumbsup:

It stands to reason that if God has  a face, has back parts, and a hand to cover Moses' eyes, God must also have front parts and every other bodily part, as we who are made in His Image and Likeness have.

beside the dozens of Scriptures which you believe are not literal, God walks in the garden in the cool of the evening, God has a hand, a face, back parts, and therefore other parts including front parts., or He is telling fibbies?