IGNORED

Someone said, The Bible says that God has no form, no image.

HAZARD

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Someone on this board, in another thread this morning posted this statement.

"The Bible says that

"God has no form, no image"

No malice intended here by this question. There are many brilliant minds and very worthy Christians on this forum and I am asking this with an honest heart. I believe God has a spirit body by all the Scripture He has inspired by the Holy Spirit, the writers of His word to put in His Word. I would like to know if I am the only one who see this? I am not a heretic, as I have bee accused of,  I do not teach heresy as I have been accused of, I am a committed follower of Jesus Christ who spends an enormous amount of time studying His Word.

Gen. 1:26, And God said, Let us make man in our image after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Gen. 1:27, So God created man in His own image,, in the image of God created He him; male and female created he them.

I ask, If God has no image, well in what image are we created in?

I have found all these Scriptures which clearly teach that God has a body. A Spirit body. We have a body the same as God has only its finite. Jesus had a Spirit body as the Word;

John 1:1, In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
V. 2, The same was in the beginning with God.
V.3, All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (Including man, (US).

Jesus now has a flesh and bone body which in fact can pass through walls, go to Heaven and back in one day and many other things, which he will have forever, as we shall eventually have.

Luke 24:39, Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself; handle me, and see; for spirit hath not flesh and bone as ye see me have.

Many , many, Scriptures throughout the Bible, here are but a few, plainly teach that God says He has a heart (Gen. 6:6; 8:21); so we can assume His heart pumps blood!, He also has hands and fingers (Exod. 31:18; Psalms 8:3-6; Rev. 5:1, 6-7); Nostrils (Ps. 18:8); mouth (Num. 12:8); lips and tongue (Isa. 30:27; feet (Ezek. 1:27; Exodus 24:10); eyes, eyelids, sight (Ps. 11:4; 18:24; 33:18); voice (Ps. 29; Rev. 10:3-4; Gen. 1); breath (Gen. 2:70; ears (Ps. 18:6); head, hair, face, arms (Dan. 7:9-14; 10:5-19; Rev. 5:1; loins (Ezek. 1:26:28; 8:1-4); bodily presence (Gen. 3:8; 18:1-22; Job 1:6-12; 2:1-7; Exodus 24:10-11); and many other bodily parts as required by Him to be a person with a body.

Moses asked God to show him Himself in all His glory. God said He could not show Himself in His full glory for Moses would not live;

Exodus 33:18, And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory.
V. 19, And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.
V. 20, And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

" I will show you my back parts," This alone proves God has a body. . . .

Exo 33:23, And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

If God has back parts, any normal sensible, intelligent person must conclude God has front parts and other parts as well. God said He would not show Moses His face in its full glory or he would not live, BUT IT SEEMS GOD HAS A FACE, HE SAYS SO HIMSELF!

"I will take away mine hand," What do you know,  God also said He had a hand, so maybe He has two hands?

God has a body and can also eat food;

Gen. 18: 1, And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;

Gen. 18:8, And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat.

If God has no form, meaning no body, then why does He say He sits on a throne? How could He sit on a throne in Heaven without a body for to sit in?

Rev. 4:2, And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.

Psa. 11:4, The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD'S throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.  Notice, He has eyes, and eye lids, also.

My God has a body and He sits on a throne in Heaven in His body. He created us in His Image, and in His Likeness, we are like He is, only we are finite, until we are raised from the dead, then we shall be like Christ, infinite beings, able to live with Him and under Him and the Father, forever.

My God, sitting on His throne in Heaven shows me in the Scriptures that has a right hand, and therefore must have a left hand and other bodily parts;

Eph 1:20, Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set Him at His own right hand in the Heavenly places,

Col. 3:1, If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

I would like for someone to show me where God the Father says, anywhere in Scripture, "I AM WITHOUT FORM,"  OR "I AM WITHOUT IMAGE." . . . . . . . In other words, I am a spiritual incomprehnsible invisible, mysterious, being without a head, brain, a mind, arms, legs, heart, mouth tongue, ears, eyes, fingers, loins, can and do go from place to place, and I eat food, ride horses, ride in chariots, appear visible and invisible, and in every one of the hundreds of Scriptures where it is mentioned that I do in fact have a body with bodily parts, and do all the things I say I do, just ignore all of them for they are nothing more than symbols, because I have no form or image, I am just a spiritual puff of nothingness? like a mist or a fog, floating around in nothingness, and I only say the things mentioned in all the hundreds of Scriptures clearly and fully describing me in the hope you can understand who and what I am, and what I can do and cannot do, . . . . . . . . . . . . if that makes any sense to any of you.

Guest shiloh357

I was the one who made the comment that God has no form or image.   In the context in which I was addressing that I was referring to the fact that God has no physical form or physical image.

You copy and paste a lot of stuff by Dake and Dake was incompetent handler of God's word.   He took a very hyper-literal, face-value approach to the Bible which is a very dangerous way to interpret Scripture.  I am a biblical literalist, but I also recognize the various forms of figures of speech that exist in the Bible and one of those figures that Dake did not understand is the concept of an anthropomorphism which give human traits to non-human entities.  

God is not a human being.   God is a spirit.  As a spirit he does not have a physical form.   When God said, "let us make man in our image and in our likeness"  he was not referencing arms and legs and hair, etc.    Man is made in God's moral image.   We were made to be able to think and understand in terms that made us capable of fellowshipping with God.   We were made with the ability communicate with him, and to share in communicable divine attributes.

You need learn about the figures of speech used in the Bible.   Spirit does not have physical form.   God's commandment to the Israelites not create an image of him was predicated on God's formlessness.   They were not revealed any physical form on Mt. Sinai and they were not to make an image of him. 

Sitting on a throne is also an anthropomorphism.   God doesn't have a body because as a spirit God is omnipresent.  He simply refers to his sovereign  authority because a king sitting on a throne is something we can envisage.  So God used something that we are familiar with to communicate the nature of his authority.  

You need to get off the Dake teachings.  He was a false teacher and led many astray.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,184
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Hazard,

You may find my new thread in Eschatology helpful, (as well as Shiloh`s clear thoughts). The thread is - ` 2. Christ operating in the Godhead.`

regards, Marilyn.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, HAZARD said:

I believe God has a spirit body by all the Scripture He has inspired by the Holy Spirit, the writers of His word to put in His Word. I would like to know if I am the only one who see this?

While Scripture says that God is a Spirit, Scripture also shows God sitting upon His throne. So we could reasonably conclude that God the Father has a Spirit Body.  In the passage from Daniel 9:9-14 below, God the Father is called "the Ancient of Days" whereas the pre-incarnate Son of Man is called "one like the Son of Man".

9 I  beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.

10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.

11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

12 As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.

13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.

14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Guest shiloh357

God does not have a "spirit body."   That is not anywhere included in Scripture.   God does not sit on a throne because God is a spirit.  God is an omniscient spirit which precludes him being limited to the confines of any kind of body.  I mean come on, this basic doctrine/theology about the nature of God.  "Sitting on a throne"  is an anthropomorphic reference to his authority and nothing more.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

8 hours ago, HAZARD said:

Someone on this board, in another thread this morning posted this statement.

No malice intended here by this question. There are many brilliant minds and very worthy Christians on this forum and I am asking this with an honest heart. I believe God has a spirit body by all the Scripture He has inspired by the Holy Spirit, the writers of His word to put in His Word. I would like to know if I am the only one who see this? I am not a heretic, as I have bee accused of,  I do not teach heresy as I have been accused of, I am a committed follower of Jesus Christ who spends an enormous amount of time studying His Word.

Gen. 1:26, And God said, Let us make man in our image after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Gen. 1:27, So God created man in His own image,, in the image of God created He him; male and female created he them.

I ask, If God has no image, well in what image are we created in?

I have found all these Scriptures which clearly teach that God has a body. A Spirit body. We have a body the same as God has only its finite. Jesus had a Spirit body as the Word;

John 1:1, In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
V. 2, The same was in the beginning with God.
V.3, All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (Including man, (US).

Jesus now has a flesh and bone body which in fact can pass through walls, go to Heaven and back in one day and many other things, which he will have forever, as we shall eventually have.

Luke 24:39, Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself; handle me, and see; for spirit hath not flesh and bone as ye see me have.

Many , many, Scriptures throughout the Bible, here are but a few, plainly teach that God says He has a heart (Gen. 6:6; 8:21); so we can assume His heart pumps blood!, He also has hands and fingers (Exod. 31:18; Psalms 8:3-6; Rev. 5:1, 6-7); Nostrils (Ps. 18:8); mouth (Num. 12:8); lips and tongue (Isa. 30:27; feet (Ezek. 1:27; Exodus 24:10); eyes, eyelids, sight (Ps. 11:4; 18:24; 33:18); voice (Ps. 29; Rev. 10:3-4; Gen. 1); breath (Gen. 2:70; ears (Ps. 18:6); head, hair, face, arms (Dan. 7:9-14; 10:5-19; Rev. 5:1; loins (Ezek. 1:26:28; 8:1-4); bodily presence (Gen. 3:8; 18:1-22; Job 1:6-12; 2:1-7; Exodus 24:10-11); and many other bodily parts as required by Him to be a person with a body.

Moses asked God to show him Himself in all His glory. God said He could not show Himself in His full glory for Moses would not live;

V. 19, And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.
V. 20, And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

Exo 33:23, And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

If God has back parts, any normal sensible, intelligent person must conclude God has front parts and other parts as well. God said He would not show Moses His face in its full glory or he would not live, BUT IT SEEMS GOD HAS A FACE, HE SAYS SO HIMSELF!

"I will take away mine hand," What do you know,  God also said He had a hand, so maybe He has two hands?

Gen. 18: 1, And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;

Gen. 18:8, And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat.

If God has no form, meaning no body, then why does He say He sits on a throne? How could He sit on a throne in Heaven without a body for to sit in?

Rev. 4:2, And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.

Psa. 11:4, The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD'S throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.  Notice, He has eyes, and eye lids, also.

My God has a body and He sits on a throne in Heaven in His body. He created us in His Image, and in His Likeness, we are like He is, only we are finite, until we are raised from the dead, then we shall be like Christ, infinite beings, able to live with Him and under Him and the Father, forever.

My God, sitting on His throne in Heaven shows me in the Scriptures that has a right hand, and therefore must have a left hand and other bodily parts;

Eph 1:20, Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set Him at His own right hand in the Heavenly places,

Col. 3:1, If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

I would like for someone to show me where God the Father says, anywhere in Scripture, "I AM WITHOUT FORM,"  OR "I AM WITHOUT IMAGE." . . . . . . . In other words, I am a spiritual incomprehnsible invisible, mysterious, being without a head, brain, a mind, arms, legs, heart, mouth tongue, ears, eyes, fingers, loins, can and do go from place to place, and I eat food, ride horses, ride in chariots, appear visible and invisible, and in every one of the hundreds of Scriptures where it is mentioned that I do in fact have a body with bodily parts, and do all the things I say I do, just ignore all of them for they are nothing more than symbols, because I have no form or image, I am just a spiritual puff of nothingness? like a mist or a fog, floating around in nothingness, and I only say the things mentioned in all the hundreds of Scriptures clearly and fully describing me in the hope you can understand who and what I am, and what I can do and cannot do, . . . . . . . . . . . . if that makes any sense to any of you.

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. John 4:24

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Well,I have to say that no man has EVER seen GOD,,,,,so to sit here & say God does have this or does not have this is pure speculation on everyones part ,imo-

We do know that Jesus returned from the dead & He has a GLORIFIED BODY............... I don't think it is necessary to go through all the Scripture verses to show that many SAW Jesus & even TOUCHED Him in that Body,,,,,,,,,,,,,by this I suppose we can ASSUME that a Spirit/spirit does not have a PHYSICAL FORM......we know we are spirit ,housed in a physical body,,,,again,we may think it safe to ASSUME a spirit hi as no form......

We do not even understand the spirit realm,let alone what spirit may or may not look like,,,,,,perhaps in THAT realm spirits do have a form,I don't know?

I would say that Shilohs reply is a most "reasonable " one but that still tells me very little about what I may expect to see,when that day I am standing in the PRESENCE of GOD    God did tell Moses that no man could see His Face,or they would not live   wdhether that is to be taken literally(for ours & Moses sake) or figuratively,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I just don't know

1 Corinthians 13:12King James Version (KJV)

12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

To say "C'mon "sitting on a Throne!" (no disrespect Shiloh),,,,NO,     But yeah,,,,,,,,,,,I can imagine,that I cannot imagine......................

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Until God tells me other wise,,,,,,,,,,,,I will have to honestly say,"I don't know"                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

John 4:24; God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Not the sun, moon, stars; not an image of wood, stone, or metal; and not a beast or man. He is not the air, wind, mother earth, a universal mind, love or some impersonal quality.
He is a person with a personal spirit body, a personal soul, and a personal spirit, like that of angels, and like that of man, who He made in His image and likeness, except His body is of a spirit substance instead of flesh and bone (Job 13:8; Hebrew 1:3). 

Job 13:8, Will ye accept his person? will ye contend for God?

Hebrew 1:  3, Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Phillip asked Jesus a pertinent question; In John. 14:8;

John 14:8, Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. 

Jesus replied;

V. 9, Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Jesus was the Word who had a spirit body (John 1:1) and He divested Himself of this body and became flesh and bone so that He, as a man, in a physical finite body could die for our sins. As God in a spirit body He could not possibly die, but as a man He could. He told Phillip, look at me, I look just like my Father. Jesus was an image of His Father just as we are made in God's image and likeness.
*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Shilo, "God does not have a "spirit body. That is not anywhere included in Scripture.   God does not sit on a throne because God is a spirit. That is not anywhere included in Scripture.   God does not sit on a throne because God is a spirit.  God is an omniscient spirit which precludes him being limited to the confines of any kind of body."

God does not sit on a throne?

Rev 4:2, "And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne."

Rev 4:3, And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the  throne, in sight like unto an emerald.

Rev 4:4, And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.

Rev 4:5, And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

Rev 4:6, And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.

Rev 4:9, And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne who liveth for ever and ever,

Rev 4:10, The four and twenty elders fall down before Him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,

Rev 5:1, And I saw in the RIGHT HAND OF HIM that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.

Rev 5:6, And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Rev 5:7, And he came and took the book out of the right hand of the right hand of Him that sat upon the throne.

Rev 5:11, And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the  throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;

Rev 5:13, And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto Him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Rev 6:16, And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the FACE of Him that sitteth on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb:

Rev 7:9, After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

Rev 7:10, And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

Rev 7:11, And all the angels stood round about  the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,

Rev 7:15, Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: AND HE THAT SITTETH ON THE THRONE shall dwell among them.

How many more Scriptures do you need to get the point that God has a throne and God must have a spirit body to sit on His throne?
*******************************************************************************************************************************

Shilo,"God is an omniscient spirit."

God personally dwells in Heaven, not everywhere. Jesus addressed His Father and referred to Him as being IN HEAVEN, EIGHTEEN TIMES. Jesus said, "Father which is in Heaven" (Matt. 5:16, 45, 48; 6:1-9, 7:11, 21.)
Are we to conclude that you are right and Jesus did not know what He was talking about?  Not one time does one Scripture refer to God as being bodily everywhere. God is Omni-present but not Omni-body, that is He presence can be felt by moral agents who are everywhere, but His body cannot be seen by them everyplace at the same time. God has a body and goes from place to place like anybody else.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

5 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Well,I have to say that no man has EVER seen GOD,,,,,so to sit here & say God does have this or does not have this is pure speculation on everyones part ,imo-

i agree -- it's pretty strange how many people are so sure of what God looks like or doesn't look like when no one has ever seen Him, and no one knows anything of Him except what He's chosen to reveal to them through His Son . . !
if we are really so blessed with this knowledge, could someone give me His shoe & pants size, so i can start my Christmas shopping? 
:P
. . or maybe i'll just give Him my time and my energy and my body and my praise for Christmas. 

the scriptures refer to Him as though He has a form like a man's form many times, and this is how He appeared to to Abraham and to Jacob etc. -- and He certainly took the form a human in Jesus the Christ - who will drink wine with us in the kingdom after that day (Matthew 26:29, Mark 14:25, Luke 22:18). how does a spirit drink? 

but one can call every instance of the scripture that refers to His arm, face, hand, etc. as an 'anthropomorphism' and say that Christ only took on the form of a man, and remind us that He also revealed Himself as a burning bush, and that He will be our light. how does the form of a human light an entire city?

no one can refute you either way, because no one has seen God, and we see and know now only in part. 

i think we ought to be careful how much stock we put in our speculations ((because they are all only speculations)); figure thought-trains like this is how mormonism got so weird.

He is spirit; we know. He took the form of a man, and retained His scars; we know. what we shall be, we do not know, but we shall be like Him. 

12 minutes ago, post said:

i agree -- it's pretty strange how many people are so sure of what God looks like or doesn't look like when no one has ever seen Him, and no one knows anything of Him except what He's chosen to reveal to them through His Son . . !
if we are really so blessed with this knowledge, could someone give me His shoe & pants size, so i can start my Christmas shopping? 
:P
. . or maybe i'll just give Him my time and my energy and my body and my praise for Christmas. 

the scriptures refer to Him as though He has a form like a man's form many times, and this is how He appeared to to Abraham and to Jacob etc. -- and He certainly took the form a human in Jesus the Christ - who will drink wine with us in the kingdom after that day (Matthew 26:29, Mark 14:25, Luke 22:18). how does a spirit drink? 

but one can call every instance of the scripture that refers to His arm, face, hand, etc. as an 'anthropomorphism' and say that Christ only took on the form of a man, and remind us that He also revealed Himself as a burning bush, and that He will be our light. how does the form of a human light an entire city?

no one can refute you either way, because no one has seen God, and we see and know now only in part. 

i think we ought to be careful how much stock we put in our speculations ((because they are all only speculations)); figure thought-trains like this is how mormonism got so weird.

He is spirit; we know. He took the form of a man, and retained His scars; we know. what we shall be, we do not know, but we shall be like Him. 

Exodus 33:11, And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend.  And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

This was evidently a normal conversation with audibil voices as two persons would talk face to face, and as one friend would speak to another (Verse 9-11).There is no indication whatsoever here that God spoke to Moses merely by impression, through an invisible presence, or by any other means than what is usual in a lieral and visible face to face conversation. This is objected to on the grounds that God said My face shall not be seen V. 23), but this was God face as expressing His infinite glory and the light He dwells in, which no man has seen nor can see (1 Tim. 6:16). God's face outside of His glory has been seen by many men with their natural eyes.

Abraham was blessed with several appearance's of God, The first recorded appearance is in Gen. 12:7 which says, :the Lord appeared unto Abraham."

In Gen. 17:1-22, "The Lord appeared to Abram . . . and God went up with Abram."

In Gen. 18: 1, "The Lord appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre." V. 2 says Abraham "lift up his eyes and looked, and lo, three men stood by him." These proved to be the Lord and two angels (Gen. 18:22; 19:1) and he could see them, and, Gen. 18: 8, "And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat." How does a spirit drink? much the same as they eat food when they want to !

God appeared to Isaac and confirmed the Abrahamic covenant with him, as is clear from Gen. 26:2-4. Verse 2 states, "The Lord appeared unto him." And again He appeared to Issac to remind him of the covenant (Gen. 26:24, And the LORD appeared unto him the same night, and said, I am the God of Abraham thy father: fear not, for I am with thee, and will bless thee, and multiply thy seed for my servant Abraham's sake.

God wrestled with Jacob bodily in Gen. 32:24-32. That this was a bodily appearance of God is proved in verse 30; "I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."

In Exodus 24:9-11, we read of Moses and the leaders of Israel including Aron, saw God and ate with Him on Mount Sinai;

V. 9, "Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel:
V. 10, And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness.
V. 11, And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink."

I can quote dozens of Scriptures where God has appeared before men and was seen by them with the naked eye. Sadly no one is interested because of their own personal pet ideas and theories .:12: