IGNORED

Why isn't the book of Maccabees included in the Bible?

Esther4:14

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

So, I have been reading the book of Maccabees and for the life of me, I cannot understand why it isn't included in our Bible.  I am thoroughly struck by how profound the life of Christ was in the light of the book of 1 and 2 Maccabees.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,676
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

because its message is contradicting to Biblical texts. It is an interesting read, and of all the apocryphal books, I will say it is the most interesting read, especially from a historical viewpoint, but it has some serious doctrinal issues. In fact, maccabbees itself denies inspiration (maccabees 2:24-32) 

maccabees, like all the apocryphal books, do not line up with scripture, and was simply included by the catholics to justify their false doctrines. They make interesting reading, but are not for doctrinal use. 

Some further, yet interesting, reading. 

http://www.bible.ca/catholic-apocrypha.htm

Guest shiloh357

The books of the Maccabees and indeed all of the Apocrypha are not part of the inspired text due to the errors that are inherent in them.   Jesus rejects Maccabees and the whole of the Apocrypha as Scripture.   The Jewish people reject the Apocrypha as Scripture as well.

We have the 66 books of inspired Scripture.   The devil wants to distract people away from the Bible which is the only book the devil hates.   Jesus is not present in the Maccabees or any part of the Apocrypha and anyone thinks that Jesus can be seen there, lacks discernment.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Here is an example of one of the heresies taught in 2 Maccabbees 12.

Judas Maccabee - after losing some of his men in a military campaign - made a monetary offering for the dead and is praised for making sure that they were delivered from their sins.    If paying large amounts of money for the dead can SAVE the dead, then what happens to "without the shedding of blood, there can be no remission of sin"?

If you can be delivered from your sins AFTER you are dead by loved ones paying your way out of a purgatorial state - then why bother living a moral and Godly life?  Live as you please and have your family pay for your sins with silver after your death.

2 Maccabees 12:43-45

43 He also took up a collection, man by man, to the amount of two thousand drachmas of silver, and sent it to Jerusalem to provide for a sin offering. In doing this he acted very well and honorably, taking account of the resurrection. 44 For if he were not expecting that those who had fallen would rise again, it would have been superfluous and foolish to pray for the dead. 45 But if he was looking to the splendid reward that is laid up for those who fall asleep in godliness, it was a holy and pious thought. Therefore he made atonement for the dead, so that they might be delivered from their sin.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

3 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Jesus rejects Maccabees and the whole of the Apocrypha as Scripture.   

I do not accept maccabees either but I do not remember where He rejected maccabees. Would you please point out where that is?

Guest shiloh357
41 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

I do not accept maccabees either but I do not remember where He rejected maccabees. Would you please point out where that is?

The book of Maccabees was in existence when Jesus was alive, but Jesus always omits the Apocryphal writings.   Jesus refers to the Law, the Prophets and the Psalms in Luke 24:44. 

He refers to the Scriptures in Matt. 23:35:   "That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar."

Abel is of course, mentioned in Genesis.   Zecharias is mentioned in Chronicles, but Chronicles, in the Hebrew arrangement of the OT, is the last book.  So Jesus accepts as Scripture, the entire OT and consciously omits books like Maccabees and the rest of the Apocrypha.

Not only that, but no NT writer ever mentions or makes any reference to the Apocrypha.   The 66 books we have are the only books of Holy, inspired Scripture.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

5 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

The books of the Maccabees and indeed all of the Apocrypha are not part of the inspired text due to the errors that are inherent in them.   Jesus rejects Maccabees and the whole of the Apocrypha as Scripture....

In Matthew 23:35 Jesus implicitly, but not explicitly rejects Maccabees and the other intertestamental writings. In fact, there are numerous instances where there appears to be a similarity of thought between New Testament passages and verses in the Apocrypha, e.g., between Hebrews and Wisdom and James and Ecclesiastes.

http://churchsociety.org/issues_new/doctrine/misc/apocrypha/iss_doctrine_misc_apocrypha_ntreferences.asp

Guest shiloh357
17 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

In Matthew 23:35 Jesus implicitly, but not explicitly rejects Maccabees and the other intertestamental writings. In fact, there are numerous instances where there appears to be a similarity of thought between New Testament passages and verses in the Apocrypha, e.g., between Hebrews and Wisdom and James and Ecclesiastes.

http://churchsociety.org/issues_new/doctrine/misc/apocrypha/iss_doctrine_misc_apocrypha_ntreferences.asp

The true Bible is the 66 Books of the Christian Bible.   That's the Bible that true Christians read.   Catholics, on the other hand, have their own Bible. 

The devil only tries to quash the 66 books of the true Bible.  No one challenges the validity of the Apocrypha because the Apocrypha is not a threat to Satan.   Satan only attacks what is of God.  And the Apocrypha is not attacked by Satan.   So it has no place in the Word of God and should be discarded as inspired.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

49 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The true Bible is the 66 Books of the Christian Bible.   That's the Bible that true Christians read.   Catholics, on the other hand, have their own Bible....

True or not, neither the New International Version or the New Jerusalem Bible has "saved" anyone.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,096
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings ,,,,,

He refers to the Scriptures in Matt. 23:35:   "That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar."

When I finally SAW the LIGHT,,,after many years of painfully trying to be 'de-briefed"from the "catholic bible",,,,,I remembered Jesus Words in the above Scripture verse by saying"Jesus approved  of the OT from A to Z

Shiloh gave a perfect reference & it makes a HUGE difference in your life to Receive Revelation by simply reading Gods Truth in an unadulterated script,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,like Old School said,No,,,,it is not a Bible version that SAVES but reading an adulterated Word can cause one to stumble if they are seeking a closer Relationship with God or NOT yet Saved,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it was a tremendous stumbling block for me,I was Saved but I was not walking in Spirit & in Truth because of false teachings & hindering my access to the Holy Spirit,,,,,,,,,,,,,in so many ways

If I am writing these words & then someone comes along & changes "my words" to say something else ,before you read them,,,,how can I tell you what I want you to know,how can y8ou get to know ME?                         With love-=in Christ,Kwik