IGNORED

Jesus abolished principle "Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth."?

Ogner

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,830
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

That should be decided on a case by case basis.  Christians should not sue frivolously.  But Christians are no less deserving of justice than anyone else.  I see no problem with Christians filing civil suits where there are large damages and the other part refuses to pay what they legally owe.  Otherwise, we become a doormat and people simply take advantage of us at every turn. 

Yes matters sould be decided on case by case basis, and that time it was more important than today, for not all of the people in the congregation were from discipline background, and also the magistrates out there were expecting that people will bribe them, kind of getting pay,getting  a bonus somehow.

The benefit to have the matter try within the church, would be that the congregation will be exposed  to a code of contact among the believers, and also not to hold grudges and have divisions among them selfs, in the same congregation, and for other reasons. It was not meant to deprived the people from their civil rights. My 2¢ on this one. 

56 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

By using the phase "severed from the body"  I assume you mean disfellowshipped from a particular congregation?   What if the offending party is not a member of your congregation?

It depends if that congregation is in fellowship with your own. there were plenty of false congregations in those days which were not given fellowship as Christian. If they do not belong to your faith, then yeah, take them to civil court.

That in my opnion was a function of the Church. they counseled when new teachings came up and decided on the matter

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Yes matters sould be decided on case by case basis, and that time it was more important than today, for not all of the people in the congregation were from discipline background, and also the magistrates out there were expecting that people will bribe them, kind of getting pay,getting  a bonus somehow.

The benefit to have the matter try within the church, would be that the congregation will be exposed  to a code of contact among the believers, and also not to hold grudges and have divisions among them selfs, in the same congregation, and for other reasons. It was not meant to deprived the people from their civil rights. My 2¢ on this one. 

Yes, I am well aware of all of that.   My point was that it would get rather problematic for two people to say, get in a fender bender at Walmart and then the one at fault being able to claim that they cannot be sued or held accountable on the grounds that being a Christian grants them immunity from prosecution by one they ran into, if both are Christians.

5 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Yes, I am well aware of all of that.   My point was that it would get rather problematic for two people to say, get in a fender bender at Walmart and then the one at fault being able to claim that they cannot be sued or held accountable on the grounds that being a Christian grants them immunity from prosecution by one they ran into, if both are Christians.

Not a problem. The civil courts are not to be ignored. they have authority to prosecute law breakers, and Christians are also to obey law. However, if two Christians decide to settle a fender bender among themselves they can. I know I did this with a stranger at my childs school. He hit be in the back fender, we pulled over, he begged me to please not turn it in due to his insurance situation. LOL, we were both at the high school, and I understood the insurance issue with a teenager . Did not even need to be a believer in my mind for that...........Gave me money, and that was it.

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Joline said:

Not a problem. The civil courts are not to be ignored. they have authority to prosecute law breakers, and Christians are also to obey law. However, if two Christians decide to settle a fender bender among themselves they can. I know I did this with a stranger at my childs school. He hit be in the back fender, we pulled over, he begged me to please not turn it in due to his insurance situation. LOL, we were both at the high school, and I understood the insurance issue with a teenager . Did not even need to be a believer in my mind for that...........Gave me money, and that was it.

Yes, anybody can settle out of court.  That's cool.  That's the ideal way to do it.

3 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Yes, anybody can settle out of court.  That's cool.  That's the ideal way to do it.

Yes, it is. The man who hit me, had just dropped off his son. I could really feel for him. Teenagers and driving is stressful enough, but the insurance issue can be horrendous. He happened to have cash, perhaps not quite enough to fix the dent, but I did not press the issue.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Joline said:

Ogner, did you actually read my post?

I said, these issues concern issues among the body of Christ. How we are to deal with those of our own members which sin against us.........Let those which are unbelievers be judged by civil law. what do we have to do with that? But how we deal with a fellow member is an attempt to reconcile them. If the offender OF OUR OWN MEMBER repents, we are to forgive..........

You can see this same in the law IMO. Moses several times had to have a sinful member be exposed, in order to have victory, because there was sin in the camp.

I'm talking about the other way.
For example.
Will burglar accused of thievery if he did not judge others? How do you believe?

Another example.
Will adultery judge if he did not judge others? 

If husband and wife is adulter and they did not judge and forgive each other. Will they judge or Father will also forgive him?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 5/31/2016 at 8:20 AM, Ogner said:

Justice, when it is done, reflects well on us, don't you reckon?

A lot of people that sue are not looking for justice they are looking for revenge.  There are looking to see how much they can get,

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

A lot of people that sue are not looking for justice they are looking for revenge.  There are looking to see how much they can get,

People that sue do not need revenge; they want justice.

People that want revenge; they do not need justice.