• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, SIC said:

I heard one preacher tell this Sunday " Just was Elisha was able to visualize the activities of the enemies of Israel we are also able to visualize the activities of our competitors at work and we can shine thereby. We can even visualize our future"

Now I had a bad feeling about it. Please give me your opinion on this

This sounds like an ESP paranormal activity. You were right to have a bad feeling about it. I would not be spending anymore time in that Church.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Well Peep,,,,,we really don't know what this preacher said except for the brief re-telling by SIC,,,,,,we don't even know "where" he was leading to with this seemingly profound statement,,,,,To go as far as saying "ESP paranormal activity" & don't go to that church may be a stretch,,,,,,,Sometimes we really cannot know much by a few words,,,,,,maybe the preacher went o-n to say BUT for us it is different or blh blah blah,,,,,,

I think Ezra gave good instruction ,based on what we do know

4 hours ago, SIC said:

I heard one preacher tell this Sunday " Just was Elisha was able to visualize the activities of the enemies of Israel we are also able to visualize the activities of our competitors at work and we can shine thereby.

This is a misapplication of the Bible. Just disregard it.

4 hours ago, SIC said:

We can even visualize our future"

This is true to some degree. A Christian has been given insight into what God has for his or her future in eternity.  At the same time many things are hidden from our view.

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,431
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/11/1989

Ok,

I should have made it clearer.

Now the king of Aram was at war with Israel. After conferring with his officers, he said, “I will set up my camp in such and such a place.”

The man of God sent word to the king of Israel: “Beware of passing that place, because the Arameans are going down there.” 10 So the king of Israel checked on the place indicated by the man of God. Time and again Elisha warned the king, so that he was on his guard in such places.

11 This enraged the king of Aram. He summoned his officers and demanded of them, “Tell me! Which of us is on the side of the king of Israel?”

12 “None of us, my lord the king,” said one of his officers, “but Elisha, the prophet who is in Israel, tells the king of Israel the very words you speak in your bedroom.”

13 “Go, find out where he is,” the king ordered, “so I can send men and capture him.” The report came back: “He is in Dothan.” 14 Then he senthorses and chariots and a strong force there. They went by night and surrounded the city.

15 When the servant of the man of God got up and went out early the next morning, an army with horses and chariots had surrounded the city. “Oh no, my lord! What shall we do?” the servant asked.

16 “Don’t be afraid,” the prophet answered. “Those who are with us are more than those who are with them.”

17 And Elisha prayed, “Open his eyes, Lord, so that he may see.” Then the Lord opened the servant’s eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

This is the portion the preacher quoted. He was saying " We can visualize our future. We  can visualize our businesses booming. We can visualize the plans of our competitors and defeat them We can visualize thousands entering our church. We have been given the power to visualize and ask for it in Jesus's name and it will be done"

There was a young man who was unemployed . The preacher told him " Visualize your future. You will have success"

The name of the church is World Harvest Church.. 

It sounded a lot like Indian Transcendental Meditation to me...

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94

15 hours ago, SIC said:

The preacher told him " Visualize your future. You will have success"

I'm not too sure what is going on here but from what you said; it kind of sounds like the pastor is telling people to look to themselves instead of God. Like rely on your own power (your power to visualize) to get what you want, instead of calling on God to guide your life. I am only going by what you have posted here since I did not hear the pastor's whole message. But that is what it sounds like to me.

49 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I'm not too sure what is going on here but from what you said; it kind of sounds like the pastor is telling people to look to themselves instead of God. Like rely on your own power (your power to visualize) to get what you want, instead of calling on God to guide your life. I am only going by what you have posted here since I did not hear the pastor's whole message. But that is what it sounds like to me.

Well LadyKay you can only go by what I say. lol. I did not record the sermon.

Thanks for your input

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

Sic, this is a sample of the “word of faith” doctrines. And they are false teachings for they go against scripture which teaches that Jesus did NOT come to bring us health, wealth, and a life of ease. We are not promised a life of ease. What we are promised is that Jesus will always be with us through good and bad times. He has promised us, that he will never leave us. Words of faith doctrines say that if you have enough “faith” (belief) that your business will bloom, it will. If you have enough faith that you are very healthy, you will be and so on.

These are just a few teachings that are false. Why do I say they are false? Because they are based on man's ideas of having a good and prosperous life. Ideas from satan really. These teachings have hurt the Christian walk in thousands of lives around the world when the things don't happen as expected. They end up getting criticized and chastised because they didn't have enough faith. They didn't get healed, they didn't prosper, etc. . .

God gives good health to some, others money, some have excellent wisdom, others are good at teaching, some have the gift of gab. It all depends on what God planned for our lives. Not what we can “faith” things to be. As for Elisha knowing the plans of the king of Aram. And the events that immediately followed was for the purpose of teaching the nation of Israel as well as the surrounding nations that there was indeed an all knowing and all seeing God. A living God. Idols of wood and stone can not see or hear, but the God of all creation could. And this is why God allowed Elisha to know the plans of a foreign king. Even in those days, God was calling all nations to worship him only as well as Israel.

Thank you appy. 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/31/2016 at 5:41 PM, SIC said:

Ok,

Now the king of Aram was at war with Israel. After conferring with his officers, he said, “I will set up my camp in such and such a place.”

The man of God sent word to the king of Israel: “Beware of passing that place, because the Arameans are going down there.” 10 So the king of Israel checked on the place indicated by the man of God. Time and again Elisha warned the king, so that he was on his guard in such places.

11 This enraged the king of Aram. He summoned his officers and demanded of them, “Tell me! Which of us is on the side of the king of Israel?”

12 “None of us, my lord the king,” said one of his officers, “but Elisha, the prophet who is in Israel, tells the king of Israel the very words you speak in your bedroom.”

13 “Go, find out where he is,” the king ordered, “so I can send men and capture him.” The report came back: “He is in Dothan.” 14 Then he senthorses and chariots and a strong force there. They went by night and surrounded the city.

15 When the servant of the man of God got up and went out early the next morning, an army with horses and chariots had surrounded the city. “Oh no, my lord! What shall we do?” the servant asked.

16 “Don’t be afraid,” the prophet answered. “Those who are with us are more than those who are with them.”

17 And Elisha prayed, "OPEN HIS EYES, LORD, SO THAT HE MAY SEE."   THEN THE LORD OPENED THE SERVANT"S EYES, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

This is the portion the preacher quoted. He was saying " We can visualize our future. We  can visualize our businesses booming. We can visualize the plans of our competitors and defeat them We can visualize thousands entering our church. We have been given the power to visualize and ask for it in Jesus's name and it will be done"

There was a young man who was unemployed . The preacher told him " Visualize your future. You will have success"

One cannot see into the spiritual realm unless God opens their eyes to see and reveal his will and plans to them.  One cannot visualize the future in any part of their life within their own accord and sight.  God has to open our eyes if he want us to see what the enemy is up to and to what our future things up ahead of the fight will be like.

This truth found with Elisha and his servant holds truth if taught right.  But mankind cannot within their own accord or our own ability foretell or visualize (using our own imaginations to do so) to reveal the future our own outcome after a spiritual battle takes place.  Only God can open our eyes and allow us to see and unless God opens our eyes we only see in vain the things we "imagine" which is not "faith" as that is not what faith is according to Hebrews 11.  Faith is not our imagination at work for man's imagination is on evil continually Genesis 6.  But faith is simply believing for something in the spiritual realm before it ever comes in the natural realm and is manifested.  Faith has nothing to do with visualizing or commanding something into being.  

It all depends on how this preacher teaches this potion of scripture that is dealing with Elisha and his servant before the battle actually took place as it was revealed that in the spiritual realm that there was more in the army of God than there were in the natural or fleshly army of King Aram as he had sent a strong force of his army to capture Elisha.  The servant of Elisha woke up the next morning and saw all those soldiers all around the city and he was afraid and asked what they was going to do?  Elisha prayed to God to open his eyes so that he could see that there was more in the army of God than in King Aram's army.  That is the truth being revealed.

Visualization and using our own imaginations and wills on how things will turn out IS NOT OF FAITH.  If your preacher is teaching that it is.  Then your preacher does not have proper understanding of this scripture passage therefore his message is false.   Only God can open our spiritual eyes to see the things that are hidden from us. 

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, SIC said:

Thank you appy. 

Your welcome  :)

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/31/2016 at 5:41 PM, SIC said:

Ok,

17 And Elisha prayed, “Open his eyes, Lord, so that he may see.” Then the Lord opened the servant’s eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

Thank you for making it clearer for us it did help me personally to understand a lot more.