• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,436
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/11/1989

19 minutes ago, Openly Curious said:

One cannot see into the spiritual realm unless God opens their eyes to see and reveal his will and plans to them.  One cannot visualize the future in any part of their life within their own accord and sight.  God has to open our eyes if he want us to see what the enemy is up to and to what our future things up ahead of the fight will be like.

This truth found with Elisha and his servant holds truth if taught right.  But mankind cannot within their own accord or our own ability foretell or visualize (using our own imaginations to do so) to reveal the future our own outcome after a spiritual battle takes place.  Only God can open our eyes and allow us to see and unless God opens our eyes we only see in vain the things we "imagine" which is not "faith" as that is not what faith is according to Hebrews 11.  Faith is not our imagination at work for man's imagination is on evil continually Genesis 6.  But faith is simply believing for something in the spiritual realm before it ever comes in the natural realm and is manifested.  Faith has nothing to do with visualizing or commanding something into being.  

It all depends on how this preacher teaches this potion of scripture that is dealing with Elisha and his servant before the battle actually took place as it was revealed that in the spiritual realm that there was more in the army of God than there were in the natural or fleshly army of King Aram as he had sent a strong force of his army to capture Elisha.  The servant of Elisha woke up the next morning and saw all those soldiers all around the city and he was afraid and asked what they was going to do?  Elisha prayed to God to open his eyes so that he could see that there was more in the army of God than in King Aram's army.  That is the truth being revealed.

Visualization and using our own imaginations and wills on how things will turn out IS NOT OF FAITH.  If your preacher is teaching that it is.  Then your preacher does not have proper understanding of this scripture passage therefore his message is false.   Only God can open our spiritual eyes to see the things that are hidden from us. 

Thank you Openly. I had  a similar opinion. It's good to know that others feel the same way too

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93

23 hours ago, SIC said:

Well LadyKay you can only go by what I say. lol. I did not record the sermon.

Thanks for your input

Alrighty then.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,832
  • Content Per Day:  2.41

X

On 5/31/2016 at 11:07 AM, SIC said:

I heard one preacher tell this Sunday " Just was Elisha was able to visualize the activities of the enemies of Israel we are also able to visualize the activities of our competitors at work and we can shine thereby. We can even visualize our future"

Now I had a bad feeling about it. Please give me your opinion on this

To be fair to the preacher as to what he did say and what he did not, we must take a moment to look in the attitude of his mind, and how in general people take an event from the scriptures and give a message that appear to be scripture base, but it is actually their own or some groups opinions of how we should contact or manage our lifes and be successful. At the end receiving a benefit for them selfs talking gredid for other people's success and hard labor. And all that without taking a  risk ( financial or not), them selfs. 

The passage from the scripture it self it tell us that the prophet's ability to know the thoughts of others, and in this case from a great distance, it had nothing to do with him self, absolute nothing, the only thing to considare is that he was a chosen vessel, that it would mean it is not open to anyone with just their own want and decire.

To be specific the Lord God who knew the plans of the other King, and for his many reasons, reveal their plans to his chosen vessel with the instruction "go and warn the king" 

The Lord God did not choose this method to help his own all the time, but that what he did this time, the why is another issue not discussed here.

As a reference we see that Jesus perceived the thoughts of the people, whether the leaders or just plain people.

The leaders plan how to arrest him and kill him, and Jesus confronted them by knowing their secrets.

In other matters people were wondering something about him and he address their questions before they asked them.

In another he did it as a ( one stone hitting more than one bird),

The people believe that this man,s sickness it was the punishsment of God, for his own sins or his father's, and God will not help him unless he forgive his sins first, (that time they had their own way how to do that, and perhaps this man and or his family couldn't afford it, or considare Worthy).

Jesus heal him in front of the big people, one time forgiving his sins first and then healing him, and another time healing him first and then forgiving his sins. .

He did many things responding to the thoughts of the people who had not verbalize them. And then enter into conversation.

Back to the preacher, you can not say that he is giving a complete and very healthy message by making the people feel grandiose , and experience the feelings of euphoria, of something not attaint yet.

For where is the instructions that the Farmer does not go to Harvest by just dreaming of a plentiful harvest, but he does need to do the hard and correct work, the sacrifices and the discipline involved, and the external circumstances that his hard labor is not going to be rewarded all the time the same way, .......

For he is not speaking to children who leave in a fantacy world, and others take care of them.

His message is not complete, and it is distorted, and can produce feelings of euphoria but those are temporary, till reality struck, and the stomach is not satisfied by just imagining food, and how they taste. Or till we get the notice of a eviction, from the landlord or the Government. 

Hard work and smart, discipline, and Jesus can help us with the help of the Holy Spirit, and something that's it is attentable and within our means, and sometimes bigger, why not, and the adverse situations out there, the prices of houses goes up and down, and the market fluctuates, and do not open a high end store next to a conservative community, thats enough from me, for I have learn my lesson, been very rich and very poor and wealthy and deprive, lucky and unlucky, wise and paranoid. 

My 2¢s of caution

For it is fun to say, when we will win the lottery we will do this and that, but the next moment "hurry up you going to be late for work", 

To dream your children will be good, but at the same time you are doing something to prepare them for that.

Did I say too much, I am late for work, but don't you worry about me, today is my day off. for I am layed off and my plans and dreams for this summer are only on paper, they are derail. Life??

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,436
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1989

3 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

X

To be fair to the preacher as to what he did say and what he did not, we must take a moment to look in the attitude of his mind, and how in general people take an event from the scriptures and give a message that appear to be scripture base, but it is actually their own or some groups opinions of how we should contact or manage our lifes and be successful. At the end receiving a benefit for them selfs talking gredid for other people's success and hard labor. And all that without taking a  risk ( financial or not), them selfs. 

The passage from the scripture it self it tell us that the prophet's ability to know the thoughts of others, and in this case from a great distance, it had nothing to do with him self, absolute nothing, the only thing to considare is that he was a chosen vessel, that it would mean it is not open to anyone with just their own want and decire.

To be specific the Lord God who knew the plans of the other King, and for his many reasons, reveal their plans to his chosen vessel with the instruction "go and warn the king" 

The Lord God did not choose this method to help his own all the time, but that what he did this time, the why is another issue not discussed here.

As a reference we see that Jesus perceived the thoughts of the people, whether the leaders or just plain people.

The leaders plan how to arrest him and kill him, and Jesus confronted them by knowing their secrets.

In other matters people were wondering something about him and he address their questions before they asked them.

In another he did it as a ( one stone hitting more than one bird),

The people believe that this man,s sickness it was the punishsment of God, for his own sins or his father's, and God will not help him unless he forgive his sins first, (that time they had their own way how to do that, and perhaps this man and or his family couldn't afford it, or considare Worthy).

Jesus heal him in front of the big people, one time forgiving his sins first and then healing him, and another time healing him first and then forgiving his sins. .

He did many things responding to the thoughts of the people who had not verbalize them. And then enter into conversation.

Back to the preacher, you can not say that he is giving a complete and very healthy message by making the people feel grandiose , and experience the feelings of euphoria, of something not attaint yet.

For where is the instructions that the Farmer does not go to Harvest by just dreaming of a plentiful harvest, but he does need to do the hard and correct work, the sacrifices and the discipline involved, and the external circumstances that his hard labor is not going to be rewarded all the time the same way, .......

For he is not speaking to children who leave in a fantacy world, and others take care of them.

His message is not complete, and it is distorted, and can produce feelings of euphoria but those are temporary, till reality struck, and the stomach is not satisfied by just imagining food, and how they taste. Or till we get the notice of a eviction, from the landlord or the Government. 

Hard work and smart, discipline, and Jesus can help us with the help of the Holy Spirit, and something that's it is attentable and within our means, and sometimes bigger, why not, and the adverse situations out there, the prices of houses goes up and down, and the market fluctuates, and do not open a high end store next to a conservative community, thats enough from me, for I have learn my lesson, been very rich and very poor and wealthy and deprive, lucky and unlucky, wise and paranoid. 

My 2¢s of caution

For it is fun to say, when we will win the lottery we will do this and that, but the next moment "hurry up you going to be late for work", 

To dream your children will be good, but at the same time you are doing something to prepare them for that.

Did I say too much, I am late for work, but don't you worry about me, today is my day off. for I am layed off and my plans and dreams for this summer are only on paper, they are derail. Life??

Thank you closest friendnt