• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,436
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/11/1989

I heard one preacher tell this Sunday " Just was Elisha was able to visualize the activities of the enemies of Israel we are also able to visualize the activities of our competitors at work and we can shine thereby. We can even visualize our future"

Now I had a bad feeling about it. Please give me your opinion on this

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

2 Kings 6:8-14 Now the king of Aram was at war with Israel . After conferring with his officers, he said, “I will set up my camp in such and such a place.” The man of God sent word to the king of Israel: “Beware of passing that place, because the Arameans are going down there.” So the king of Israel checked on the place indicated by the man of God. Time and again Elisha warned the king, so that he was on his guard in such places. This enraged the king of Aram. He summoned his officers and demanded of them, “Will you not tell me which of us is on the side of the king of Israel?”  “None of us, my lord the king,” said one of his officers, “but Elisha, the prophet who is in Israel , tells the king of Israel the very words you speak in your bedroom.”  “Go, find out where he is,” the king ordered, “so I can send men and capture him.” The report came back: “He is in Dothan .”   Then he sent horses and chariots and a strong force there. They went by night and surrounded the city.

Imagine knowing a secret & come to find out that your enemy knows it already!!!You would be wondering " who told,who was the informant?" Well,Elisha had the Lord God Almighty to give him the information,visions,Wisdom & Understanding ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so CAN we,we have Jesus,the Holy Spirit we are indwelled with,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BUT.LOL

Now does this mean we can or will know all things,absolutely not but we serve the ONE WHO does.............I'm not sure what the preacher was trying to say but unless one has the Gift of Prophecy,even then it is not OUR ability but only By the Power of the Holy Spirit   Perhaps he was trying to say simply"If God is for us,who can be against us" ,,,,,,,,,,,,but bit does not seem so,lI do agree with you & I think that may be a wrong message to lead people to believe they can know or see things of their own because we are Christians,,,,,doesn't sound right,,,,

Can you elaborate more on what was said?                                                  With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I don't know which scriptures the preacher used for this sermon but I'd be very cautious with this teaching. Elisha was 1 of God's special people and he had gifts few of us have. If you take this teaching too literally you can become paranoid and start imagining things. On the other hand God does give almost all Christians messages through the Holy Spirit. There have been several times I felt a warning not to do something, I did it anyway, and I later regretted it. But it's so hard to know when it's coming from God and when it isn't. So be careful with this. 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

sounds new agie to me....  more of an Oprah thing.

As JTC says Elisha was a very special person, and while I would not say it is not possible for God can do anything he pleases, but I don't see any scripture stating what you seemed to have heard Sunday.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

49 minutes ago, SIC said:

I heard one preacher tell this Sunday " Just was Elisha was able to visualize the activities of the enemies of Israel we are also able to visualize the activities of our competitors at work and we can shine thereby. We can even visualize our future"

Hi Sic :)

Do you mind sharing which church you hear this sermon?

Visualize our future? 

This  very much sounds like false teaching because our future is foretold in the Bible and anything added to the Bible is false.

Did it line up with the Bible what he said?

Revelation 22:18

I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll.

See SIC,,,,,,,everyone of us got the same "bad feeling" as you did,we all agree,,,,,,,,,,,,,,does not sound right from what you shared with us,,,,that is why I did ask if you cared to "elaborate",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,we can only know whatever you tell us,I assumed what you referred to was from 2Kings 6,,,,,,even that,not sure?                                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

BTW,Good Topic,,,,,,there is so many things preachers say that NEED to be questioned & addressed

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,054
  • Content Per Day:  15.41
  • Days Won:  0

46 minutes ago, SIC said:

My wife and I left a church because they were starting to teach eastern type visualization techniques.  This is very new age, which in reality is an old lie repackaged.  Stay away from it.  Do not search out visions, the Holy Spirit will guide you and tell you what you need to know.  Success in this life is fleeting and temporary.  Seek first the Kingdom of God.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

God was gifting Elisha to aid in the helping the nation of Israel against its enemies.  Why did they have enemies?  Because the people were actually enemies of God, himself.

To somehow translate fighting the enemies of God into having visions of your competitors at work to give yourself a leg up is not valid, to me.

Enemies of God does not equal our competition in the workforce.  Those people are our competition, not the enemies of God. 

Competition is  a good thing.  It fosters a work ethic and helps keep laziness at bay.  This sounds awfully weird to me.

Agreed,agreed,agreed

Just remember that I quoted 2 Kings 6:8   not the OP,,,,,,so we really don't know exactly what Scripture this preacher was referring to,,,,,,seems,as we have ALL(me too) summized is that he was generally speaking of Elisha's visionary "gift" as if it were something he had of his own authority or something  we could pull out of a hat,,,,,huh? Very fishy ?

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, SIC said:

I heard one preacher tell this Sunday " Just was Elisha was able to visualize the activities of the enemies of Israel we are also able to visualize the activities of our competitors at work and we can shine thereby.

This is a misapplication of the Bible. Just disregard it.

2 hours ago, SIC said:

We can even visualize our future"

This is true to some degree. A Christian has been given insight into what God has for his or her future in eternity.  At the same time many things are hidden from our view.